Random Questions Thread........ - Page 46
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Questions Thread........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 01:27 AM   #451
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 346 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I know it would take a butt load of them to get a decent pay out, but have any of you guys thiught of collecting your spent .22/.17HMR cases and then selling them as scraps?

I know in Canada scrap yellow brass is selling at $1.70/LB, but if you shoot enough and have a good way of catching the little buggers would you bother?

Old 04-27-2012, 01:59 AM   #452

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido
I know it would take a butt load of them to get a decent pay out, but have any of you guys thiught of collecting your spent .22/.17HMR cases and then selling them as scraps?

I know in Canada scrap yellow brass is selling at $1.70/LB, but if you shoot enough and have a good way of catching the little buggers would you bother?
Ya I save mine

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 04-27-2012, 02:15 AM   #453

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Ya I save mine

That's a bit of a surprise. I didn't think anyone did that at all. I've had the thought a couple of time but I never really looked into it until today when a friend said that he's thought about doing the same thing.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:27 AM   #454

Quote:

That's a bit of a surprise. I didn't think anyone did that at all. I've had the thought a couple of time but I never really looked into it until today when a friend said that he's thought about doing the same thing.
Iv done it for bout 4 years now. My mentor got me into it. I only do it w my bolt actions and my lever actions usually. If I'm in a shooting Booth it makes it real easy-shop vac

Old 04-27-2012, 02:39 AM   #455

Quote:

Iv done it for bout 4 years now. My mentor got me into it. I only do it w my bolt actions and my lever actions usually. If I'm in a shooting Booth it makes it real easy-shop vac

Haha I'd love to be able to take a shop vac to my range......I think it's get mostly dirt though. There's no indoor ranges around me that I'm aware of.
I don't even think there's any formal ranges closer then two and a half hours other then the one we have on the military base.

I'm actually thinking of emptying out the brass box at the range I normal use since there's at least two pounds or so of spent .22/ .17HMRs in there. As far as collecting them right from the rifles, I've got a semi-auto and a bolt action, girlfriend has a bolt action, so we usually end up with a lot of spent casing all over the ground. Been thinking of finding a good way to catch/pick them up.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:42 AM   #456

Liked 3858 Times on 1863 Posts
Likes Given: 701

You've got a girlfriend. You already have a great way if picking them up!

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 04-27-2012, 02:44 AM   #457

Quote:

Haha I'd love to be able to take a shop vac to my range......I think it's get mostly dirt though. There's no indoor ranges around me that I'm aware of.
I don't even think there's any formal ranges closer then two and a half hours other then the one we have on the military base.

I'm actually thinking of emptying out the brass box at the range I normal use since there's at least two pounds or so of spent .22/ .17HMRs in there. As far as collecting them right from the rifles, I've got a semi-auto and a bolt action, girlfriend has a bolt action, so we usually end up with a lot of spent casing all over the ground. Been thinking of finding a good way to catch/pick them up.
My mentors got a the booths. My uncle has a shooting hut and if I'm target practicing in the field my truck bed catches em the bolt is an easy fix-dont throw the bolt wo tipping it to where it ejects into a container like a box or bucket. Semi is just a matter of policing your brass carefully.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:45 AM   #458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
+10

Old 04-27-2012, 03:34 AM   #459

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:

I pick mine up. Every little bit adds up.

Everybody needs a little Devastation!

Old 04-27-2012, 03:40 AM   #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
Now that's just harsh.....but she does tickle me to get out of giving back massages most the time.

Quote:

My mentors got a the booths. My uncle has a shooting hut and if I'm target practicing in the field my truck bed catches em the bolt is an easy fix-dont throw the bolt wo tipping it to where it ejects into a container like a box or bucket. Semi is just a matter of policing your brass carefully.

See, that's another reason for me to sell my car and buy a truck. I wouldn have to worry as much about picking up my brass.....nor would I have to walk down to the range or into a field when going to bag some gophers.
That's usually what I do with the bolt actions when I'm shooting, except with my hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan89

I pick mine up. Every little bit adds up.
I might start. There's a good number of people who leave their .22/.17HMR cases laying around. It's just the fact of finding it in the thinker patches of.....grass?