Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1343
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #13421
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 361 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 6

a few years ago i was changing oil in the driveway & see a harley fat boy pull over & stop a few yards down the road. the rider & his passenger get off & he's lookin over the bike, scratchin his head & cursing. i go over to offer help & see that the bolt that holds the headlight on snapped & the headlight is just hangin by the wiring harness. this bolt is about a half inch in diameter & it snapped from the vibration.

while the rider is tryin to figure out what he's gonna do, his female passenger turns & says to me "this wouldn't have happened on my Kawasaki."

don't get me wrong i like some harley's, but you gotta love people that don't blindly believe all the hype

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

Last edited by donthav1; 07-07-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #13422

Liked 1103 Times on 799 Posts
Likes Given: 570

Quote:
Sounds like your Harley breaks down a lot, maybe you should trade or in for a Honda.
GASP

Thats blasphemy !
They do make great stuff though . And the bike would not break so much if I wont so hard on it .
I had to run to clarksville va the other day , bout a 100 mile round trip and ran no less than 95-100mph the whole way down 2 lane country rds , got back and the back tire had roasted itself off nearly , no tread left and I had plenty when I left .
I think its b/c I have laid it down once on that side and the kick stand got away from me once too and it dropped on the shifter again . Im surely missing it right now , just got one stranded at the ramp and looks like im takeing the towahoe out there
On top of all that its 103 and this new medicne they got me on for my back makes me feel like a Zombie , who knew a little patch could whoop my butt like this one can ? Worse , how do people abuse this stuff ? Im pretty tolerant of pain med but dern this thing , been about to puke all day

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #13423
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8320 Times on 4808 Posts
Likes Given: 10786

Harley owners are like Taurus owners. Just too blind to see the failings of the company.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #13424
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1333 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Well... I know two Harley guys personally who went to the Jap side...
They both said the same thing. "there's nothing like a Harley, but I want something I can actually ride somewhere and not worry about it"

The very few Harley owner's I know now spend more time working on their bikes than riding them...
A close friend of mine was a Service Writer for a HD store. He rode a Harley, but he said once that they are meant to be fixed as much as they are driven. His wife worked for a Honda bike dealership, and that made for some interesting discussions! But he, the Harley mechanics under him, and two other dealers all agreed: If they wanted an ultra-reliable bike, they'd buy Honda. But then one of them said, "But I just want to look great going down the road!" and everyone laughed.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 07-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #13425

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
... and this new medicne they got me on for my back makes me feel like a Zombie ...

did you say Zombie?

<removes lens cover ... acquires target ... dials up elevation 6, no 7 clicks ... windage, 3 clicks ... steadies breathing ...> no hard feelings Mobil

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 07-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #13426
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8320 Times on 4808 Posts
Likes Given: 10786

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
But then one of them said, "But I just want to look great going down the road!" and everyone laughed.
Well, they may think they look great when they are going down the road, but I laugh my ass off every time I see a group of Harleys parked on the side of the road because one or more of them broke down! You don't see that much with other (Jap) brands!

Old 07-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #13427
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3314 Times on 1842 Posts
Likes Given: 140

I had a neighbor who had a Harley, he worked on his bike more than I worked on my Chevelle and I worked in that car as much as I drive it...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #13428
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1333 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
did you say Zombie?

<removes lens cover ... acquires target ... dials up elevation 6, no 7 clicks ... windage, 3 clicks ... steadies breathing ...> no hard feelings Mobil
LOL! There's someone who's ready!

No, he said FEELS like a zombie, not IS a zombie. :-)

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 07-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #13429

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
Harley owners are like Taurus owners. Just too blind to see the failings of the company.
Hey. Every company is entitled to it's token POS.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #13430

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
LOL! There's someone who's ready!

No, he said FEELS like a zombie, not IS a zombie. :-)
Feels, is ... tomatoes, tomotoes ... can't be too careful when it comes to Zombies and there's only 1 way to be sure

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD