Random Questions Thread........ - Page 93
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Questions Thread........


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 02:01 AM   #921
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kaido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 1,764
Liked 361 Times on 232 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Was goin to make a new thread for this, but figured I'd see how it goes here first.

What do you guys think is the biggest pain in the rear or most time consuming part about reloading your own ammunition?

To me it's got to be weighing out the powder.
kaido is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:06 AM   #922
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tacticalfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,224
Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido
Was goin to make a new thread for this, but figured I'd see how it goes here first.

What do you guys think is the biggest pain in the rear or most time consuming part about reloading your own ammunition?

To me it's got to be weighing out the powder.
Buying supplies.
tacticalfun is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:19 AM   #923
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jjfuller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: a place between here and there.
Posts: 4,657
Liked 1254 Times on 813 Posts
Likes Given: 792

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido
Was goin to make a new thread for this, but figured I'd see how it goes here first.

What do you guys think is the biggest pain in the rear or most time consuming part about reloading your own ammunition?

To me it's got to be weighing out the powder.
Sizing and trimming
__________________
I have been a silent witness
to all of America's finest hours.
But my finest hour comes
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
jjfuller1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:24 AM   #924
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9082 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Found my IHC M1! Dont know if I should get it though.. Most of the parts are Springfield, but has the IHC receiver, LMR barrel in awesome condition, and DRC rear sights...

The place wants $1000 for it, Should I get it???.. I kinda wish it had more IHC parts, and I never spent that much for a gun before so im a little nervous.. Should I just be happy I found one??
I would offer them $800 and see what they say. No harm in asking.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:26 AM   #925
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9082 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
Was goin to make a new thread for this, but figured I'd see how it goes here first.

What do you guys think is the biggest pain in the rear or most time consuming part about reloading your own ammunition?

To me it's got to be weighing out the powder.
Collecting/sorting brass.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:33 AM   #926
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kaido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 1,764
Liked 361 Times on 232 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalfun

Buying supplies.
I son know why I never thought of that one. Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1

Sizing and trimming
I some what agree with you here. But I think it's because I don't have my trimmer attached to my bench yet so it's pain to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Collecting/sorting brass.
I don't really mind that part. But I also only reload of my 770 (bolt action), so it's fairly simple to cellect my brass.
kaido is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #927
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9082 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
I don't really mind that part. But I also only reload of my 770 (bolt action), so it's fairly simple to cellect my brass.
I am a whore for range brass. I spend as much time stealing from the buckets as I can get away with. The pain in the ass is the cigarette butts, steel cases and the dirt that gets swept up with the good stuff. I really need to make it easier on myself. I don't mind getting a bunch of brass that I don't reload because I can either keep it for when I get a gun in that caliber (like .308) or put it in my recycle bucket and get paid for it. Either way I am good. I am so cheap I even collect my rimfire cases to recycle!

The worst thing is the cigarette butts though. They stink up my reloading shed.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #928
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I am a whore for range brass. I spend as much time stealing from the buckets as I can get away with. The pain in the ass is the cigarette butts, steel cases and the dirt that gets swept up with the good stuff. I really need to make it easier on myself. I don't mind getting a bunch of brass that I don't reload because I can either keep it for when I get a gun in that caliber (like .308) or put it in my recycle bucket and get paid for it. Either way I am good. I am so cheap I even collect my rimfire cases to recycle!

The worst thing is the cigarette butts though. They stink up my reloading shed.
I'm a whore for range brass too. I have a TON of 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP, and I don't even have a gun in those calibers (yet)

I have to actually walk around and pick mine up though. My local range is a redneck range, so no one picks up their casings. You should see how much steel 5.56, 7.62x54R, and 7.62x39 is laying around. The ground forward of the shooting benches is mostly covered in rusty shells.

I'm usually the only person there, so I spend about an hour going over the entire shooting area looking around for brass each time I go.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:15 PM   #929
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 3-P
Posts: 3,899
Liked 927 Times on 590 Posts
Likes Given: 1041

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I would offer them $800 and see what they say. No harm in asking.
Doesnt matter now...
My AC went out, so the money I saved for the Garand is going towards that.. (...and Im gonna finish my "gun room" )

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
Was goin to make a new thread for this, but figured I'd see how it goes here first.

What do you guys think is the biggest pain in the rear or most time consuming part about reloading your own ammunition?

To me it's got to be weighing out the powder.
Im gonna have to go with buying the supplys too...
I really do enjoy doing everything else in reloading, its getting to the point where I dont know if I like making ammo or shooting it better...

As for weighing the charges, get a powder throw... Im so use to weighing all my charges, now that I have a throw, it feels like im cheating!!
__________________
Quote:
...... I suffer from a very rare genetic defect that causes me to be sympathetic toward the International cause. There is no cure.

Last edited by Trez; 09-22-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Trez is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #930
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kycol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,506
Liked 245 Times on 180 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

I'm a whore for range brass too. I have a TON of 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP, and I don't even have a gun in those calibers (yet)

I have to actually walk around and pick mine up though. My local range is a redneck range, so no one picks up their casings. You should see how much steel 5.56, 7.62x54R, and 7.62x39 is laying around. The ground forward of the shooting benches is mostly covered in rusty shells.

I'm usually the only person there, so I spend about an hour going over the entire shooting area looking around for brass each time I go.
You need a brass magnet.
kycol is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Random Thoughts Thread Dillinger The Club House 39359 Yesterday 02:26 PM
Random Creepy Things Thread. Shihan The Club House 114 06-02-2010 08:17 PM
two random questions about my newest greatest tool waxman895 1911 Forum 29 03-20-2010 06:01 PM
Random question Ubergopher General Rifle Discussion 9 03-11-2010 12:34 AM



Newest Threads