Random Thoughts Thread - Page 1002
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #10011
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8150 Times on 4875 Posts
Likes Given: 10512

I mentioned to a co-worker today my daughter's boyfriend bought his first gun, a Beretta 92F chambered in 9 mm. My co-worker said, "I wouldn't be happy to know my daughter's boyfriend just bought a gun." My reply, "I don't think he's going to shoot her." Not to mention she knows I have guns. Does she think I'm going to shoot my kids or their friends? Sheesh.

Anyway, this young man has been to the range a lot and rented guns to shoot. I took him to the range once and let him shoot my guns until he was tired. We had a great time. He has not shot my P238 yet and now I get to shoot his new gun.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 04-20-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #10012
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I mentioned to a co-worker today my daughter's boyfriend bought his first gun, a Beretta 92F chambered in 9 mm. My co-worker said, "I wouldn't be happy to know my daughter's boyfriend just bought a gun." My reply, "I don't think he's going to shoot her." Not to mention she knows I have guns. Does she think I'm going to shoot my kids or their friends? Sheesh.
I'd be happy to know that. Responsible young man + gun = safe daughter.

That, and I'd make sure that he knew that if he ever did anything to harm her, he'd never hear or see it coming.

I think what goes through an anti gun liberal's mind is that people can not be trusted, especially when they are upset about something. They think that if someone owns a gun, and they get mad, that they'll shoot someone. You can thank the media for creating that lie.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #10013

Liked 2409 Times on 1502 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Boat needs new wheels, it'll shake ya right outta bed.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #10014

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

Usually I get, you're really just something else aren't you? Still trying to decide if that's a compliment... Yes I ride a bike, a kx250, just a dirt bike for now. One day I will have a CBR and the next I will probably be dead. I'm really smart but I think my IQ drops about 20 points when I get near a bike....
Please, take it as a compliment. Beautiful, smart (know that from your posts), you work on trucks for a living....yeah, you'll get nothing but compliments from me.

And I feel the same way about a sport bike. I tell my friends all the time "it would only take about a week, then I'll get brave and do something stupid again." (I think my next bike is going to be a Huffy. Maybe a Mongoose )

Old 04-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #10015

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Yesterday I was waiting at the walmart sporting goods counter for some service, like always. Another customer and I struck up a conversation about ammo prices. Then he said Obama is putting a 10~ 15% tax on top of what is already there. I told him that I have not heard of that. Told him about this forum and that I am confident that some hell raising would be going on in the threads if it were true.

I feel like I am more informed with better information for being on this forum. I would like to thank everyone on here for the contribution of thought and facts.

Now what about this tax obama has put on ammo! Mad! :-):-:-)

NEVER FORGET

Old 04-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #10016
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8150 Times on 4875 Posts
Likes Given: 10512

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I'd be happy to know that. Responsible young man + gun = safe daughter.

That, and I'd make sure that he knew that if he ever did anything to harm her, he'd never hear or see it coming.

I think what goes through an anti gun liberal's mind is that people can not be trusted, especially when they are upset about something. They think that if someone owns a gun, and they get mad, that they'll shoot someone. You can thank the media for creating that lie.

This man is a very good man. Believe me, I'm tough when I need to be. My daughter 'dated' a guy who hit her and was very abusive. His name for me was "F'ing B". We were in court monthly at the least. My daughter was afraid to leave him for fear of a beating or worse. It was a looong, tough fight but I haven't seen this ass in a couple years.

Oh, and I'd be sure he'd 'see it coming' because I'd torture him before I finished him off.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #10017

Liked 1259 Times on 903 Posts
Likes Given: 627

Buddie came home to 3 black dudes robbing him ... again . He whips out the 357 snubby and proceeds to unload , missing them but got one at GP till the boys in blue got there . Kinda good he missed since they were retreating . Also in a crowded neighborhood , wont be surprised if some homeowners find some mystery holes this weekend

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 04-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #10018
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1213 Times on 793 Posts
Likes Given: 770

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Yesterday I was waiting at the walmart sporting goods counter for some service, like always. Another customer and I struck up a conversation about ammo prices. Then he said Obama is putting a 10~ 15% tax on top of what is already there. I told him that I have not heard of that. Told him about this forum and that I am confident that some hell raising would be going on in the threads if it were true.

I feel like I am more informed with better information for being on this forum. I would like to thank everyone on here for the contribution of thought and facts.

Now what about this tax obama has put on ammo! Mad! :-):-:-)
i heard rumor of 8%. but again nothing solid
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #10019

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

If today goes as planned this'll be the first time my mom dad and my sister and I all go shooting together I found that lucky spot where they're both off work today is going to be fun :-)

Old 04-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #10020
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
This man is a very good man.

That's good, we need more good people with guns. They make the world a slightly safer place.

Believe me, I'm tough when I need to be. My daughter 'dated' a guy who hit her and was very abusive. His name for me was "F'ing B". We were in court monthly at the least. My daughter was afraid to leave him for fear of a beating or worse. It was a looong, tough fight but I haven't seen this ass in a couple years.

That's horrible, I'm glad he is no longer around.

Oh, and I'd be sure he'd 'see it coming' because I'd torture him before I finished him off.