Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 08:44 PM   #1041
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 9,639
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
You know, I was watching Quantum last night & a question came up about Bond's drink in another thread and in both Casino Royale and Quantum he has:

3 parts quality Gin
1 Part Vodka
Shaken until ICE COLD
then served in a martini glass with a very thin strip of lemon.

I tried it. It's kind of harsh... LOL

I agree though - Bond needs a real gun. Ian Fleming LOVED Walther though - I have no idea why....
Yeah, caught that.

I think back in Casino Royale pre production, they were talking about having him confront his alcoholism.

Let's find this man a proper gun, and let us keep the last bastion of political incorrectness, James Bond.

Oh, I think they said there was a Vermouth substitute in there, which is why yours might have had paintstripping abilities.
__________________
Benning Boy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:54 PM   #1042
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
skullcrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio,Ohio
Posts: 10,949
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default

Is Walther the service pistol for MI6? Just wondering.

Why are there no comedy duos anymore? There were epic ones in the old days. They were old even when I was a little nard.

Weather is gettin' nice around here. I hope those citizens in the Dakotas stay safe, dry and warm.

__________________

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!
skullcrusher is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:55 PM   #1043
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post

Oh, I think they said there was a Vermouth substitute in there, which is why yours might have had paintstripping abilities.
You know what, you might be right come to think of it. I might have to watch that part again. After all, Bond has seven of them... They can't be THAT bad....

Okay, so for a Bond firearm, it needs to be in a European caliber and a European maker. He travels everywhere, but is rarely in the US.

Saville Row suits are very expensive and as his are hand tailored the weapon needs to be small enough to be concealed without bulging and without causing the suit coat to ride up or pattern when he has it buttoned.

Shoulder rig is out, even if they cut the jacket a size big, he will have the tell tale straps over the sholders due to the weight and the tie down to keep it from flapping.

I see why they went with the Walther, so far it's fitting the model....
__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:55 PM   #1044
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 9,639
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default

Not to be a Pepsi drinker, but what celebrity/ fighter/ icon has a body suited to survive a zombie holocaust?

I'm thinking an Ahnuld body wouldn't cut it, big but slow and high maintenance, and neither would a triathlete, not enough fat to make it to the next food supply.

What say you guys?

__________________
Benning Boy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:57 PM   #1045
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Two thoughts leap to mind:

Chuck Liddell. He still has body fat, but hits like a freight train and is easily capable of taking a head off with one of his limbs.

Tony Jaa. The guy is an ANIMAL and since he's small in nature, he doesn't require much food to sustain his size.....

__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:02 PM   #1046
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 9,639
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
You know what, you might be right come to think of it. I might have to watch that part again. After all, Bond has seven of them... They can't be THAT bad....

Okay, so for a Bond firearm, it needs to be in a European caliber and a European maker. He travels everywhere, but is rarely in the US.

Saville Row suits are very expensive and as his are hand tailored the weapon needs to be small enough to be concealed without bulging and without causing the suit coat to ride up or pattern when he has it buttoned.

Shoulder rig is out, even if they cut the jacket a size big, he will have the tell tale straps over the sholders due to the weight and the tie down to keep it from flapping.

I see why they went with the Walther, so far it's fitting the model....
Kina Lillet. Haven't heard of it, just know it is not Vermouth. Large, thin slice of lemon. See, it has to be a LARGE, thin slice.

Yeah, probably have to settle for 9mm, it's available everywhere.
__________________
Benning Boy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:04 PM   #1047
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 9,639
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Two thoughts leap to mind:

Chuck Liddell. He still has body fat, but hits like a freight train and is easily capable of taking a head off with one of his limbs.

Tony Jaa. The guy is an ANIMAL and since he's small in nature, he doesn't require much food to sustain his size.....
Iceman does seem the logical choice. Enough size, reach, cardio, and enough gut to sustain.
__________________
Benning Boy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:09 PM   #1048
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
skullcrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio,Ohio
Posts: 10,949
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default

I'm thinkin Anderson Silva. He's able to do well with weight gain and loss. His metabolism may be too fast, though. In any case, a very slow metabolism or very high, not the best for a survival lean period.

__________________

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!
skullcrusher is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:25 PM   #1049
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jesse17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,471
Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Got a bunch of snow last night. Well, not a bunch, only a few inches but the winds drifted it up 3-4 feet in places.

Made it down the driveway this morning, but didn't make it back up this afternoon. Now my truck is sitting against a railroad tie/fence post on the side of my driveway.

Well, time to go get the tractor out. Darn, this is the first time I've gotten a truck stuck in 5 or 6 years. I guess I was due.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmszbi View Post
"Be polite to everyone you meet but have a plan to kill them".
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000
Jesse17 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:31 PM   #1050
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 9,639
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default

When does the snow stop/ spring actually begin out there?

__________________
Benning Boy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM



Newest Threads