Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Questions Thread........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 04:54 AM   #2171
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 892 Times on 531 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Teachers at private schools make much less money and I don't know of any that are NEA organized (union.) Without union representation, pay and benefits will be incomparable to public school teachers'.
True, but you actually get to teach kids to think for themselves rather than indocrinate them into the left wing nonsense that comes out of the schools today.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:29 AM   #2172
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool
Teachers at private schools make much less money and I don't know of any that are NEA organized (union.) Without union representation, pay and benefits will be incomparable to public school teachers'.
I am not a member of the Union anyways. They don't have any power to reduce class sizes or do things of that type of importance so I don't see the point. Ours is weak also in that they haven't been able to get us a raise in 5 years and our insurance keeps going up..........I work in a very well performing school yet we are the lowest paid in the area. It's quite ridiculous.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:35 AM   #2173
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5781 Times on 3159 Posts
Likes Given: 10935

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U

True, but you actually get to teach kids to think for themselves rather than indocrinate them into the left wing nonsense that comes out of the schools today.
You are absolutely right.

No offense and none taken

Old 03-29-2013, 06:17 AM   #2174
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6640 Times on 4019 Posts
Likes Given: 7904

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Have you considered daycare? They probably don't pay as much, but didn't you say that you would probably prefer younger kids?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
They don't pay nearly as much or offer insurance I'm sure....
You would starve to death living on a daycare providers salary. The only people I know who provide day care are usually married so they have that primary income and want to earn a little money while staying home with their own kids. They most often do an excellent job for very little pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Probably make a good moderator...
Yeah. They pay is very good, too. But most of all I like the benefits.......which is getting to hang out here on FTF with all these wonderful people, learn about guns, make new friends and meet incredibly awesome people. Heck, I'd even be a Mod for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
I don't know your situation but have you considered teaching at a private school
I keep saying be a private tutor. You don't have to work with any terminally ill children and suffer that loss as you have done in the past. My youngest struggled with math and I found him a private tutor who worked with him one on one a couple days a week after school. I can't remember what I paid but I knew I would have paid twice as much as he asked because he was so good with my son. But again, you'd have no health insurance unless Fathead does and you can get on his insurance policy where he works.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #2175
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

You would starve to death living on a daycare providers salary. The only people I know who provide day care are usually married so they have that primary income and want to earn a little money while staying home with their own kids. They most often do an excellent job for very little pay.

Yeah. They pay is very good, too. But most of all I like the benefits.......which is getting to hang out here on FTF with all these wonderful people, learn about guns, make new friends and meet incredibly awesome people. Heck, I'd even be a Mod for free.

I keep saying be a private tutor. You don't have to work with any terminally ill children and suffer that loss as you have done in the past. My youngest struggled with math and I found him a private tutor who worked with him one on one a couple days a week after school. I can't remember what I paid but I knew I would have paid twice as much as he asked because he was so good with my son. But again, you'd have no health insurance unless Fathead does and you can get on his insurance policy where he works.
We each carry our own insurance because it would be $600 a month to add me to his and about $500 a month to have him on mine. I'm hoping that I can still transfer to the school I applied at because a few teachers are retiring. I knew 8th grade to kindergarten probably wouldn't have been allowed because once you teach middle schoolers you get stuck there..... If they won't let me transfer I'll look in other districts.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #2176
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6557 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
We each carry our own insurance because it would be $600 a month to add me to his and about $500 a month to have him on mine. I'm hoping that I can still transfer to the school I applied at because a few teachers are retiring. I knew 8th grade to kindergarten probably wouldn't have been allowed because once you teach middle schoolers you get stuck there..... If they won't let me transfer I'll look in other districts.
Why's that?

Old 03-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #2177
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Why's that?
I wish I knew for sure....I just see people that try to leave our building and if you're math or English you get denied because we're good at what we do and they don't want to move us. Not just anyone makes it at the middle school level. We've been told that it's easy for them to find a new elementary teacher but harder to find one of us because we have a different license. I have both. What can ya do?

Old 03-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #2178
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1643 Times on 1002 Posts
Likes Given: 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Gee, Winds, looks like all your dreams are coming true! You've got a new job AND you get to be a mod for free...

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 03-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #2179
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7660 Times on 4420 Posts
Likes Given: 9875

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Why's that?
Because middle schoolers are such awful little organisms that once they rope you in it is nearly impossible to find anybody to replace you with!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 03-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #2180
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6640 Times on 4019 Posts
Likes Given: 7904

Quote:
WOW!! That's an incredible amount to pay for group insurance. I pay $92/month for BC/BS and if I added one other person (spouse or child) it would be double that. And I get free services at the hospital I work at. I would only pay the doctor's bill after BC/BS pays their 80%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Gee, Winds, looks like all your dreams are coming true! You've got a new job AND you get to be a mod for free...
Shhh.......I said I would be a Mod for free. If Notdku sees this, he'll stop paying me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Because middle schoolers are such awful little organisms that once they rope you in it is nearly impossible to find anybody to replace you with!
You are so right. I had difficulty loving my own children when they were at that age. So many physical and emotional changes.......they are testing the waters of independence. DAMN, that was a rough time.