Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #11131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 848 Times on 615 Posts
Likes Given: 480

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
When the bolt on an auto loader closes on your thumb it doesn't feel good.
Think that sucks ? Slam fire a sks with the palm of your hand and let it take the full recoil . Im sure If I look hard enough i can still see the checkered imprint .
If you know the sks you know you have to let it close kinda hard but scared to in fear of it firing . If you dont let it slam you have to push it the last 1/4 inch , well mine must have had the pin stuck a bit when i bumped it closed . Great guns , scary firing pins unless you spring load them , de-crown the bolt or just keep it clean
Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:15 PM   #11132
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 429 Times on 229 Posts

If you tried to count to 100 billion, without stopping to eat or sleep, you would need 800 years.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #11133
10-32

Liked 2910 Times on 1715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine

Think that sucks ? Slam fire a sks with the palm of your hand and let it take the full recoil . Im sure If I look hard enough i can still see the checkered imprint .
If you know the sks you know you have to let it close kinda hard but scared to in fear of it firing . If you dont let it slam you have to push it the last 1/4 inch , well mine must have had the pin stuck a bit when i bumped it closed . Great guns , scary firing pins unless you spring load them , de-crown the bolt or just keep it clean
Yeah I just picked one up. Made Damn sure to clean all the cosmoline out of the bolt. Still think I might pick up a spring loaded pin.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #11134

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13

Yeah it was an 1100. Stupid pre-coffee move. The guy had a cable lock fed through the receiver. I unlocked it,pulled the bolt back and grabbed the cable inside the receiver as I lifted the load gate to free the cable and....thunk...ouch!
Stupid move. Put the gun down and finished my coffee.
Damn! After that, I don't think I'd still NEED the coffee.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:50 PM   #11135
10-32

I live on coffee. Lol

Old 05-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #11136
Deader Bears=Better Bears

Liked 5617 Times on 3303 Posts
Likes Given: 4695

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
I live on coffee. Lol
Shhhh! The government will declare caffeine a "drug" and try to regulate it like they want to regulate sugar.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 05-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #11137
10-32

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

Shhhh! The government will declare caffeine a "drug" and try to regulate it like they want to regulate sugar.
Lol they probably know enough about me to know they wouldn't want to deal with me if they did.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #11138

I de-burred or de-crowned all my bolts at the firing pin . The thought of a sks running away terrifies the living *hit out me , most any other gun would be ok but a big open breech like that .

My little ruger will set one off before it chambers fully and it is no fun my amigo ....... no fun at all .

Cant wait till the wedding this weekend and I get to set off all of that contraband I got . Wish I had a way to set them off in the 37mm , that would add to the cool factor

Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #11139

Just gotta post this here vrs the joke thread , hehehe

Quote:
One day in the future, Barack Obama has a heart-attack and dies.
He immediately goes to hell, where the devil is waiting for him.
"I don't know what to do here," says the devil. "You are on my list, but I have no room for you. You definitely have to stay here, so I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I've got a couple of folks here who weren't quite as bad as you. I'll let one of them go, but you have to take their place. I'll even let YOU decide who leaves."
Obama thought that sounded pretty good, so the devil opened the door to the first room.
In it was Ted Kennedy and a large pool of water. Ted kept diving in, and surfacing, empty handed. Over, and over, and over he dived in and surfaced with nothing. Such was his fate in hell.
"No," Obama said. "I don't think so. I'm not a good swimmer, and I don't think I could do that all day long."
The devil led him to the door of the next room.
In it was Al Gore with a sledgehammer and a room full of rocks. All he did was swing that hammer, time after time after time.
"No, this is no good; I've got this problem with my shoulder. I would be in constant agony if all I could do was break rocks all day," commented Obama.
The devil opened a third door. Through it, Obama saw Bill Clinton, lying on the bed, his arms tied over his head, and his legs restrained in a spread-eagle pose. Bent over him was Monica Lewinsky, doing what she does best.
Obama looked at this in shocked disbelief, and finally said, "Yeah man, I can handle this."
The devil smiled and said .. . . . .
"OK, Monica, you're free to go."
orangello Likes This 
Old 05-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #11140
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 429 Times on 229 Posts

If all 6 billion people on earth counting the atoms in a single drop of water at the rate of 1/sec, it would take 20,000 years.