Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1198
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #11971
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Listening to this manhunt on the hospital shooting. Anyone else aggravated by the term 'military precision' being used to describe it?
Exactly what does that mean,he hit his target? I know a lot of military shooters that I wouldn't exactly call precise. Seems like anti-military brainwashing to me.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #11972

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Sitting by the pond trying to remember where his memory went since he's not been taking his gincobaloba sorry cane I couldn't resist that. He's probably to busy catching gators and turning them loose in the canals
On golden pond?

Old 06-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #11973

Liked 831 Times on 540 Posts
Likes Given: 953

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Except when they don't... And it's a good thing I'm a diesel mechanic too since I can't figure out what's wrong with my own truck I'll just fix everyone else's... Stupid gas engine. I vote we make everything diesel. No vacuum, therefore, no need to find a vacuum leak that doesn't exist.
See it should be a IHC.. I have one vacuum line, from the carb to the distributer..

I hate diesels! I had a Ford backhoe, everything was so damn expensive!! The injector pump went out - the Pump was $2,000!! and you had to spilt the tractor into two parts. I had to sell it cause I couldnt afford to fix it..

Old 06-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #11974
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5736 Times on 3361 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Weird! Does the forum seem kinda messed up today to anybody else? missing pictures/icons, dropdowns don't work, etc?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #11975
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5736 Times on 3361 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Actually I think it's an EGR valve which would explain why the pot pane didn't find it.
At least your engine has an EGR; the genius at nissan who decided my lil fourbanger didn't need one, even with a rich mixture and a close-coupled pre-catalytic converter cost me some money for a header.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #11976
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3858 Times on 2137 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez

See it should be a IHC.. I have one vacuum line, from the carb to the distributer..

I hate diesels! I had a Ford backhoe, everything was so damn expensive!! The injector pump went out - the Pump was $2,000!! and you had to spilt the tractor into two parts. I had to sell it cause I couldnt afford to fix it..
Diesels are expensive when they break. Farm equipment is the bane of my existence. And it being a Ford wasn't doing you any favors either.

I have an early 90s Toyota. Everything has a vacuum line going to it.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #11977
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3858 Times on 2137 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

At least your engine has an EGR; the genius at nissan who decided my lil fourbanger didn't need one, even with a rich mixture and a close-coupled pre-catalytic converter cost me some money for a header.
The EPA ruined my life...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

bigdaddy60 Likes This 
Old 06-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #11978

Liked 36 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 841

The EPA screwed up everything! Look at the new diesel engines in the trucks. DPF/DOC did nothing but decrease fuel economy and cost a lot of money to fix when it effs up. Come on now where's the since in that?

Old 06-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #11979

Liked 1241 Times on 890 Posts
Likes Given: 624

I see how this day is going . Got a customer jumping up and down for his boat . Got everything in and 99% ready to go . We did away with the oil injection and my tech went to go cut the old oil line but hit the main engine harness instead . Instead of telling me what he did he hoped it would not be noticed . So we are all standing there talking and BOOOOOOOOM WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA .
All 200 horses cranked up wide open with no one in or around the boat

No water , key is off , kill switch is off and its still red lined ! I unplug the main wires to the BRAND NEW 300.00 Power pack '' ignition system '' to kill it .
WE are all standing there with our mouths wide open going WTF WAS THAT ????
We honestly thought that damn boat was possessed like Shelbys boat on ax men .
Finally I saw the cut and came about .00000001 nano seconds from whipping my techs ass in front of the customer .
It also killed the new power pack and ruined the guys weekend .
The 750.00 fuel pump I ordered ........ NEXT DAY AIR for a new customer on his mastercraft also came in wrong .
Trying to get at least one guy out for the weekend right now , lets see how this debacle turns out .
My tech was sitting there on his ass while I was splicing the wires back together TEXTING which I can not stand anyway , I took his phone and chunked it out across the road into the woods and dared him to do anymore texting around me today , next time its going up his ass

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 06-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #11980

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
I see how this day is going . Got a customer jumping up and down for his boat . Got everything in and 99% ready to go . We did away with the oil injection and my tech went to go cut the old oil line but hit the main engine harness instead . Instead of telling me what he did he hoped it would not be noticed . So we are all standing there talking and BOOOOOOOOM WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA .
All 200 horses cranked up wide open with no one in or around the boat

No water , key is off , kill switch is off and its still red lined ! I unplug the main wires to the BRAND NEW 300.00 Power pack '' ignition system '' to kill it .
WE are all standing there with our mouths wide open going WTF WAS THAT ????
We honestly thought that damn boat was possessed like Shelbys boat on ax men .
Finally I saw the cut and came about .00000001 nano seconds from whipping my techs ass in front of the customer .
It also killed the new power pack and ruined the guys weekend .
The 750.00 fuel pump I ordered ........ NEXT DAY AIR for a new customer on his mastercraft also came in wrong .
Trying to get at least one guy out for the weekend right now , lets see how this debacle turns out .
My tech was sitting there on his ass while I was splicing the wires back together TEXTING which I can not stand anyway , I took his phone and chunked it out across the road into the woods and dared him to do anymore texting around me today , next time its going up his ass
Oh ho you put your boot up in Willies ass??? What are you gonna do? Shoot yourself we guess?????
Sorry mobile couldn't resist some Shelby on that one