Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1229
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 04:54 AM   #12281
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

I think Wray meant he sets them back til he gets ALL 4...then has them installed.

Old 06-23-2012, 04:59 AM   #12282

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51
I think Wray meant he sets them back til he gets ALL 4...then has them installed.
Nope, i get one at a time.lol

I can usually only afford one then i will get another one the next week then so on.

But i get them put on as i get them

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 06-23-2012, 05:03 AM   #12283

Liked 1201 Times on 858 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Take some advice from the the guy who grew up in the tire field . Kumhos are a pretty good tire . BUT >>>>>> BUT always always always check the date of manufacturing . JUst b/c its new dont mean its fresh . We see it all the time where a person just had new tires put on last week and they are blowing left and right b/c they are already 5-10 years old !
In most cases the last 2 digits of the D.O.T code are the year they were made .
If the tires are not going on the drive axle , you can mix them a bit .

I hate seeing people get ripped off and taken advantage of , it burns my ass up.
I dont know everything but when it comes to Boats , Engines , Tires or anything in those general fields I know quite a bit and am more than willing to help out with advice or possible hook up .

KYjelly I mean tow , Have you done any research on the malibu ? Id steer clear of that thing . Consumer reports are usually pretty reliable on things like that , Also call the service department and ask what they work on the most , if its one your looking at then ask whats the most common problem . Most will talk to you about it , if not then call another or hit up one of the techs and give him some lunch money for his time and info . If all that fails then drive by the service lane and see whats sittin .
Your already loosing your ass off on a new car , might as well make it less painfull by getting one that will last .

ALSO , if your buying a new car or truck , price out tires before hand ! Guys come in everyday with these new f2-350s dumping 1k+ for tires , and they never thought about it when they OPTED for that tire and wheel package .
Impulse buying on a car ALWAYS bite you in the ass , be patient and do your research and you wont be sorry .
KYTOW if no one will talk to you about the malibu let me know and ill call my guys at the GM place and ask .

There are some cars/truck out there that have new tire sizes and only one company makes that tire as or yet , so they can pretty much name their own price for it . Most salesmen know nothing about the car they are selling other than what they can read off the sticker

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Last edited by MobileMarine; 06-23-2012 at 05:08 AM.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:09 AM   #12284

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Mobilmarine, thanks, I've read into them for a while. Their reports look okay for the most part. Consumer reviews I've read are alright. Have some friends with them and have had zero issue. The place I am buying from has a lifetime power train warranty. I won't buy brand new, no point in it. Lookin around the 16k range. Car fax reports on all I've looked at have come back clean. I know 17" tire sizes are priced high, thankfully not 18"s. I like Chevy, dad has two, wife has one, her parents two. No issues out of any of them. Buying with under 30k miles should be helpful as well. I am going to have it checked out, etc.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:34 AM   #12285

As much as I am pro usa made , i would rather have a yota , subaru or honda , nissan has fell off big time the past few years . As much as i peg the burus as a liberal tree huggers car , they are quite a bad ass lil reliable car , purrty tough too . I have seen plenty of the older 4cly camerys pushing 400k with O.G motors . Like they say round here , If you want a 4cly go jap or german ,if you want a v8 then go american but they also say she aint broke in good till they hit about 150k mile lol . The only decent v6 in my book is the ol 4.3 chevy , right strong lil motors with a good bit ass behind it , at least in the marine field they are
KYTOW check out the post a pic thread , I got some pics up for ya from last weekend

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:37 AM   #12286

I was looking into subarus. To expensive.

Oh dern....

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:43 AM   #12287
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7664 Times on 4606 Posts
Likes Given: 9581

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
I was looking into subarus. To expensive.
I drive a 2001 Honda with 137,000 miles on it. I bought it used with 114,000 miles on it. I think it has a lot of years left in it.

My dream car.......a Subaru Outback. *sigh* I owned a Subaru many years ago, in the late '70's. I LOVED that car.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:44 AM   #12288

I like the impreza wrx. Wanted a new truck but wife wanted me toget car.

Oh dern....

Old 06-23-2012, 05:46 AM   #12289

The older burus are tough , they can jump hills and do at least 3 roll overs and still drive home , ther are not too much more than new hondas or yotas , and winds you should get 250k out of that honda easy if you stay ontop of the upkeep

Old 06-23-2012, 06:29 AM   #12290
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7664 Times on 4606 Posts
Likes Given: 9581

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
The older burus are tough , they can jump hills and do at least 3 roll overs and still drive home , ther are not too much more than new hondas or yotas , and winds you should get 250k out of that honda easy if you stay ontop of the upkeep
I baby my car as best I can. If it acts event he slightest off......it's in the shop. Oil changes religiously. I can't afford to buy another car.