Random Questions Thread........ - Page 235
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Questions Thread........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 08:22 PM   #2341
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7092 Times on 4269 Posts
Likes Given: 8602

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
WOC, you aren't paranoid enough; the feds probably already HAVE your prints and are WATCHING you.

I feel the same on the prints, but I will get over it this year and get a permit, so I can carry outside of my car.
I'm sure I'll get over it, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazul42 View Post
My question is what do labs do with all the extra blood they have let over from various tests that doctors have ordered for their patients??????? A conspiracy theorist could bend your ear a long time on that one.
We pull the clots out of it and pool them all together to make more donor units for the blood bank.

Seriously, depending on what tests are requested, the remaining specimen that isn't actually used in the testing is held for a number of days (3-7) in case there is a question about the result. After being held the proper number of days, the extra specimens are disposed of as 'medical waste'.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:38 AM   #2342
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

I've been enjoying some fruit juices lastely. Particularly V-8 fusion juices. I want to add a little carbonation to it. So, I was at the store and there is Seltzer Water, which is just carbonated water. Then there is Tonic Water and Club Soda. I see there are some other ingredients added into those but they are basically tasteless, too, right? Which would I use to add a little carbonation to my fruit juices? And what are each of these different "sparkling waters" used for? I would imagine they have some specific purposes but I have no idea what they are.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:25 AM   #2343

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf
Why does McAfee Site Adviser pop up a box saying this site has been flagged for "weapons"?

WHAT KIND OF COMMIE B******T IS THAT?
That's ironic...didn't he shoot his business partner.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 05-01-2013, 03:17 AM   #2344
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8270 Times on 4779 Posts
Likes Given: 10693

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I've been enjoying some fruit juices lastely. Particularly V-8 fusion juices. I want to add a little carbonation to it. So, I was at the store and there is Seltzer Water, which is just carbonated water. Then there is Tonic Water and Club Soda. I see there are some other ingredients added into those but they are basically tasteless, too, right? Which would I use to add a little carbonation to my fruit juices? And what are each of these different "sparkling waters" used for? I would imagine they have some specific purposes but I have no idea what they are.
Some of those sparkling waters have sodium added. Check for that. You can make your own sparkling water by adding CO2 gas- that's all that is really needed. I think that's all those carbonation kits do. http://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2012-06/how-make-your-own-home-carbonation-system

Straight tap water and compressed CO2. Viola!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:30 AM   #2345
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 950 Times on 567 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
This brought forth a question I've been wondering about. Those of you who have CC permits.............did you have any reservations about being fingerprinted and put 'in the system' like that? To date, I have avoided being fingerprinted. Many health care workers are fingerprinted and put in a registry. So far, I have avoided it. If it is demanded of me at my job, I would do it. So far, no one's said a thing to me.

I am hesitant to get fingerprinted should I ever get the chance to apply for a conceal carry permit.

What's everyone's feelings on this? Am I just paranoid?
Dot got mine for my hazmat license so I am already in the system. That is my only time in the system though.

One of the reasons I have not gotten my cc permit is that I can't get it out of my head that it will turn into a backdoor form of registration.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:39 AM   #2346

Liked 2458 Times on 1594 Posts

V8 fusion + 7up + rum = yum

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 05-01-2013, 04:41 AM   #2347
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3257 Times on 1806 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
V8 fusion + 7up + rum = yum
Well everything is good if you put rum in it...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:46 AM   #2348
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Some of those sparkling waters have sodium added. Check for that. You can make your own sparkling water by adding CO2 gas- that's all that is really needed. I think that's all those carbonation kits do. http://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2012-06/how-make-your-own-home-carbonation-system

Straight tap water and compressed CO2. Viola!
I just don't happen to have any CO2 sitting around.

Quote:
Okay, all you smart alecks. Can someone please just answer what I would put in my fruit juice to make it carbonated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
One of the reasons I have not gotten my cc permit is that I can't get it out of my head that it will turn into a backdoor form of registration.
I wonder about that, too. But I already have a FOID card so even though my fingerprints aren't in any system, it is known I have firearms.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:31 AM   #2349
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1538

Quote:
I just don't happen to have any CO2 sitting around.

Okay, all you smart alecks. Can someone please just answer what I would put in my fruit juice to make it carbonated?

I wonder about that, too. But I already have a FOID card so even though my fingerprints aren't in any system, it is known I have firearms.
You could use ginger ale but it will add a bit of a different taste to your drink, seltzer water is probably your best bet for not adding any taste to your drink.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 05-01-2013, 05:43 AM   #2350

Liked 2458 Times on 1594 Posts

Winds: if you like 7up like the fusions, you will love them together.

Feral cat waterboarder