Random Questions Thread........ - Page 164
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Questions Thread........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #1631
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2473 Times on 1606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater

Seriously? Why?
I read something awhile back about the fda or some agency trying to stop the private sale of eggs, meat, vegetables, and raw milk. An expensive license would be needed to be legal. For our own good and all that b.s. Sounds to me like a corporate controlled nanny state.

forumrunner_20121005_135329.jpg

Feral cat waterboarder

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 02-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #1632
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3318 Times on 1842 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post
Anyone here own a wrangler and get on wranglerforum?
You couldn't pay me to own a Jeep. Sorry.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Trez Likes This 
Old 02-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #1633

Liked 741 Times on 491 Posts
Likes Given: 802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
You couldn't pay me to own a Jeep. Sorry.
Me Neither! And Im not sorry...

I wish I could keep chickens!! But my neighbors dogs keep eating them!!! But Im the @$$hole when ever I call animal control or shoot them... Im half temped to let one maul a horse, and just sue them! I bet that keeps their damn dogs at home!!!

I remember one time one of the neighbors called the cops after I shot a dog, and the officer told the dog owners that I have livestock, and if one of their dogs was disturbing my livestock, it was totally within my right to kill it, I could even track it up to 25 miles, beat it to death, and that would still be legal... (They didnt like that one bit!)

I am sorry if I do sound like a @$$.. But ive been dealing with this ever since I could shoot a .22 (That was one of the jobs my dad gave me on our ranch) Everybody around us knows if your dog is on my property it will get shot, but it doesnt stop.. Its been like this for 20 yrs.!!!

Last edited by Trez; 02-05-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 02-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #1634
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post

Me Neither! And Im not sorry...
Hey look, we agree on something I'm sorry for him not me.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #1635

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

I'm sorry too. That wranglers are the most capable factory optioned off road vehicle on the US auto market right now.... They're The only new vehicle under 3/4 ton with solid front axle 4wd, they're one of the few non-sports cars still available with manual transmissions (I HATE autos). The jeep community is more tightly connected than any other hobbiest group I've seen. Nothing better than jamming gears on a warm day with the top down, hit 5th and put your left foot out on the side step then wave to the passing jeep on the other side of the road. Always puts a smile on my face to come out of walmart and see a wrangler parked next to mine. And best of all, I love how people in town know where I live because I always park my jeep flexed out on something in the yard. When the 4.0 inline 6 came out in 87 it made more horse power and got better gas milage than the gm 5.3, the Chrysler 5.2, and the ford 5.0. What vehicle was carrying M1 garands we all love? Yes, the jeep.... The American legend.... The jeep is an icon

Old 02-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #1636

Liked 741 Times on 491 Posts
Likes Given: 802

Quote:
I'm sorry too. What vehicle was carrying M1 garands we all love? Yes, the jeep.... The American legend.... The jeep is an icon

Who made some of those Garands we love so much???

Oh, thats right International Harvester....
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 02-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #1637
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8963 Times on 3880 Posts
Likes Given: 1401

While it is NOT a Wrangler, company I worked for had Jeep Liberties as our company vehicles.

MAJOR problems. Had 3 recalls in the first year I had mine- including endearing things like ball joints breaking, causing loss of control while driving. Partner had one that when it rained, would fill the floor pans with 3 inches of water.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #1638
hmh

Liked 141 Times on 97 Posts

4.0 manual is the only jeep I would own.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #1639
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I'm sorry too. That wranglers are the most capable factory optioned off road vehicle on the US auto market right now.... They're The only new vehicle under 3/4 ton with solid front axle 4wd, they're one of the few non-sports cars still available with manual transmissions (I HATE autos). The jeep community is more tightly connected than any other hobbiest group I've seen. Nothing better than jamming gears on a warm day with the top down, hit 5th and put your left foot out on the side step then wave to the passing jeep on the other side of the road. Always puts a smile on my face to come out of walmart and see a wrangler parked next to mine. And best of all, I love how people in town know where I live because I always park my jeep flexed out on something in the yard. When the 4.0 inline 6 came out in 87 it made more horse power and got better gas milage than the gm 5.3, the Chrysler 5.2, and the ford 5.0. What vehicle was carrying M1 garands we all love? Yes, the jeep.... The American legend.... The jeep is an icon
Uh... The suspension falls apart. And they have transmission and drive train problems. That doesn't seem very capable to me. I'd rather have a Landcruiser. That's right. A Toyota. Actually, I'd take a Scout over a Jeep any day of the week and that's saying something.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #1640
hmh

Liked 141 Times on 97 Posts

Anyone in there right mind would rather have a land cruiser.