Random Questions Thread........ - Page 119
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Questions Thread........

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 03:09 AM   #1181
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Fathead00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 2,922
Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Default

Why do people ask stupid questions????
Fathead00 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:18 AM   #1182
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6578 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Texas in July is a little cozy for my taste.

Luckily he wasn't driving longhaul and he already had a load going back to Wyoming when we left. So we headed back not long after we got there.
Let me guess. You went to West Texas right? It get's hot as hell over there, but at least it's windy, and it's a dry heat. Over here in NE Texas it get hot, muggy, and the wind doesn't blow near as much.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:18 AM   #1183
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,079
Liked 2821 Times on 1833 Posts

Default

Why do people ask stupid questions about stupid questions?
__________________
Feral cat waterboarder
primer1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:44 AM   #1184
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 7,222
Liked 4358 Times on 2418 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Let me guess. You went to West Texas right? It get's hot as hell over there, but at least it's windy, and it's a dry heat. Over here in NE Texas it get hot, muggy, and the wind doesn't blow near as much.
It was Northern Texas somewhere by Amarillo, that's the only town he said that I recognized. I slept most the time anyway.
__________________
3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
Cinderocka1989 is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:13 AM   #1185
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6578 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
It was Northern Texas somewhere by Amarillo, that's the only town he said that I recognized. I slept most the time anyway.
Yeah, we call that West Texas. I know it's actually in the northernmost part of the state, but we still call it West Texas. North Texas is farther East.

You didn't miss much. Amarillo is a pretty small city, and the land around it is basically cattle ranches. You probably went through Dalhart too. It's famous for the HUGE herds of cattle there, and the resulting stink.
The landscape can be nice to look at if your into deserts, but it's mostly flat plains with a few scattered steep hills. It's a nice place to live if you want to avoid people.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:15 AM   #1186
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 7,222
Liked 4358 Times on 2418 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Yeah, we call that West Texas. I know it's actually in the northernmost part of the state, but we still call it West Texas. North Texas is farther East.

You didn't miss much. Amarillo is a pretty small city, and the land around it is basically cattle ranches. You probably went through Dalhart too. It's famous for the HUGE herds of cattle there, and the resulting stink.
The landscape can be nice to look at if your into deserts, but it's mostly flat plains with a few scattered steep hills. It's a nice place to live if you want to avoid people.
That sounds about right for a man moving hay.
__________________
3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
Cinderocka1989 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:17 AM   #1187
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Let me guess. You went to West Texas right? It get's hot as hell over there, but at least it's windy, and it's a dry heat. Over here in NE Texas it get hot, muggy, and the wind doesn't blow near as much.
Wait, are you saying that West Texas blows?

Yeah, I thought that's what you said. It's OK, we feel the same way about Southern California, oh, and San francisco.
Vikingdad is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:22 AM   #1188
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6578 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
That sounds about right for a man moving hay.
Yep, that makes perfect sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Wait, are you saying that West Texas blows?

Yeah, I thought that's what you said. It's OK, we feel the same way about Southern California, oh, and San francisco.
The WIND blows, not the area. You could probably fire a tank all day out there and no one would give a damn. Try that in SoCal.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:52 AM   #1189
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 25,175
Liked 8661 Times on 5167 Posts
Likes Given: 11410

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Nice ardvark winds !!
ROFL........thanks.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #1190
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I can't even get up a 6 foot ladder.
Perhaps you are better off being "vertically challenged".
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Random Thoughts Thread Dillinger The Club House 39171 Today 07:00 AM
Random Creepy Things Thread. Shihan The Club House 114 06-02-2010 08:17 PM
two random questions about my newest greatest tool waxman895 1911 Forum 29 03-20-2010 06:01 PM
Random question Ubergopher General Rifle Discussion 9 03-11-2010 12:34 AM



Newest Threads