Random Questions Thread........ - Page 230
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Questions Thread........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 04:46 AM   #2291
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8285 Times on 4788 Posts
Likes Given: 10716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Awkward!!! Duck and move is the standard response to an accurately aimed blow. Since there isn't a valid answer to your question, she had to avoid it. The coward!

Fully agree that, at some point, an unjust law is no law at all. Discretion may be necessary but retreat may not be an option. Someday we will realize the truth of the notion: Moderation in all things ... including moderation!
I can foresee where people like me will simply ignore the laws because they have become so oppressive, as a means of peaceful resistance. Not taking up arms against the oppressors, but refusing to relinquish them.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 04-24-2013, 05:08 AM   #2292
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2466 Times on 1601 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

I can foresee where people like me will simply ignore the laws because they have become so oppressive, as a means of peaceful resistance. Not taking up arms against the oppressors, but refusing to relinquish them.
We could be very close to this. We were a couple weeks ago.

Feral cat waterboarder

Balota Likes This 
Old 04-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #2293
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8885 Times on 3847 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

Lesson from the Mahatma.

No, I won't.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 04-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #2294

Unfortunately ( or probably as expected) when I asked the question I was not allowed to follow up. There were many statements she made that I would have disputed had I been given the opportunity. But it was a fixed game, so at least I got the question in. I bet they take me off the phone list for the next time they do this.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 04-27-2013, 04:42 AM   #2295

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Why is it that California politicians feel it is necessary to punish law abiding firearms owners for the crimes committed by a small number of gravely mentally ill individuals and how can you reconcile the possibility that many firearms owners such as myself will simply no longer make any effort to comply with these increasingly Draconian infringements on our rights?

This is the question I just asked Anna Eshoo in a telephone Town Hall Meeting. She did not answer my question, instead she just obfuscated and dodged. As expected.
I think they genuinely believe the BS that comes out of their mouths. I think that the 3rd grader logic of their arguments is actually as far as they ever have or ever will think the position through. Its a culturally ingrained belief that guns are bad, government is good and prohibition works.
These politicians have been steeped in anti-gun rhetoric just the same as any religious person is steeped in their faith. The belief that guns are the problem is held as being exempt from reason or critical thought. Its dogma, brother, pure and simple and the same as religious extremists see it just to legislate their scripture, gun grabbers see it just to legislate away our individual liberty.

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 04-27-2013, 04:46 AM   #2296
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

why question things and think for yourself when someone else will do it for you, telling you it's for your own good. sad really.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:02 AM   #2297

What on earth does my ex do with my son's clothes?
My 8 year old has 2 different sets of clothes: school clothes and grubbies. I feel like I have to buy him a whole new "school" wardrobe every 2 months. Now, I know where the clothes go from my house. He goes to his mom's 2-3 weekends a month and every exchange Friday I send him to school in good clothes, every exchange Sunday I throw away the ratty crap she sends him back in that either: a) haven't fit in 2 years, or b) won't fit for another 4 years. I get that all the good outfits (like all his backpacks and paperwork ) go to her house and never come back. I understand that. What I don't get is this: WTF is she doing with all those clothes?! He's only there 6 days a month, tops. In the six months she must have accumulated roughly 25 shirts and 15 pairs of pants. What is she doing with them? Is this the other side of the mysterious laundry wormhole? Maybe you don't actually lose clothes to the dryer, maybe you EXCHANGE your clothes for crap you don't recognize. Is she providing these random garments to the Laundry Gnome Cartel? Is this how she keeps affording concert tickets and tattoos without a job? If so, how does the Laundry Gnome Cartel turn clandestine underwear swaps into cash? Are the Gnomes in cahoots with the Zetas? How deep does this go?

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

People Like This 
Old 04-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #2298
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1539

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle View Post
My 8 year old has 2 different sets of clothes: school clothes and grubbies. I feel like I have to buy him a whole new "school" wardrobe every 2 months. Now, I know where the clothes go from my house. He goes to his mom's 2-3 weekends a month and every exchange Friday I send him to school in good clothes, every exchange Sunday I throw away the ratty crap she sends him back in that either: a) haven't fit in 2 years, or b) won't fit for another 4 years. I get that all the good outfits (like all his backpacks and paperwork ) go to her house and never come back. I understand that. What I don't get is this: WTF is she doing with all those clothes?! He's only there 6 days a month, tops. In the six months she must have accumulated roughly 25 shirts and 15 pairs of pants. What is she doing with them? Is this the other side of the mysterious laundry wormhole? Maybe you don't actually lose clothes to the dryer, maybe you EXCHANGE your clothes for crap you don't recognize. Is she providing these random garments to the Laundry Gnome Cartel? Is this how she keeps affording concert tickets and tattoos without a job? If so, how does the Laundry Gnome Cartel turn clandestine underwear swaps into cash? Are the Gnomes in cahoots with the Zetas? How deep does this go?
I'd take bets on the bolded part of your question. I love your rant BTW, lots of style and panache!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 04-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #2299

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle View Post
Great bit of writing!

I can't help but wonder how to make this into an epic prank on her without scarring your kid for life. Hmmm. Anybody got any ideas?

Quote:

Old 04-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
I'd take bets on the bolded part of your question. I love your rant BTW, lots of style and panache!
Style and panache, bourbon and psychosis, tomato tomahto. I'll take the compliments where I can get 'em.