Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Questions Thread........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #931
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 326 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

I am a whore for range brass. I spend as much time stealing from the buckets as I can get away with. The pain in the ass is the cigarette butts, steel cases and the dirt that gets swept up with the good stuff. I really need to make it easier on myself. I don't mind getting a bunch of brass that I don't reload because I can either keep it for when I get a gun in that caliber (like .308) or put it in my recycle bucket and get paid for it. Either way I am good. I am so cheap I even collect my rimfire cases to recycle!

The worst thing is the cigarette butts though. They stink up my reloading shed.
M the same way. Every time I go I check for .243 and 9mm brass. I keep the .243 stuff and give the 9mm brass to a friend of mine since he can't go all to often. I think that's actually where a good portion of mine has come from. Haha I've only actually boughten brass once and it was a 50 piece box of Hornady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez

Doesnt matter now...
My AC went out, so the money I saved for the Garand is going towards that.. (...and Im gonna finish my "gun room" )

Im gonna have to go with buying the supplys too...
I really do enjoy doing everything else in reloading, its getting to the point where I dont know if I like making ammo or shooting it better...

As for weighing the charges, get a powder throw... Im so use to weighing all my charges, now that I have a throw, it feels like im cheating!!
I was thinking about getting one. But I didn't want to spend the money on one and not like reloading. I've got a cheap one that came with my kit so I can usually throw .3 grains with in where I want.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #932
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7337 Times on 4253 Posts
Likes Given: 9451

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
M the same way. Every time I go I check for .243 and 9mm brass. I keep the .243 stuff and give the 9mm brass to a friend of mine since he can't go all to often. I think that's actually where a good portion of mine has come from. Haha I've only actually boughten brass once and it was a 50 piece box of Hornady.
Quote:

The range I goto is a private club, so some of them get pissy when I scrounge brass (if they see me) but I don't care. I am trying to figure out how I can mine the lead from the backstop area! That would be worthwhile to me and to them, plus, being where we are in CA the neighbors are always complaining and have recently started attacking from the environmental impact angle because of all the lead and clays going downstream (the range is on the very top of a ridge). Just doing my part!
I was thinking about getting one. But I didn't want to spend the money on one and not like reloading. I've got a cheap one that came with my kit so I can usually throw .3 grains with in where I want.
I have been thinking of getting one as well, but I would never consider price when shopping for one. Performance is all I give a rip about.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #933

Liked 617 Times on 414 Posts
Likes Given: 580

I have a old Ohas, its super accurate and it does small and large cases with out changing drums...

Old 09-23-2012, 11:11 PM   #934

Liked 326 Times on 208 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

I have been thinking of getting one as well, but I would never consider price when shopping for one. Performance is all I give a rip about.
I'll most likely pick one up soon, I just diet want to spend the $XXX.99 on a fancy powder through and then turn around saying "reloading is no something I like."

Old 09-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #935
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6117 Times on 3706 Posts
Likes Given: 6927

Random question......

Why do people walk past several shopping carts in the parking lot at a store only to take a cart once they get inside?

Old 09-24-2012, 12:10 AM   #936
Be Here Now
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
Random question......

Why do people walk past several shopping carts in the parking lot at a store only to take a cart once they get inside?
Laziness and lack of caring.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:14 AM   #937
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6117 Times on 3706 Posts
Likes Given: 6927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
I always bring one in from the parking lot. Even if I'm not going to use one. I had a son who pushed carts for a grocery store for a while. Miserable work.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #938

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl

They are not thinking properly. How many times have you grabbed a basket that is by itself away from the nested ones only to find out it is hard to push or has a bad wheel. That's why it is abandoned.

Now then, the ones that made all the way to the parking lot surely must be very functional. They have gone thru the store under load and been successful in their mission. I get mine from the lot. Sometimes I offer to take the fresh empty ones from a shopper who is looking for the return spot. I ask if it was a good basket. Like they would tell me if it weren't. Maybe ??

NEVER FORGET

Old 09-24-2012, 12:23 AM   #939
Be Here Now
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth

They are not thinking properly. How many times have you grabbed a basket that is by itself away from the nested ones only to find out it is hard to push or has a bad wheel. That's why it is abandoned.

Now then, the ones that made all the way to the parking lot surely must be very functional. They have gone thru the store under load and been successful in their mission. I get mine from the lot. Sometimes I offer to take the fresh empty ones from a shopper who is looking for the return spot. I ask if it was a good basket. Like they would tell me if it weren't. Maybe ??
I take them from shoppers to so they don't have to worry about it. What agitates me most is when people leave the cart right next to cars and they end up rolling all over.

To Winds; I can see where being the cart person would not be fun, especially in bad weather.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:25 AM   #940

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Random question...how have Nicki Minaj or Lil' Wayne benefitted society?