Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Questions Thread........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 07:16 AM   #711
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 11

So, I was partially right on the "hammer" aspect....the rest of the reasoning to be called a 1911 is the "look" basically. If that's correct, then I appreciated all the responses. I knew it was a tired and age-old question that gets sick of being answered, but as mentioned in my INTRODUCTION post, I due to work and financial/economy reasons I have been out of the loop for 15+ years and am finally able to get back into firearms, shooting and upgrading/adding to my collection. Lots of rust from over the years and TONS of knew terminology that I am trying to catch up on. That's why I signed up for this forum and have searched all the great stuff here. Thanks again !!!!!

You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You might not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home the first two things you're going to do are: 1) Call someone with a gun. 2) Pray they get there in time. - Unknown

Old 07-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #712

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwb8568
So, I was partially right on the "hammer" aspect....the rest of the reasoning to be called a 1911 is the "look" basically. If that's correct, then I appreciated all the responses. I knew it was a tired and age-old question that gets sick of being answered, but as mentioned in my INTRODUCTION post, I due to work and financial/economy reasons I have been out of the loop for 15+ years and am finally able to get back into firearms, shooting and upgrading/adding to my collection. Lots of rust from over the years and TONS of knew terminology that I am trying to catch up on. That's why I signed up for this forum and have searched all the great stuff here. Thanks again !!!!!
Your welcome mon ami

Old 07-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #713
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 700 Times on 456 Posts
Likes Given: 1925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Different shapes and dimensions. Prime example is buffer bushings-colt will fit in para but a para is just a LITTLE bit to big OD.
Makes sense, learn something new every day. Thanks for the info.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR

Old 07-05-2012, 07:20 AM   #714

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988

Makes sense, learn something new every day. Thanks for the info.
Your welcome. Para takes pride in that fact and a few other things they do that is unique to them.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:49 AM   #715
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6679 Times on 4039 Posts
Likes Given: 7944

I have been wondering what the different generations of Glock are. Is it newer versions?

Old 07-16-2012, 03:32 AM   #716

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
I have been wondering what the different generations of Glock are. Is it newer versions?
Yup. Gen 4s are newer than threes, etc. Usually the new gen means major changes.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 07-18-2012, 02:34 AM   #717

Liked 344 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Stupid question, but first some back ground to understand it.

I work out at a feed lot (basically a farm for those who don't know) and on the way I pass a spot on the gravel road that's being worked on and paved. To my surprise a girl I went to high school with has a job with the crew. Not to sure what she does, but she's in her car her full shift or least every time I see her.

I was making a run back into town around three and was also going to be grabbing Tim Hortons (think Canadian Star Bucks), I seen her sitting in the same spot as she was at 7:00am. I was thinking about pulling over and seeing if she wanted anything since she was the only one on her crew I know.

Here's the question, would you guys call that flirting/hitting on her if I would of done that or just being nice?

PS: I said screw it. Didn't want her or other to think I was flirting with her. Used to get in enough trouble in school for making girls laugh with out thinking about it.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:31 AM   #718
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2901 Times on 1621 Posts
Likes Given: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido

I work out at a feed lot (basically a farm for those who don't know) and on the way I pass a spot on the gravel road that's being worked on and paved. To my surprise a girl I went to high school with has a job with the crew. Not to sure what she does, but she's in her car her full shift or least every time I see her.

I was making a run back into town around three and was also going to be grabbing Tim Hortons (think Canadian Star Bucks), I seen her sitting in the same spot as she was at 7:00am. I was thinking about pulling over and seeing if she wanted anything since she was the only one on her crew I know.

Here's the question, would you guys call that flirting/hitting on her if I would of done that or just being nice?

PS: I said screw it. Didn't want her or other to think I was flirting with her. Used to get in enough trouble in school for making girls laugh with out thinking about it.
She probably would have thought you were flirting...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:37 AM   #719

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido

It depends, do you intend on it to be flirting?

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 07-18-2012, 03:44 AM   #720
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6679 Times on 4039 Posts
Likes Given: 7944

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
She probably would have thought you were flirting...
Depends on your point of view. I would not have viewed it as flirting. I would have thought what a very kind thing to do and I would have been impressed at your random act of kindness. On the other hand, I don't think I'd recognize flirting if it smacked me in the face.