Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1397
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 01:01 AM   #13961
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

But, but, but, what was wrong with the 6" Ruger 357 (GP100?)?

What about a CZ75b; VERY comfortable/natural grip.
Dad has the cz75 clone. The tz75 from tangfolio in Italy. Im in love with it. I love the ruger. Just nothing felt like an instant I want. The cz though is different. Have decided to get a nagant revolver for $hits and giggles and a cz82 as well. Maybe pick up something else.....

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:33 AM   #13962

Liked 1224 Times on 876 Posts
Likes Given: 622

Is it just me or does anyone else feel bad for testing trigger pull in a gun store ?
I never do it unless Im dead serious about buying it , I see the clerk do it , and there is no body around or not crowded . But I still feel kinda bad about it .

Moved the porch roof to the other side of the porch today . Well It more of a 2nd story deck and a um coughbenchrestcoughcough .
Too cheap to build a full one , specialy now that its a 3 story deck , 5/8 deck boards must have some gold in them according to home depot and lowes prices

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 07-30-2012, 01:40 AM   #13963

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
Is it just me or does anyone else feel bad for testing trigger pull in a gun store ?
I never do it unless Im dead serious about buying it , I see the clerk do it , and there is no body around or not crowded . But I still feel kinda bad about it .

Moved the porch roof to the other side of the porch today . Well It more of a 2nd story deck and a um coughbenchrestcoughcough .
Too cheap to build a full one , specialy now that its a 3 story deck , 5/8 deck boards must have some gold in them according to home depot and lowes prices
I do it but every gun shop around here knows who I am and knows ill do it whether they like it or not. Of course most guns I deal w are in me and my partners shop so.......

Old 07-30-2012, 01:57 AM   #13964

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I try to refrain from it, Unless they counter guy is a jerk then I let her rip.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:11 AM   #13965

Dont feel as bad if its a wheel or hammer gun that I can control the drop , but its hard on the bolts guns , you wanna check the bolt movement but you lock it back by doing so . I should also say , i have no problem doing it in walmart or another national chain , ill treat it like a cap gun click click click click click and laugh about it , but when i refrain is if its a used gun in a shop or if im buying a display and never on rim fires . The you have the gun that are so purrty and clean you dont want to even handle it . I have random customers walk in my shop and just start picking up my SKS's and my pistols . Look you dumb nuts ! All are loaded with one in the tube ..... and you getting fingerprints on them !
Or they will walk up and try to pull the mag out of a sks and drop 10 live rounds all over the floor . LEAVE MY $HIT ALONE ! JUST LOOK AND TALK ABOUT THEM

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 07-31-2012, 07:05 AM   #13966
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11542

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Dont feel as bad if its a wheel or hammer gun that I can control the drop , but its hard on the bolts guns , you wanna check the bolt movement but you lock it back by doing so . I should also say , i have no problem doing it in walmart or another national chain , ill treat it like a cap gun click click click click click and laugh about it , but when i refrain is if its a used gun in a shop or if im buying a display and never on rim fires . The you have the gun that are so purrty and clean you dont want to even handle it . I have random customers walk in my shop and just start picking up my SKS's and my pistols . Look you dumb nuts ! All are loaded with one in the tube ..... and you getting fingerprints on them !
Or they will walk up and try to pull the mag out of a sks and drop 10 live rounds all over the floor . LEAVE MY $HIT ALONE ! JUST LOOK AND TALK ABOUT THEM
Wow. I mean just wow.

I have a few guns that are loaded and ready to rock. None of them would be anywhere openly accessible to friends, customers, enemies or maybe some 2 or 3 year old kids who might walk in. It may just be me but I think keeping everything cocked and ready to rock out in the open is foolish.

Is it just me?

Old 07-31-2012, 07:25 AM   #13967

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Wow. I mean just wow.

I have a few guns that are loaded and ready to rock. None of them would be anywhere openly accessible to friends, customers, enemies or maybe some 2 or 3 year old kids who might walk in. It may just be me but I think keeping everything cocked and ready to rock out in the open is foolish.

Is it just me?
You are right, but I think we are misreading or misunderstanding.

MobileMarine strikes me as a pretty smart guy, and I don't think he would negligently put anyone at risk.

I am sure he will clarify this for us.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:31 AM   #13968

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
On my way home from my sister's house tonight, I caught a whiff of something. I don't know what it is, but I've smelled it before. It's a plant, that when crushed, it gives off a spicy, tangy odor. Much like sawn sassafras, kind of black peppery.

It threw me back into something I thought I'd left behind forever. I smelled this plant (I think it's sage, but I'm not sure) in Afghanistan all the time.

The next thing I knew, I was driving over 100 miles an hour on a curvy backroad, and it dawned on me that I was searching for a feeling. The sage was replaced with the smell of hot rubber, the sound of my engine running almost right at red line, and blasting heavy metal.

After a moment, even knowing that just a squirrel running out in front of me, or hitting a small pothole, may just cost me my life, I realized I'll never find that feeling again.

In 2004 battalion landing team 1/6 were gods. Just as the Marines got the nickname "teufel hunden" in belleau wood, we were named "deathwalkers" by our enemy.

*"These Americans are not like the ones before… they stay and fight. Wherever they go they create death… They are death walkers."* ~ Taliban leader, oruzgon province, 2004.

Knowing that I will likely never again "live by the gun, die by the gun" is both, sometimes relieving, and disappointing.

It's almost like what I would imagine being on a football team would be like, if you're on the team, and win the super bowl. But even though the team goes on to even more greatness, that winning super bowl was your last game, and you'll never play again.

No more glory. Relieving, and disappointing. Glory is dangerous, hard, bloody, and violent. REWARDING. But, I most likely will never again go forth to kill on purpose, for the sole intention of picking a fight and destroying life. It damages the soul, and mine already is full of holes. RELIEF, in what feels like only a shaky peace at best, but just a momentary lull in the suffering of hell at worst, but relief, not putting my life on the line, and the sickness of taking joy in it.

But nothing else ever makes a man feel so alive. It's no wonder so many vets come home with a superman complex.
If you are looking for that feeling again, that team, that belonging, may I suggest Law Enfircement!

ATF, DEA, FBI, HS, SWAT, or other elite group of do gooders.

That's we're I had to go after the service.

Just make sure your doing it for the right reason.
Otherwise join the fire department.

And no I am not putting down FD. The have it all but without the guns..

FD saved my butt more than once

Old 07-31-2012, 07:35 AM   #13969

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm47nagiont
Will last night I had to put my dog down I had him for 10 years now he's not at the top of the stairs when I walk out of my room in the morning there's no more happy greetings in the morning I no longer have my friend to accompany me when im sad I miss his happy little attitude is funny personality the noise his collar made win He ran up and down the stairs I just miss his name scooter

right now it feels as if somebody took a knife and cut half of my heart out
I had to wipe my eyes and my mind before I could reply.

I am so sorry for your loss.

My dog is the most important person in my life, and I have been married more than a quarter century, and have two sons, one a Vet like my wife and I.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:57 PM   #13970

Well i dont have a office persay , i have a desk in 100 degree shop , no kids ever come in , its mostly one of our tow guys or a buddy who stops by . EVERYONE knows my stuff is ready to rock but they are informed boldly when they ask or pick up , its a nice round about way of saying leave it the hell alone . I keep a sks here for the occasional late after noon tannerite session , the 870 for pest and muskrats and a pistol or two in the desk . I get alot of vets and active in here and between the arty shells , ordinance and guns , alot of conversations get started .
Hell it was just the other day when my cousin ...... a leo , walked in and after telling him its hot he tries to pull the mag on the sks .............. we all know what happened after that .
I had a customer years ago who was a freaking idiot pull up at the house while i was shooting , i sat the k frame on the tail gate , he walks over , picks it up and pulls the trigger . Gun went off and scared the piss out of him .... me too since i had my back turned . WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ??!!
I thought it was fake gun ........
GIVE ME THAT DAMN THING ! YOU STUPID IDIOT !
I had a problem with picking up guns at others houses till one day I grabbed a H&R sportsman 22 out of a tool box in the garage , pulled the hammer back and let go , expecting it to stay back , it went off and lodged in the side door of the shop . Needless to say I felt a bit smaller than a atom and have never grabbed someone else gun since .
Having a long gun sitting , hot , is no different than having a revolver