Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Questions Thread........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 01:03 AM   #1501
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2901 Times on 1621 Posts
Likes Given: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoertz View Post
Oops, sorry that was not my intent. It was meant to be a humorous dig, but came out wrong. I apologize and will go stand in the corner .
No need to stand in the corner. I just feel dumb when I have to ask questions, so I may have been over sensitive to the comment and misunderstood your intent. No worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
As I wear 3 sports bras to jog on the treadmill I can't help but think how stupid breast implants are. Why would anyone purposefully add this annoyance to their everyday lives!!!! Ugghhhh...... Men, you live the easy life and don't even know it.
I do not envy you in the least, and I don't understand it either, although I hear fake ones aren't as bouncy. Just the other day I told someone that if mine weren't attached to me and my boyfriend didn't like them so much I'd sell them on eBay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Do you have any idea how hard it is to try to figure women out? That is a major pain in the butt, and in some ways an impossible task.
I've said this before, we're not complicated, how hard is it to say "you're pretty" and give us chocolate? Or get us drunk... That works really well, just ask Trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
Well at least that junk for the most part is similar in size when it's just "relaxed". Makes me jealous when girls are running and jumping around as a part of the itty bitty teetee committee. As for the comments earlier about figuring girls out, it's simple. Do as we say and nobody gets hurt. . Oh and if you marry girls that are kinda boyish that helps too....
Yeah, hang out with the girls that are more like guys mentally and emotionally it will save you from a lot of unnecessary drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
That's when you give them the mop, tell them to do if they think they can do such a better job, and then go lay on the couch. (and yes, I would actually do exactly that, and not give a damn how mad she gets.)
I've done that before except I was changing some guy's battery in his car when I worked at Auto Zone and he was standing there telling me how to do it; I handed him the wrench and said you do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol View Post
Just a theory but freezing changes the specific gravity of the acid
But it isn't acid when it freezes. When batteries lose their charge they stratify and I'm not entirely sure how to explain what that is but what freezes is water, just regular H2O not the acid. Maybe C3, in all his ancient wisdom, can explain exactly what stratifying is?

All I know is batteries that are dead freeze, batteries that are charged don't and, when they freeze they feel about ten pounds heavier...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Last edited by Cinderocka1989; 01-19-2013 at 01:09 AM.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 01-19-2013, 01:33 AM   #1502

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Baby, I love your hoo hoo's.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:36 AM   #1503

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Zoo zoo's sound so much better. Jmho :-P

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-19-2013, 01:39 AM   #1504
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Baby, I love your hoo hoo's.
I know, I'm not going to sell them, promise.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:39 AM   #1505
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1

Pming my wifes phone #! lol
Alright, I'll whip her into shape for ya.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:55 AM   #1506
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 250 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 88

In a dead battery, most of the acid has combined with the plates and what is left is mostly water, which of course will freeze. In a fully charged battery the acid ions will return to the water. Normally when you add a substance to water it will lower the freezing point such as in sea (salt) water.

Stratifying means "to make or form layers" such as oil in water. When the battery stratifies, the water and acid which have different densities can in some conditions separate and form layers.

I have never heard of the weight change you speak of in a battery. Change of density, yes, which will generally manifest itself as a change in size (normally a decrease in size (volume)). Except for water which is one of the rare substances that increase in volume upon freezing. Have you actually weighed any battery at different temperatures ? A battery can change (decrease in weight) when it is being charged because hydrogen is being given off and is normally vented to atmosphere. Whether the battery will change in weight because of the loss of hydrogen, is a good chemistry question for a student.

As I used to tell my aviation students, " the only dumb question is one you don't ask". In some ways you can be hurt because you don't know the answer to a "dumb" question that you are embarrassed to ask.

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:20 AM   #1507
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoertz View Post
In a dead battery, most of the acid has combined with the plates and what is left is mostly water, which of course will freeze. In a fully charged battery the acid ions will return to the water. Normally when you add a substance to water it will lower the freezing point such as in sea (salt) water.

Stratifying means "to make or form layers" such as oil in water. When the battery stratifies, the water and acid which have different densities can in some conditions separate and form layers.

I have never heard of the weight change you speak of in a battery. Change of density, yes, which will generally manifest itself as a change in size (normally a decrease in size (volume)). Except for water which is one of the rare substances that increase in volume upon freezing. Have you actually weighed any battery at different temperatures ? A battery can change (decrease in weight) when it is being charged because hydrogen is being given off and is normally vented to atmosphere. Whether the battery will change in weight because of the loss of hydrogen, is a good chemistry question for a student.

As I used to tell my aviation students, " the only dumb question is one you don't ask". In some ways you can be hurt because you don't know the answer to a "dumb" question that you are embarrassed to ask.
I never actually weighed it, just feels heavier.

My issue with asking questions had to do with my issues with my Dad... Oh well.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:36 AM   #1508
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 250 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 88

I should have been clearer about the size/weight change. It would be tiny.

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:42 AM   #1509

Liked 65 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989
If ice is less dense than water why do batteries weigh more when they're frozen?
It's actually the opposite. When the battery is frozen its dead meaning it no longer contains a charge so it's lighter. The more the charge and the more power it contains the heavier it is. It's just like a pound of steel weighs more than a pound of feathers. :-p

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ كفري

Old 01-19-2013, 02:45 AM   #1510

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Now someone's just being a peter...