Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Questions Thread........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #391
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez

Somebody here in Tucson is selling a "bring-back" SKS... I think there asking $450 for it

Ever try a Marlin 39A? Thats the .22 Lever gun I want
The 39A is an awesome little rifle. Mine out shoots just about any 22 Iv ever put it up against so far.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 04-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #392

Liked 671 Times on 447 Posts
Likes Given: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
The 39A is an awesome little rifle. Mine out shoots just about any 22 Iv ever put it up against so far.

A friend of mine has one, and its one of the most accurate .22's ive seen, despite it being a take-down lever action...

Old 04-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez
A friend of mine has one, and its one of the most accurate .22's ive seen, despite it being a take-down lever action...
Mine isn't quite a true take down anymore. I've put a couple pins in it to make it more secure.

Old 04-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #394
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6635 Times on 4014 Posts
Likes Given: 7875

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Somebody here in Tucson is selling a "bring-back" SKS... I think there asking $450 for it

Ever try a Marlin 39A? Thats the .22 Lever gun I want
Do you know what condition it's in? Is there a link to the gun for me to look at it? What would make the Marlin 39A a better choice then the Henry Lever Repeater? Help me here. Remember, I know nothing about rifles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Mine isn't quite a true take down anymore. I've put a couple pins in it to make it more secure.
I have no idea what a "take down" rifle is. A knowledgeable friend suggested a Henry Lever Repeater and I looked at it, liked the way it felt and fit. The only other .22 rifles I looked at were youth model bolt actions. It's hard for me to find one small enough for me to hold correctly.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 04-21-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Old 04-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #395
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
Survival of the fittist, Or as Rachel Ray would say Extra Virgin olive oil.........
Wills, you are one strange man. Evoo is Extra Virgin Olive Oil. There is not a single person here who posts more interesting and thought provoking posts than yours. Keep up the good work.

By the way, what's for dinner tonight?

Old 04-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #396

Liked 47 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Do you know what condition it's in? Is there a link to the gun for me to look at it? What would make the Marlin 39A a better choice then the Henry Lever Repeater? Help me here. Remember, I know nothing about rifles.

I have no idea what a "take down" rifle is. A knowledgeable friend suggested a Henry Lever Repeater and I looked at it, liked the way it felt and fit. The only other .22 rifles I looked at were youth model bolt actions. It's hard for me to find one small enough for me to hold correctly.
Rifles are a lot like pistols, Winds. I personally prefer a Henry because of its history, and that they have stayed true to the octagon barrels all this time. Remember, it was said that you could load it on Sunday and shoot it all week.
If you found what is comfortable to you, I'd buy that and have fun.
As for the SK? You want to paint the stock pink, then you paint the stock pink. It's your rifle once you buy it.
Put little flowers on it if you want.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #397

Liked 671 Times on 447 Posts
Likes Given: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

A take down rifle is one that separates into 2 parts..

When it comes to lever guns, I just like the Marlins a little better.. But try both and get the one YOU like...

Heres the link for the SKS... What are bring back SKS's worth?
http://www.armslist.com/posts/242454/arizona-rifles-for-sale-trade--non-import-marked-type-56-1966-dated-sks

Old 04-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #398
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
Rifles are a lot like pistols, Winds. I personally prefer a Henry because of its history, and that they have stayed true to the octagon barrels all this time. Remember, it was said that you could load it on Sunday and shoot it all week.
If you found what is comfortable to you, I'd buy that and have fun.
As for the SK? You want to paint the stock pink, then you paint the stock pink. It's your rifle once you buy it.
Put little flowers on it if you want.
There is no way EVER I would deface an SKS by painting it pink. Any other rifle, maybe, but not an SKS. It is a 'man's gun' in my eyes and will remain that way.......if I ever get the chance to buy one.

Quote:
A take down rifle is one that separates into 2 parts..

When it comes to lever guns, I just like the Marlins a little better.. But try both and get the one YOU like...

Heres the link for the SKS... What are bring back SKS's worth?
http://www.armslist.com/posts/242454/arizona-rifles-for-sale-trade--non-import-marked-type-56-1966-dated-sks
Okay, I've shot and cleaned my Dad's bolt action rifle. Bear showed me there was a screw that holds the barrel onto the stock and if I just undo that one screw, the barrel comes off. Is that what you all mean by a 'take down' rifle? My Dad didn't know that about his gun and when I showed him that he thought I was a gun goddess. LOL

As far as the cost of a 'bring back' SKS, I was just told they are very pricey. I don't know exactly what price range the person meant by that. Or maybe he simply meant a 'bring back' SKS is more pricey than a newer replica SKS? I never thought to ask.

I would like to own and someday will own an SKS. But if I am spending money on a gun in the next few weeks, it'll be on that Henry Lever. I wish I could afford two guns at once but that ain't happenin' in my world.

Old 04-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #399
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
I just looked at this link and my heart skipped a beat. *cry* I want that gun soooo bad!! But I wonder what the 'working parts' of it are like. I was instructed what to look for in the bore, etc.

Old 04-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #400

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

A take down rifle is a rifle that is ment to be taken down into 2 or more pieces very easily. What makes it a better rifle isn't really much. Just a personal choice in whether or not you want a solid steel reciever or not. The Marlin might be to long for you winds.