Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1192
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #11911
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
I was talking about old lyme ct
My B,, wrong Norfolk.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #11912

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Back in the mid 1980s I got a call that one of my trucks was "Out of Service" at the scale at I 275 and I 74 and they requested that I come in person to pick it up.

When I got there I ask what the problem was and I was told that when the driver got out of the truck he ask the female DOT officer if she was just starting on the rag or if she had been on it for a few days!

If you are running less than 150 miles from home you are not required to have a log book but after his comments they were unwilling to believe he was running local and put him out of service for 10 hours.

I put him in my pickup and sent him home and I got in the truck and finished his route for the day.

I also let him know he had just had strike 1 and 2 and the next time I heard something like this from him he would be fired on the spot!

About 2 weeks later he turned the truck on its side going around a curve and slid it up in a front yard - - - some guys don't deserve a break!

Old 06-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #11913
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

(at W-O-C)
It's not like he asked her where her apron was or anything, c'mon.

I don't like seatbelt laws; i think people should be able to make that decision for themselves. If they choose poorly for their particular wreck, then they might not get further in the gene pool, reducing risk to the next generation. If we didn't protect people from their mistakes, i have to think we would eventually have a lot fewer mistakes, though possibly due to our own extinction.

I started wearing my seat belt regularly to hold my arse in place on the leather seats in the rustang i had for two months. My exploder seats where even slicker, so i kept wearing the belts for the seven years that POS annoyed me. Now, it is just a habit.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #11914

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
It's not like he asked her where her apron was or anything, c'mon.

I don't like seatbelt laws; i think people should be able to make that decision for themselves. If they choose poorly for their particular wreck, then they might not get further in the gene pool, reducing risk to the next generation. If we didn't protect people from their mistakes, i have to think we would eventually have a lot fewer mistakes, though possibly due to our own extinction.

I started wearing my seat belt regularly to hold my arse in place on the leather seats in the rustang i had for two months. My exploder seats where even slicker, so i kept wearing the belts for the seven years that POS annoyed me. Now, it is just a habit.
Although I DO believe seatbelts save lives,, I also completely agree that it shouldn't be a Law.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #11915
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc View Post
Although I DO believe seatbelts save lives,, I also completely agree that it shouldn't be a Law.
No doubt that most times, the seatbelt is the safe choice. Cute lil girl in my senior class got decapitated within days of graduation, T-tops + no seatbelt + driver may have been drinking was hauling arse.

I saw some teens riding in the bed of a pickup the other day; i did it all the time as a kid but not today for similar reasons. I remember in high school i saw this girl i knew who had just ruined a great set of legs with a pickup bed ejection, damn shame, and she knew it.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 06-14-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:39 PM   #11916
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default The other side of the fence........

No matter how you look at it, it can save lives and take lives, so when you roll the dice where do you put your money.........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

bigdaddy60 Likes This 
Old 06-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #11917

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
I had a top gun moment the other day on the bike when I saw 2 f22s buzzing over inline with the rd I was on .
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xluf64yFUYo
I envy you guys who get to see the 22's. When I lived in StL, we saw F15's ALL the time. Where I live now, it's F16's. Never F22's.

I work near the airport, and the F16 drivers, when they are flying low, we will wave like crazy at them and give them the "hammer down" motion and about every third time or so they'll blast the gas for a second or two. VERY cool.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #11918
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3763 Times on 2088 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

That is a good one. Eight tickets? Wow, you really pissed her off. Let me tell you, as a woman, we don't like it when we are not taken seriously while we are doing our job. I feel it is condescending to not treat me professionally when I'm at work. I think that female trooper might have felt the same way.
I agree with winds on this, I treat other people respectfully, I expect that in return.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #11919
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3763 Times on 2088 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667
Back in the mid 1980s I got a call that one of my trucks was "Out of Service" at the scale at I 275 and I 74 and they requested that I come in person to pick it up.

When I got there I ask what the problem was and I was told that when the driver got out of the truck he ask the female DOT officer if she was just starting on the rag or if she had been on it for a few days!

If you are running less than 150 miles from home you are not required to have a log book but after his comments they were unwilling to believe he was running local and put him out of service for 10 hours.

I put him in my pickup and sent him home and I got in the truck and finished his route for the day.

I also let him know he had just had strike 1 and 2 and the next time I heard something like this from him he would be fired on the spot!

About 2 weeks later he turned the truck on its side going around a curve and slid it up in a front yard - - - some guys don't deserve a break!
There has only been one time that I've been upset enough about something someone said to say something about it and it was a lot worse than that...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #11920

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
That is a good one. Eight tickets? Wow, you really pissed her off. Let me tell you, as a woman, we don't like it when we are not taken seriously while we are doing our job. I feel it is condescending to not treat me professionally when I'm at work. I think that female trooper might have felt the same way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I agree with winds on this, I treat other people respectfully, I expect that in return.
you gals may be right ... but she was hawt! nothing wrong with having a little fun in life

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD