Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1378
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2012, 03:51 AM   #13771
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy60
I hope it works out trip. I've been out since may2011. I hope I can get back to it soon
I would recommend this area to people looking for work. In a totally crappy economy, the region is actually doing pretty good. I think the unemployment rate is high (I haven't checked it) but the jobs are out there. Without really crunching numbers, and just going by what I see with my own eyes, I think this area could achieve an unemployment as low as 5%. The problem lies in the people that don't WANT to work around here. Seriously, I've been out of work for about 3 weeks, and I didn't even try that hard, I just kept my eyes and ears open and asked around. A bunch of online applications that I'll probably start getting calls about now that I've found a job... That's how it worked last time, my first week on the job I got 3 more offers...

Old 07-21-2012, 04:28 AM   #13772
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8817 Times on 5100 Posts
Likes Given: 11490

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy60 View Post
My mom asked me today " why do you need so many guns?". I said "cause so many things need to be shot!!!"
My mom hasn't asked me that yet. She is 81 years old and has never fired a gun in her life, but she has been after me to take her shooting for several months. Very recently I had my father and step-mother with my two nieces for a shooting session. First time shooting for the nieces, my dad hadn't fired a gun since the 1950's.

The only way I could answer my mother if she asked this question would be to have her come over and shoot. One gun each day for however long it takes. Start off with the .22's and work our way up from there. Each day would include a lesson on that particular firearm and how the cartridge was developed, how I came to have one, and whatever else I can think of. One gun a day, working our way through the collection.

I can't explain it to her in one day, any more than I can explain it to anyone else in one day. Each gun has a story and each story takes some time to tell.

that's what I would do.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:54 AM   #13773
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1818 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

My mom hasn't asked me that yet. She is 81 years old and has never fired a gun in her life, but she has been after me to take her shooting for several months. Very recently I had my father and step-mother with my two nieces for a shooting session. First time shooting for the nieces, my dad hadn't fired a gun since the 1950's.

The only way I could answer my mother if she asked this question would be to have her come over and shoot. One gun each day for however long it takes. Start off with the .22's and work our way up from there. Each day would include a lesson on that particular firearm and how the cartridge was developed, how I came to have one, and whatever else I can think of. One gun a day, working our way through the collection.

I can't explain it to her in one day, any more than I can explain it to anyone else in one day. Each gun has a story and each story takes some time to tell.

that's what I would do.
Do you think you could get your Mom to shoot with you?

Old 07-21-2012, 05:58 AM   #13774
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8817 Times on 5100 Posts
Likes Given: 11490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
Do you think you could get your Mom to shoot with you?
Oh yeah! I can but so far it has not yet happened. I'll get a picture of her shooting the AR.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:59 AM   #13775
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Oh yeah! I can but so far it has not yet happened. I'll get a picture of her shooting the AR.
That would be awesome!

Old 07-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #13776

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I'm having severe Cinderocka withdrawals. She camping with her family, almost like a reunion it seems, aunts, uncles, cousins, niece, grandparents, and unreliable phone service and battery charging capabilities...
But I think she's heading home today. Thank God. I'm going nuts without my Cinder.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #13777

Liked 1220 Times on 872 Posts
Likes Given: 621

Can we say '' CLUSTER ***^ '' ? AND YOU GUYS THINK A SOLID FRAME REVOLVER IS BAD

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Last edited by MobileMarine; 07-21-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #13778

Liked 36 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 841

Would a red-headed ninja be called a "ginja"???

Old 07-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #13779
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy60
Would a red-headed ninja be called a "ginja"???
That's awesome! I'm about to text that to a ginger friend of mine. Haha.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #13780
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
I'm having severe Cinderocka withdrawals. She camping with her family, almost like a reunion it seems, aunts, uncles, cousins, niece, grandparents, and unreliable phone service and battery charging capabilities...
But I think she's heading home today. Thank God. I'm going nuts without my Cinder.
Then you'll enjoy seeing her even more when she gets back.