Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Questions Thread........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #2311
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20840 Times on 11848 Posts
Likes Given: 52360

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Sooo........you think I can do this myself? I'm so excited to be getting a lap top and I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to set it up to use it. I can ask one of my kids to come help me but I am impatient and want it done NOW!! Just ask my Dad. When Balota came to visit my Dad told him stories of me doing things on my own I shouldn't do when I get tired of waiting for someone to come help me. Ah, yes.........the 'famous' garbage disposal story. It happened about 20 years ago and my Dad still tells it. And there's there's cutting down the 3 trees with a gas powered chain saw.............. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do when no one wants to help.
Winds, if you have a desk top computer like i do and a laptop, leave the desk top hooked directly to the modem and go from the modem to the wireless router for the laptop.

all you should need is a wireless router.available at WalMart, Office Depot or many other places. most come with pretty easy to understand instructions and are not that hard to hook up. if i can hook one up, you should have no problems either.
Balota Likes This 
Old 04-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #2312

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Sure. Just pay attention to those instructions. I recommend reading them all the way through at least once before starting.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:42 PM   #2313
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 940 Times on 560 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Winds you will be fine, read the directions first then follow them. The computer will do most of the work. And if I could do it you can easily!!

Old 04-28-2013, 10:43 PM   #2314
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1748 Times on 1064 Posts
Likes Given: 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I'm not tech savvy myself, but I can read very well. The directions on stuff like that has always seen me through quite reliably.

Go ahead and try it yourself with the directions. The great news is, if you manage to mess it up, it's nothing that can't be fixed. Oh, and, secure it with a password. You can set it up so that your computer remembers the pass, but anyone else would have to ask you for it, at least the first time.
Agreed. My router is both wired and wireless. We use the wired connections for our at home computers for the better speed (games like Everquest and World of Warcraft need it). But I use the wireless when I have to bring my work laptop home. You definitely want to secure any WiFi router so that your neighbors can't run up a bill that looks like it originated with your router.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 04-28-2013, 10:45 PM   #2315
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1748 Times on 1064 Posts
Likes Given: 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Sooo........you think I can do this myself? I'm so excited to be getting a lap top and I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to set it up to use it. I can ask one of my kids to come help me but I am impatient and want it done NOW!! Just ask my Dad. When Balota came to visit my Dad told him stories of me doing things on my own I shouldn't do when I get tired of waiting for someone to come help me. Ah, yes.........the 'famous' garbage disposal story. It happened about 20 years ago and my Dad still tells it. And there's there's cutting down the 3 trees with a gas powered chain saw.............. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do when no one wants to help.
Winds + Chainsaw = SCARY!!! But there are no rotating blades on the (computer) router...

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #2316
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20840 Times on 11848 Posts
Likes Given: 52360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Winds + Chainsaw = SCARY!!! But there are no rotating blades on the (computer) router...
now you're starting to scare me!

Old 04-28-2013, 11:02 PM   #2317
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

[wonders about a remote-directed usb-powered mini-chainsaw for my desk...]

Well i'll be darned! http://www.usbchainsaw.com/ I think i'm bout to scare some coworkers. [wonders if there is also a usb-powered hockey mask or leatherface-mask]

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 04-28-2013 at 11:16 PM.
People Like This 
Old 04-28-2013, 11:31 PM   #2318

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

Well i'll be darned! http://www.usbchainsaw.com/ I think i'm bout to scare some coworkers. [wonders if there is also a usb-powered hockey mask or leatherface-mask]
You have got to be kidding me!

Old 04-28-2013, 11:36 PM   #2319

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Does Djilas, who is himself a writer, not know what human suffering and the human heart are? Can't he understand it if a soldier who has crossed thousands of kilometers through blood and fire and death has fun with a woman or takes some trifle?

Old 04-28-2013, 11:51 PM   #2320
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 538 Times on 328 Posts
Likes Given: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

Now I have seen it all

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"