Random Questions Thread........ - Page 277
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Questions Thread........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 02:30 AM   #2761
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3972 Times on 2200 Posts
Likes Given: 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
the type of dogs i'm talking about are like feral hogs. domestic dogs gone back to wild. pets are generally very different, because they tend to interact with people on daily basis. feral dogs don't.

in most cases and with very few exceptions, i don't believe there are bad dogs, but bad owners who don't care for their dogs responsibily.
I know I have a good dog and I have taught him and treat him well. I've seen him just sit and not do anything when my little niece takes a toy or something from him but on the other hand I've also seen him chase my neighbors, who tease him, out of my driveway barking.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

People Like This 
Old 05-31-2013, 02:33 AM   #2762
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22109 Times on 12429 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I know I have a good dog and I have taught him and treat him well. I've seen him just sit and not do anything when my little niece takes a toy or something from him but on the other hand I've also seen him chase my neighbors, who tease him, out of my driveway barking.
nothing wrong with your dog. he sounds normal to me!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:33 AM   #2763

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

I found a pretty good quantity of rifle brass. The only problem is that it was sitting in a small creek for the better part of a year. The stuff is a very dark blue-black. Could I tumble it up and use it, or would I just be wasting my time?

Old 05-31-2013, 02:34 AM   #2764
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
nothing wrong with your dog. he sounds normal to me!
He has some serious ADD and selective hearing. but I love him.

People Like This 
Old 05-31-2013, 02:38 AM   #2765
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22109 Times on 12429 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
He has some serious ADD and selective hearing. but I love him.
Cinder, i have few like that! like i said, sounds like he's normal to me!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:45 AM   #2766
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2616 Times on 1589 Posts
Likes Given: 2688

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Two dogs escape my neighbors yard on a regular basis. I have left a note, unanimously, in his mailbox telling him to keep his dogs at home. That worked for several weeks. Mrs primer saw them carrying a dead chicken, which would have come a mile from where they live, I'm over half a mile from there. I shot some fireworks at them this morning to scare them off. One is friendly, the other runs like hell at first sight of me (good instincts!)

Question: should I be a d%$# and call the dog warden on them? I don't want to take chances with my kid, or someone else's kid while at my house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Primer, those sound like dogs roaming free. I enjoy roaming free. Don't you?
If they seem safe and are not damaging your property, let them be free.
Stray dogs that kill and bring home a dead chicken (who's chicken was it before they killed it?) do not sound like safe, not damaging, dogs. If I had kids in the neighborhood, I'd be running those dogs off when I saw them. If I saw them several times I'd be after animal control. Or, if they turned out to be useless, then I'd consider trapping them for the animal control guy. Or just shoot, shovel and shut up...

Just my opinion.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

dango Likes This 
Old 05-31-2013, 02:51 AM   #2767
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford101 View Post
I found a pretty good quantity of rifle brass. The only problem is that it was sitting in a small creek for the better part of a year. The stuff is a very dark blue-black. Could I tumble it up and use it, or would I just be wasting my time?
I don't know much about reloading but I do know a little about metal and that doesn't sound like it would be very safe, it won't be as strong as it used to be... That's all I know.

People Like This 
Old 05-31-2013, 02:52 AM   #2768
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2616 Times on 1589 Posts
Likes Given: 2688

Quote:
I don't know much about reloading but I do know a little about metal and that doesn't sound like it would be very safe, it won't be as strong as it used to be... That's all I know.
Agreed. Brass that has a little discoloration is one thing, but submerged brass that is blue has changed chemically. Chances are very low that it has sufficient strength to withstand the firing of the powder.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

People Like This 
Old 05-31-2013, 03:18 AM   #2769
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3859 Times on 2150 Posts
Likes Given: 20170

Sweetness , friend and Luke..kuuuuf , haaaaaaauh..I'm your faaaatheer..! Eek..!

Old 05-31-2013, 04:08 AM   #2770

Liked 176 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 165

I was at the gym today and some jacka** decided he's too tough to put his heavy ass 125# dumbbells back on the rack and leave them on one of the 3 benches leaving only 2 for the rest of us scrawny folks. I was almost done for the day but I needed a bench and the only one left was the one weighted down. So I got the first one back no problem but the second one slipped as I was putting it back but I braced myself on the wall with my left arm. I pulled it back up but when it slipped I heard and felt a nice loud pop in my shoulder that was on the wall, anything I should be careful about? It's a little tender if I hold it in certain positions but other than that it's fine.

We must always fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most... And that is the indifference of good men!