Random Questions Thread........ - Page 279
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Questions Thread........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #2781
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21580 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigs-n-fixture View Post
We had three "good" dogs, from three separate homes, pack up while they were running free and kill five lambs. All three were put down.
as i said before sometimes they have a pack mentality. do things that by themselves they would never do.

Old 06-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #2782
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7092 Times on 4269 Posts
Likes Given: 8604

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
My mom is moving up from Texas with my little brother. They have a "protective" German Shepard. Told her to keep him locked up when my wife and daughter visit. Otherwise I will kill the dog. If anyone gets bit, no chances, no excuses. Dead dog. Period. Ill either shoot it or break its neck, but it won't hurt anyone anymore.
I fully agree. My child was bit in the face by "a good dog". I think people who don't or won't lock their dogs in another room upon request are very rude hosts. I would never put a visitor in danger or force my dogs upon non-dog loving people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
On the other hand, a buddy of mine had a dog that tried his luck at killing chickens. Dog killed one hen and brought it home. The dead hen was tied firmly around the dog's neck so it was between the front legs (one place that dogs can't really get to on their own bodies). Left it there for a couple weeks until it started to rot. That dog wouldn't go near a chicken for anything after that. You could try to feed it a piece of roasted chicken and it would tuck tail, cower and slink away in fear.
My sister did that to one of her own dogs that killed her chickens. Yes, it worked.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #2783

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

If I were to remove the disconnect, would my 1911 be full auto, a run away, or just break?

Before anyone chimes in, this is only academic. I won't be doing it.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:09 PM   #2784
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
If I were to remove the disconnect, would my 1911 be full auto, a run away, or just break?

Before anyone chimes in, this is only academic. I won't be doing it.
My answer would be yes...

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 06-01-2013, 11:15 PM   #2785

Liked 87 Times on 57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I think people who don't or won't lock their dogs in another room upon request are very rude hosts. I would never put a visitor in danger or force my dogs upon non-dog loving people.
I think, that if someone is coming to visit my house, they should know I have dogs that stay inside and it is their home and if they don't like it, they know where the door is or they could just stay home to begin with. My dogs are the first thing that meets me when I walk thru the door, even before my wife, and no matter how bad my day has been they are always glad to see me.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:56 AM   #2786
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8842 Times on 3828 Posts
Likes Given: 1368

Trip- Yes, yes, and most likely.

First time the hammer drops it fires. Hammer will go forward with the slide when it cycles- you are not fast enuff to get OFF the trigger. Hammer MAY or MAY NOT have enuff force to bust the cap- but if it does, cycle repeats. Likely you will shoot self about round 4 or 5 due to recoil turning pistol back towards you.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 06-02-2013, 01:02 AM   #2787

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

There was an incident in NYC where the arresting officers didn't pat the guy down well enough. He had a .45 set to fire full-auto only. He shot through the back of the front seat and got away.

Old 06-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #2788

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Trip- Yes, yes, and most likely. Likely you will shoot self about round 4 or 5 due to recoil turning pistol back towards you.
That last part there...

besides the legal implications, I'd be afraid of damage to self and gun.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #2789
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8271 Times on 4780 Posts
Likes Given: 10693

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastrebel70 View Post
I think, that if someone is coming to visit my house, they should know I have dogs that stay inside and it is their home and if they don't like it, they know where the door is or they could just stay home to begin with. My dogs are the first thing that meets me when I walk thru the door, even before my wife, and no matter how bad my day has been they are always glad to see me.
And that would make you a rude host IMO. I frequently will put the dogs in another room when I have visitors (with one of the dogs it is a requirement as she gets really upset and nervous which makes her potentially dangerous not only to herself but to our guests). Several years ago when my elderly grandmother who dearly enjoyed animals was visiting one of the dogs was getting her loving by grandma and she put her paw up on grandma's arm to say 'More! More!". Grandma's skin was so fragile that it tore open a 3-inch long gash. After we patched her up the dogs were put in the other room unless one of us could be immediately attending the two of them together. It was the only thing we could do.

Some children will freak dogs out, or are freaked out by dogs (which causes dogs to freak out). That is a recipe for disaster.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 06-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #2790
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7092 Times on 4269 Posts
Likes Given: 8604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
And that would make you a rude host IMO. I frequently will put the dogs in another room when I have visitors (with one of the dogs it is a requirement as she gets really upset and nervous which makes her potentially dangerous not only to herself but to our guests). Several years ago when my elderly grandmother who dearly enjoyed animals was visiting one of the dogs was getting her loving by grandma and she put her paw up on grandma's arm to say 'More! More!". Grandma's skin was so fragile that it tore open a 3-inch long gash. After we patched her up the dogs were put in the other room unless one of us could be immediately attending the two of them together. It was the only thing we could do.

Some children will freak dogs out, or are freaked out by dogs (which causes dogs to freak out). That is a recipe for disaster.
I agree. I love my dogs but it doesn't hurt them one bit to be put away when company who doesn't tolerate dogs well comes to visit. It is much better than an 'accident' happening and the dog being labeled as a biter, not that my dogs would bite. But one never knows. Also, I don't want to lose friendships because of my dogs.
Vikingdad Likes This