Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Questions Thread........

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 03:37 AM   #2001
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 27,174
Liked 19859 Times on 11278 Posts
Likes Given: 50043

Default

i can pick up some really good radio stations when i don't have my tin foil hat on!

__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:38 AM   #2002
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

So... Three stations I hear when I'm wearing mine are really those infamous voices I keep hearing about?

__________________
trip286 is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:08 AM   #2003
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 16,326
Liked 8392 Times on 3630 Posts
Likes Given: 1292

Default

voices.jpg

Describes SO many of us here....
__________________

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

c3shooter is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:36 AM   #2004
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 27,174
Liked 19859 Times on 11278 Posts
Likes Given: 50043

Default

i actually had this T-shirt once!

voices-.jpg  
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:07 AM   #2005
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kaido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 1,715
Liked 344 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Mmkay....I'm going to ask this then take off for my bed.


If you guys could own one gun set up exactly how you want it, what gun would it be and how would it be set up? ( <- gun and attachments would be free)

Here's the catch though, it has to be one you would actually use and afford to shoot......pre-panic of course.

__________________

Last edited by kaido; 03-17-2013 at 05:09 AM.
kaido is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:24 AM   #2006
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

M1A, standard, set up basic, iron sights, sling, and all the 20 round mags and ammo I can store. If I can hit a man sized target ten out of ten shots with an M16 and iron sights, I'm sure I can do the same with that rifle, so I don't need a scope. It'll do everything I ask for in a rifle.

Question in return: can we still have a handgun for regular everyday carry? If not, I think I would still choose the rifle. I'm good with a knife and tend to frequent only the lowest crime rate areas for work, leisure, and home. Not because I'm scared, just because my lifestyle and personality lends itself to small towns and sparsely populated areas. Have actually had 2 situations where I would've been justified in drawing, and 1 that would've been questionable, yet still didn't have to in order to handle it.

Yes, I would still pick the rifle.

__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:08 AM   #2007
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kaido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 1,715
Liked 344 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Question in return: can we still have a handgun for regular everyday carry?
Yessir, you can keep all firearms now and acquire more as you wish. This is just your dream rifle that you'd absolutely love to buy/build.
__________________
kaido is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:08 AM   #2008
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post

Yessir, you can keep all firearms now and acquire more as you wish. This is just your dream rifle that you'd absolutely love to buy/build.
Oh, well that covers it for me. The only thing I might possibly change, maybe get the select fire M14 instead.

Not that I would ever go full auto. Still, it's like 4X4 on a truck. Every truck I've had, had it. I never played in the mud, but it was nice knowing it was there. And I did use it a few times at work, and once when I slid off a shoulder from a dead stop into a ditch while it was raining.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #2009
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
Mmkay....I'm going to ask this then take off for my bed.


If you guys could own one gun set up exactly how you want it, what gun would it be and how would it be set up? ( <- gun and attachments would be free)

Here's the catch though, it has to be one you would actually use and afford to shoot......pre-panic of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
M1A, standard, set up basic, iron sights, sling, and all the 20 round mags and ammo I can store. If I can hit a man sized target ten out of ten shots with an M16 and iron sights, I'm sure I can do the same with that rifle, so I don't need a scope. It'll do everything I ask for in a rifle.

Question in return: can we still have a handgun for regular everyday carry? If not, I think I would still choose the rifle. I'm good with a knife and tend to frequent only the lowest crime rate areas for work, leisure, and home. Not because I'm scared, just because my lifestyle and personality lends itself to small towns and sparsely populated areas. Have actually had 2 situations where I would've been justified in drawing, and 1 that would've been questionable, yet still didn't have to in order to handle it.

Yes, I would still pick the rifle.
I agree with trip on the gun, I'd love an M1A. Only, I would make a few changes to increase the drool factor and make it uniquely mine.

Full military dress stock made from highly figured Claro Walnut and beautify checkered.
Heavy match barrel
Gun redesigned to fire 30-06 Ackley Improved
Smooth, adjustable match trigger
A powerful scope. Something that tops out in the 32x-40x range
Magazines made to fit the new caliber.


Just picture an M1A with a stock made from this.



Drool...
__________________

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 03-17-2013 at 07:27 AM.
texaswoodworker is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #2010
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 16,326
Liked 8392 Times on 3630 Posts
Likes Given: 1292

Default

M25. Period.

__________________

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

c3shooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Random Thoughts Thread Dillinger The Club House 36184 Yesterday 10:09 PM
Random Creepy Things Thread. Shihan The Club House 114 06-02-2010 08:17 PM
two random questions about my newest greatest tool waxman895 1911 Forum 29 03-20-2010 06:01 PM
Random question Ubergopher General Rifle Discussion 9 03-11-2010 12:34 AM