Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1231
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #12301
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MobileMarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: youngsville,nc
Posts: 3,931
Liked 1344 Times on 966 Posts
Likes Given: 664

Default

BIGDADDY what size you runnin ?

Winds , it would pay for itself to have oil filter relocater installed and go buy you a oil pump that you can stick down the dip stick tube and suck it out , both of them ideers and you wont ever have to get underneath the car again and could change your own oil again . If your filter is easy enough to get to then you wont need a kit . The extended mileage oils may be something to look at also , There are oils out now that you never have to change , you just change the filters every couple of 15-20,000 miles but its a very expensive initial investment .
I run amsoil 15-40 diesel / marine in EVERYTHING I own but the bike and the grizzly .
Research ZINC additives and I bet youll be buying some good stuff , cant have too much zinc

If your a women , you gotta watch the jiffy screw ... i mean jiffy lube type places . I cant work at places like that , they sell crap that folks cant afford nor do they need , Id rather be broke at the end of the day knowing I delt them right then knowing they are facing harder times b/c I sold them somthing they did not need
__________________
Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Last edited by MobileMarine; 06-23-2012 at 03:48 PM.
MobileMarine is offline  
bigdaddy60 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #12302
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 25,609
Liked 8950 Times on 5352 Posts
Likes Given: 11966

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
BIGDADDY what size you runnin ?

Winds , it would pay for itself to have oil filter relocater installed and go buy you a oil pump that you can stick down the dip stick tube and suck it out , both of them ideers and you wont ever have to get underneath the car again and could change your own oil again . If your filter is easy enough to get to then you wont need a kit . The extended mileage oils may be something to look at also , There are oils out now that you never have to change , you just change the filters every couple of 15-20,000 miles but its a very expensive initial investment .
I run amsoil 15-40 diesel / marine in EVERYTHING I own but the bike and the grizzly .
Research ZINC additives and I bet youll be buying some good stuff , cant have too much zinc

If your a women , you gotta watch the jiffy screw ... i mean jiffy lube type places . I cant work at places like that , they sell crap that folks cant afford nor do they need , Id rather be broke at the end of the day knowing I delt them right then knowing they are facing harder times b/c I sold them somthing they did not need

I take my car to a Honda dealership because my car is getting up in years and mileage and I want someone checking it who really knows Hondas. They don't charge any more than the Jiffy Lube type places............and they wash my car.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #12303
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

What kind of truck are you all driving? My mom just had all of her tires replaced on her Silverado, and it only cost her $600. She also got a $70 gas card.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #12304
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
What kind of truck are you all driving? My mom just had all of her tires replaced on her Silverado, and it only cost her $600. She also got a $70 gas card.
My tires for the Ford cost $150 apiece. My winter tires cost #185 apiece. Normal weather tires- 33x17r80 imperial kings(made by kuhmo) winter tires-35x18r110 tundra kings(kuhmo).
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #12305
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 3-P
Posts: 3,940
Liked 955 Times on 610 Posts
Likes Given: 1076

Default

The tires on my scout were about $1,000... But thats my fault, I just HAD to have the super spiffy BFGoodrich mud terrains...

On another note I just bought 7 scopes for under $100. Got a Russian PO-1 and 6 vintage red dots.. The red dot ones are strange, The sight is occluded meaning you can't see thru it.. You look though it like a scope but keep both your eyes open.... Your eyes blend the two images together and you magically get a floating red dot in front of you!!
107_6119.jpg   107_6125.jpg   107_6117.jpg  
__________________
Quote:
...... I suffer from a very rare genetic defect that causes me to be sympathetic toward the International cause. There is no cure.
Trez is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #12306
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MobileMarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: youngsville,nc
Posts: 3,931
Liked 1344 Times on 966 Posts
Likes Given: 664

Default

Kid came in one day and said he needed a tire , dad asked him what size he had and the kid looked at him nice and dumb and asked if he had a tape measure he could borrow
LMFAO
__________________
Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
MobileMarine is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #12307
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jordan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Defiance,Ohio
Posts: 1,255
Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default

Got to shoot an M1A today. Pretty awesome.

forumrunner_20120623_142615.jpg
__________________
Everybody needs a little Devastation!
jordan89 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #12308
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan89
Got to shoot an M1A today. Pretty awesome.
They are a great gun. I own 2 of em.
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #12309
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jordan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Defiance,Ohio
Posts: 1,255
Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
They are a great gun. I own 2 of em.
Yes they are. My father in law has 2 also. He shoots them competitively. I don't have any pics of our targets but I did alright at 100 yards for my first time shooting this gun.
__________________
Everybody needs a little Devastation!
jordan89 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #12310
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan89

Yes they are. My father in law has 2 also. He shoots them competitively. I don't have any pics of our targets but I did alright at 100 yards for my first time shooting this gun.
I have one that's all original black synthetic w irons on it and my other one has a sniper force stock by tapco on it that has scout scope rails and quad rails full length of the reciever. The scope on it is a 1-4x24 millet dms scout scope. I also have a larue kick back base for it that has a 3-15x42 Weaver super slam mounted on it.
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM



Newest Threads