Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Questions Thread........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 05:15 AM   #2701
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19817 Times on 11251 Posts
Likes Given: 49935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
Oh my god! I cant believe you think my sense of humor is failing! I'm so disillusioned right now.
not yours silly! other peoples!

Old 05-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #2702
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1671 Times on 1018 Posts
Likes Given: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Yes, and a civil engineer at that.
Actually, my son is the civil engineer. I'm mechanical, but I do try to BE civil (most of the time!)

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

People Like This 
Old 05-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #2703

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
Why do women think men are so helpless..? Hmmmmmm..?

I can't have a baby , Hmmmm..! .....I'm thinking.....hmm....well , well tell you what , I'm gonning to try to get pregnant ..! ok then then , I seem to be in need of a fertile lady......Hmmmm..? A little help here..?

Dango ......mother , father , cook , clean , sew , hmmm.? Not very good of cuticles , hmmmm.? Pregnant ,so be it ..!
I have this theory. Men are born pregnant. It's why we seem to grow around the middle all our lives.

No, seriously. Look at the book of Genesis. The guys kept getting older and older. Then Enoch was about to deliver prematurely and God took him. After that, men started dying younger 'cause God didn't want to take the chance. Look it up!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 05-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #2704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Why do men think women are so helpless? :P
Pretty sure no one thinks that of you Cinder!

Balota

Old 05-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #2705
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Actually, my son is the civil engineer. I'm mechanical, but I do try to BE civil (most of the time!)
I'm working on a degree in mechanical (and possibly aerospace) engineering. What type of work do you do?

Old 05-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #2706

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post

I'm working on a degree in mechanical (and possibly aerospace) engineering. What type of work do you do?
I design flare systems for refineries & petrochemical plants. Been doing that for 32 yrs now.

Balota

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 05-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #2707
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6743 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
have you ever noticed that people who have a failing sense of humor also seem to lack a personality or the ability to interact with other people.
Yes....................

Old 05-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #2708
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
I design flare systems for refineries & petrochemical plants. Been doing that for 32 yrs now.
Random question for you. How much calculus do you actually use? Just wondering, because I'm having a hard time seeing how I could even use it. I know it's useful for some physics, but is it really better than just doing physics the regular way?

I plan on designing stuff for aircraft (Bell, Martin Lockheed, and I think even Boeing all have facilities in DFW), or maybe even getting into firearm design (my dream job)

Old 05-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #2709

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Random question for you. How much calculus do you actually use? Just wondering, because I'm having a hard time seeing how I could even use it. I know it's useful for some physics, but is it really better than just doing physics the regular way?

I plan on designing stuff for aircraft (Bell, Martin Lockheed, and I think even Boeing all have facilities in DFW), or maybe even getting into firearm design (my dream job)
Going on my limited experience I found Calculus to be a convenient short cut to doing Algebra in working out Economic and Finance models. Same may apply to Engineering where using integral or differential formulation cuts the steps required to solve the same problem using Algebra. YMMV

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 05-27-2013, 10:24 PM   #2710

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Tex, I too have one of various pedegrees in engineering. Although alot of engineers do alot of asst'd things a real engineer WILL need a working knowledge, and an instinct, for non-linear function and change mathematics. Just note that some people find it harder than comprehending an elementary US Civil War history book, so...

Last edited by HockaLouis; 05-27-2013 at 10:43 PM.