Random Questions Thread........ - Page 278
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Questions Thread........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 03:09 AM   #2771
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2730 Times on 1778 Posts

I've seen the sobs three times this week. Caliber and weapon are already selected. A dog attacked a jogger in Lima, oh a couple weeks ago and effed him good. I don't want that to happen to my kid. A girl in my girls class has permanent scarrs on her face from a dog.

I would like to say they dodged some black cat bottle rockets yesterday, but its illegal for me to set off fireworks in Ohio.

If my idiot dog ran off my property and got shot I'd be pizzed, but its legal so that would be the end of it. It would break my girls heart to lose that dog, they are best friends. I don't wanna do that to someone else, so I'm gonna give them a second chance with the dog warden.
Their batting average is getting too low to strike out...

Old 05-31-2013, 03:17 AM   #2772
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2788 Times on 1691 Posts
Likes Given: 2821

Go for the dog warden. If that falls through, you might give him a mulligan and trap the damn dog yourself. Turn the trapped dog over to the dog warden. If that doesn't work, there's always a shovel...
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:39 AM   #2773

Random question: anyone wanna let me borrow a dog trap?

Old 05-31-2013, 04:50 AM   #2774
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8447 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 11003

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Random question: anyone wanna let me borrow a dog trap?
The biggest live trap I have is raccoon sized.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:40 AM   #2775

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

The biggest live trap I have is raccoon sized.
Me too.

I'm not going to trap it, I got enough to do already.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:54 AM   #2776

Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

My mom is moving up from Texas with my little brother. They have a "protective" German Shepard. Told her to keep him locked up when my wife and daughter visit. Otherwise I will kill the dog. If anyone gets bit, no chances, no excuses. Dead dog. Period. Ill either shoot it or break its neck, but it won't hurt anyone anymore.

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:22 PM   #2777
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9080 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

There were several dogs that were pets around here that would form up into packs while the owners were at work during the day, and the ones that were let to roam at night would do so then. Calls to animal control did nothing. These dogs were considered to be "good dogs" by their owners by virtue of the fact that they were always home when the owners got off work and when they left for work in the morning. people would complain, both directly to the owners and to animal control. The only way to address their behavior was to kill them while they were in the pack and attacking someone's goats, chickens or what have you.

Shoot, shovel and shut up. I figure a chicken in possession would warrant a dead dog.

On the other hand, a buddy of mine had a dog that tried his luck at killing chickens. Dog killed one hen and brought it home. The dead hen was tied firmly around the dog's neck so it was between the front legs (one place that dogs can't really get to on their own bodies). Left it there for a couple weeks until it started to rot. That dog wouldn't go near a chicken for anything after that. You could try to feed it a piece of roasted chicken and it would tuck tail, cower and slink away in fear.
People Like This 
Old 05-31-2013, 06:07 PM   #2778
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 321 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 144

This issue was played out in Mass, I think, courts w a sweet Golden who was a loving pet but just couldn't resist the next door neighbors chickens.

The owners tried tying him up, and reimbursing all expenses (to be "good neighbors") but the seet dog ended up on death row.

Someone put the whole thing on YouTube etc and the whole nation went to bat for the dog. Dog was released from death row.

PS: I don't think this story had a Happy Ending. Dog just had a fatal attraction to yard bird...Reminded me of my Beagle whenever we had Fried Chicken.

PS2: lots of research on human beings acting completely out of character when part of a "mob" and I could certainly see a dog letting his instincts go in a pack environment. Amazing how the pack w break to be home in time for their Masters - Loyalty to whom - Pack vs Master.

Great study - I've read about abandoned dogs who formed a pack to survive. Safety in numbers and increase in survival capabilities.

Last edited by Gonzilla; 05-31-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:33 PM   #2779
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

When I see wandering dogs, I always remember the primary rule for hunting on the property I hunted on in college, "on that property, any dog without a collar should be shot on sight if". The locals kept ID collars on their hunting dogs and pets. There was a real problem in the area with feral dogs attacking livestock (not many rabbits left either).

Old 06-01-2013, 03:12 AM   #2780
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 283 Times on 180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

the type of dogs i'm talking about are like feral hogs. domestic dogs gone back to wild. pets are generally very different, because they tend to interact with people on daily basis. feral dogs don't.

in most cases and with very few exceptions, i don't believe there are bad dogs, but bad owners who don't care for their dogs responsibily.
We had three "good" dogs, from three separate homes, pack up while they were running free and kill five lambs. All three were put down.