Random Questions Thread........ - Page 63
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Questions Thread........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #621
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5737 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Does this mean I can shoot the traffic??
The only thing the frog has to shoot with is his tongue; i would not want to try that on a moving vehicle.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #622

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

The only thing the frog has to shoot with is his tongue; i would not want to try that on a moving vehicle.
Ah but I'm no frog the reason I ask this question is because I just recently broke up w my fiancée of 3 years 4 months and 6 days. I have thought bout that question forvawhile but it took earlier today when my little cousin got her heart broken by her bf of 8 years to make me truelly realize just how much this happens in the world.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #623
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Eight years is too long; if you haven't hog tied them by 5 years, pass or get used to sharing.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #624

Quote:
Eight years is too long; if you haven't hog tied them by 5 years, pass or get used to sharing.
Hard to do that when your in high school though. They were supposed to get married in bout 2 ½ weeks but she came home and found him in bed w one of our other cousins.......who's 12. The cheating part makes me mad but abbies age is the part that makes me so mad.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #625
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Hard to do that when your in high school though. They were supposed to get married in bout 2 ½ weeks but she came home and found him in bed w one of our other cousins.......who's 12. The cheating part makes me mad but abbies age is the part that makes me so mad.
She might just need to have his ass beat all the way to arkansas on that one.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:48 AM   #626

Quote:

She might just need to have his ass beat all the way to arkansas on that one.
That's what big cousins are for I had a nice.........sit down talk w him. It ended w me sitting in the middle of his back w his right leg locked in a half walls of Jericho and an ankle lock combination

Old 06-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #627
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8171 Times on 4885 Posts
Likes Given: 10540

Could someone explain the difference between 'larceny', 'theft' and "robbery'?

How about 'murder in the 1st degree', 'murder in the 2nd degree', etc.

Old 06-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #628
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9951 Times on 4287 Posts
Likes Given: 1573

Larceny is a theft- it is an "unlawful taking" with the intent to "permanently deprive the owner thereof". Robbery is an unlawful taking by force or threat of violence- the taking is by placing the owner in fear. Your house would not be "robbed" while no one was home. Iy would be burglarized- unlawful entry with intent to commit a crime therein.

Murder 1 is unlawful killing of a human by another with malice aforethought- I planned to do the deed. Murder 2 is unlawful killing with no prior planning- typically heat of passion- I walked in, there they were in bed. I picked up the lamp and bludgeoned them. Broke the lava lamp.

Manslaughter (not to be confused with man's laughter) is a death that occurs when they was no INTENT to kill. May have been in mutual combat, or a result of a grossly negligent act.

Now, to round out Criminal Law 101- above can vary depending on state law. There is also "Felony Murder"- a death that occurs aas he result of committing a felony. You and your bud break in a man's house (that is the felony) and the man shoots your bud, your bud dies. YOU will be charged with murder. You and your bud hold up the liquor store. Customer in store has heart attack and dies. Felony murder.

Mens Rea (also called scienter) and Actus Rea All crimes have two elements- that you had the mental INTENT to commit an illegal act (mens rea) and that you DID do the act (actus rea). Against the law in Chicago to indecent expose body. Getting off bus, skirt caught in door, skirt removed when bus pulls away. You did not INTEND to indecently expose tushie, even tho you did (film at 11)

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Last edited by c3shooter; 06-09-2012 at 12:03 PM.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 06-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #629
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8171 Times on 4885 Posts
Likes Given: 10540

Darn, C3. You do know everything, don't you?

Old 06-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #630
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

First degree murder is usually premeditated, while second degree murder is either murder that was not premeditated, or murder that was the result of obvious lack of concern for human life. There is also voluntary manslaughter which is murder that happens in the "heat of the moment"

Example 1: Tom keeps spreading rumors about Bill. Bill gets pissed off and start making plans to kill him. Bill convinced Tom to meet him at the lake for some late night fishing. Tom is found washed up on shore a week later. Bill is eventually caught, tried, and sentenced to life in prison for premeditated murder (1st degree).

Example 2: Tom and Bill get in a very heated argument. The next day, Bill and Tom accidentally meet up again, but this time Bill kills Tom. Since the murder was not planned, Bill is serving a 20 to life sentence for 2nd degree murder.

Example 3: Tom and Bill are in an extremely heated argument. In a moment of pure anger, Bill hits Tom over the head with a lamp. Tom dies. Bill ends up serving 10 years for voluntary manslaughter since the crime happened in the "heat of the moment".

EDIT: Oop, c3 beat me to it. I guess I took too long.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 06-09-2012 at 12:22 PM.