Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1191
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #11901
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

You forgot the most important part... What was pulling it?
A Pete's where of course nothing but a Detroit/CAT has the power to pull an Abrams down the road.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #11902

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy60
As far as the seatbelts go, please wear them. I was in an accident that I didn't cause, the vehicle I was driving rolled, and as a result I was ejected. When the Tahoe stopped rolling it parked on my head. After over a year and 5 months in the hospital I'm still not back to normal. All that being said, please wear the seatbelts!
Im sorry for what happened, it sounds like you have been through alot. Unfortunately i have worked several of these same types of collisions, most people arent so lucky. Ive looked into peoples eyes as they take their last breath, its pretty rough. I pray for you to fully recover soon
Old 06-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #11903
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8761 Times on 5235 Posts
Likes Given: 11622

I was on my way to work one night when I rolled through a stop sign and a cop stopped me. He walked up to the car and said, "Didn't you see me sitting right there?" I said, "If I had seen you sitting right there I would have come to a complete stop." We both laughed and he let me go.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 06-14-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:09 PM   #11904

Liked 1323 Times on 951 Posts
Likes Given: 659

I got raked out for not telling the officer at the road block about the pistol in dash cup holder , when he asked why I did not tell him when he walked up , i told him i was too busy trying to get my seatbelt on , he did not laugh .

Who wants to call a customer for me and tell him his parts are going to be a day late ? AFTER I told him the past 2 days that they would be here ..... Apparently OLD LYME has a 3 pm cut off time vrs my normal hub in Norfolk with a 4 pm cut off . Fantastic ! Dang yankees

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 06-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #11905

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy60
As far as the seatbelts go, please wear them. I was in an accident that I didn't cause, the vehicle I was driving rolled, and as a result I was ejected. When the Tahoe stopped rolling it parked on my head. After over a year and 5 months in the hospital I'm still not back to normal. All that being said, please wear the seatbelts!
Your a lucky man, may not seem like it now but, your alive. Years ago a very dear friend of mine was thrown from a rollover caused by street racing. He was the only one not wearing a seatbelt. I was half second behind him and still have nightmares of seeing him thrown then crushed,,, we buried him less than a week later.

So I'm with you big,, wear your seatbelts,,, it saved the other 2 occupants of the car that day
People Like This 
Old 06-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #11906

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

. Apparently OLD LYME has a 3 pm cut off time vrs my normal hub in Norfolk with a 4 pm cut off . Fantastic ! Dang yankees[/QUOTE]

You do know that Virginia was the capital of the confederacy, which makes us southern technically.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #11907

Liked 118 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

In all my years on the local Sheriff's Dept I have never unbuckled a dead person!!!

I have been to several fatalities and none of them had a seat belt on. Yes there can be times when you might get lucky with out a seat belt but the odds are much better for you with one on.

I never allow any one in my control to ride a cycle without a helmet. I have over 100,000 miles on the bike I currently ride and I always ride with a helmet, much better on the ears if nothing else! I can always turn the intercom off and shut the wife up as well!

Old 06-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #11908

Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

i was stopped by a very attractive female NYS trooper years ago, when she asked my "do you know why I pulled you over" I replied "so you could get my number"

that did not go over well, apparently female troopers have no sense of humor after 12pm at night ... about 45 minutes and 8 tickets later I was on my way (gave me a full roadside inspection on my POS car)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 06-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #11909

Liked 1323 Times on 951 Posts
Likes Given: 659

I was talking about old lyme ct

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 06-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #11910
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8761 Times on 5235 Posts
Likes Given: 11622

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
i was stopped by a very attractive female NYS trooper years ago, when she asked my "do you know why I pulled you over" I replied "so you could get my number"

that did not go over well, apparently female troopers have no sense of humor after 12pm at night ... about 45 minutes and 8 tickets later I was on my way (gave me a full roadside inspection on my POS car)
That is a good one. Eight tickets? Wow, you really pissed her off. Let me tell you, as a woman, we don't like it when we are not taken seriously while we are doing our job. I feel it is condescending to not treat me professionally when I'm at work. I think that female trooper might have felt the same way.