Random Questions Thread........ - Page 313
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Questions Thread........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #3121
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7663 Times on 4605 Posts
Likes Given: 9576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
In my experience they do everything they can to not issue grants that have been applied for. Bastards hand out free money to people who won't get up off their couch and get a job, but someone who had been working most their life and playing taxes can't get a little help with tuition because, get this, I had a job and made $250 over the required amount to get a grant. I'm not annoyed by this at all by the way.
I feel the same about being denied any help when my husband moved out and left me with three small children. I needed help for about three years but never got any. Now I'm working and paying into the system that wouldn't help me when I needed it.
People Like This 
Old 09-19-2013, 12:58 AM   #3122
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21988 Times on 12398 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I feel the same about being denied any help when my husband moved out and left me with three small children. I needed help for about three years but never got any. Now I'm working and paying into the system that wouldn't help me when I needed it.
and they take money from you to give to lazy deadbeats who by all rights could and should be supporting themselves.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:54 AM   #3123
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 357 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Thinking about trading off my Mossberg 590 since I'm nit as big a fan of shot guns as I though I'd be. Looking into a .22 centre fire for rodents and the like......kinda curious as to what you guys would trade for one of these? Reason I'm asking is it'd give an idea as to what I could look forward to getting as offers and help decide.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #3124
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 559 Times on 336 Posts
Likes Given: 232

Is it weird to have dreams every now and then where my life is threatened and I need a gun, only to not have one or it doesn't work? Or in one case my shotgun shot at such a slow velocity that the shot just bounced off people like it was rubber balls.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 10-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #3125

Liked 2553 Times on 1656 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
Thinking about trading off my Mossberg 590 since I'm nit as big a fan of shot guns as I though I'd be. Looking into a .22 centre fire for rodents and the like......kinda curious as to what you guys would trade for one of these? Reason I'm asking is it'd give an idea as to what I could look forward to getting as offers and help decide.
Everyone needs a shotgun. It's just too versatile to not have one. Save up for your varmit rifle, imo. Just don't use the same ammo Fa35 is using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
Is it weird to have dreams every now and then where my life is threatened and I need a gun, only to not have one or it doesn't work? Or in one case my shotgun shot at such a slow velocity that the shot just bounced off people like it was rubber balls.
I've had similar dreams. Clean two and check em out for function, you'll feel better in the morning.

Feral cat waterboarder

People Like This 
Old 10-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #3126
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 559 Times on 336 Posts
Likes Given: 232

I had a dream two nights ago where I came home and found my front door open and I did not have my CC gun on me. I saw someone moving inside and I just hoped he didn't find any of my guns but then he threw me a pump shotgun which had a 45 degree offset stock. (it was weird). I then tried to shoot the intruder who was challenging me but it wouldn't fire so I then had to cycle the action and really push it forward before it worked right.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 10-14-2013, 11:20 PM   #3127
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8713 Times on 5037 Posts
Likes Given: 11328

Quote:
Keep the shotty if you can afford to.

I wouldn't go with a .22 centerfire, but look at the .17 Hornet.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/25LVT/

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:33 AM   #3128
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 357 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
Keep the shotty if you can afford to. I wouldn't go with a .22 centerfire, but look at the .17 Hornet. http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/25LVT/

I'm not really hurting for cash or anything, but I also don't have $780.xx to put on a varmint rig either. Haha
In all honesty, it's also partly the recoil that I'm not a fan of. I like going out and shooting all day and with a 12g I'm not really able to do that. I'm also more into the long range shooting and figure since I'm still new to that part of things, a small bore at 300-400 yards would would be a good place to start. I also just got rid of a .17 rifle, though it was a rimfire. Not really stuck on a .22 though, would also get a .308 since I've shot a couple of those and don't mind the recoil.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:55 AM   #3129

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Keep the shotty if you can afford to.

I wouldn't go with a .22 centerfire, but look at the .17 Hornet.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/25LVT/
Just curious, what advantage does the 17 hornet have over the old 22 hornet besides a little more velocity? The .22 hornet was a sweet round. Virtually no recoil, beyond accurate (IIRC, it once held a world record for accuracy at 100 yards. I think this was in the 60s), not too loud, and has a decent amount of take down power for the type of game you would hunt with it. I think the effective range cuts out around 200-300 yards though.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 10-15-2013 at 07:04 AM.
orangello Likes This 
Old 10-15-2013, 07:00 AM   #3130

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
I'm not really hurting for cash or anything, but I also don't have $780.xx to put on a varmint rig either. Haha
In all honesty, it's also partly the recoil that I'm not a fan of. I like going out and shooting all day and with a 12g I'm not really able to do that. I'm also more into the long range shooting and figure since I'm still new to that part of things, a small bore at 300-400 yards would would be a good place to start. I also just got rid of a .17 rifle, though it was a rimfire. Not really stuck on a .22 though, would also get a .308 since I've shot a couple of those and don't mind the recoil.
300-400 yards? .222, .223, .220 Swift, .22-250, .243, .25-06, 6.5x55 Swede, .308, ect. are good rounds for that range depending on what your going to be shooting at.