Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Questions Thread........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 02:14 AM   #1061
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
IQ of 185
Common sense quotient of... 4. On a scale to 200
Not bad but neither of us has much sense since we both joined the branch that runs to the fight instead of away from the bullets like a smart person......then again that could just be bc no marine has any back up in them

Old 10-05-2012, 02:37 AM   #1062

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
IQ of 185
Yeah. I am calling bullish*t on that.

Quote:
Only approximately 1% of the people in the world have an IQ of 135 or over
Quote:
Source
http://hem.bredband.net/b153434/Index.htm

An IQ of 185 is (1) in 18 MILLION, 457 THOUSAND, 107 people.

Quote:
Source
http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/iqtable.aspx

We don't even have 457,000 members here.

Sebbie is a member here that is about as close to amazingly brilliant as I have ever encountered, and it comes across in just about every post.

When I have to Google stuff you are referencing, I know I am out of my depth.

bkt causes this effect on me once a week. C3 has caused this effect on me from time to time. As has Canebrake. As has a couple of other long time members.

Sebbie has caused this on 80% plus of her posts and she has a DOCTORATE Degree in Mechanical Engineering or some such science. She is the real deal and should someone want to dispute that, I BEG you to challenge her. Please! Please challenge her. Just PM me before you do it. Seriously, I will pay your next years membership for the entertainment alone.

If you have a 185 legitimate IQ, you would be the smartest man to ever post here.

And if that is the case, what the F*CK are you doing posting here?!?!

JD
Old 10-05-2012, 02:42 AM   #1063

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I was tested or gifted programs. Missed the mark by 3 points. It was 127 in 3rd grade. After football and other things, well it seems to have dissipated.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:47 AM   #1064
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Until he gets caught pissing from a freeway overpass, or gets to hang out with deputy friendly overnight for riding a horse through town drunk as a skunk. Naked.

I've already had to talk him out of jumping from the roof with paper wings on his arms. I was pretty convincing. And I realized while I was telling him the stories, he's the only male in my family for at least THREE generations that has avoided that particular hospital trip. Yes, even me. And I jumped right after I heard the snap of my cousin's arm when he hit the ground.
I demand that you begin writing that autobiography so I can read it. (you can add to it as you get older)

Seriously, that thing could end up being a best seller.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:22 AM   #1065
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8387 Times on 3629 Posts
Likes Given: 1291

Quote:
(you can add to it as you get older)
You can add to it IF you get older. Remember THAT part is optional.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 10-05-2012, 07:01 AM   #1066

Liked 2349 Times on 1528 Posts

Playing the numbers game: most of us here belive in earning an income, along with basic human rights exercised by following the u.s. constitution. That makes us smarter than the other half of the population.

Of course, I didn't realize iq ratings went into three digits until now....

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 10-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #1067

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger

Yeah. I am calling bullish*t on that.

If you have a 185 legitimate IQ, you would be the smartest man to ever post here.

And if that is the case, what the F*CK are you doing posting here?!?!

Call it all you want, I've taken the tests and have been given the results. The last one was over ten years ago, and naturally I didn't keep the results. If I knew it was only on a 200 scale, I would have framed that crap, but I didn't even know. I thought it was much different, or scaled differently, and since the tests seemed so damn hard, I thought I must've done bad. It wasn't until I joined the Marines and people started going ape **** over my test scores there that I started to think maybe I AM kinda smart.

IQ tests ABILITY to learn, not how much you know. At least that's how it was explained to me.

Example of the significance there: my son knows stuff I don't know. I'm older, more experienced, and more formally educated than he is by far, but that means jack and ****. He still manages to teach me things.

IQ tests don't take into account any lack of common sense. Meaning even with a 185, you can still make a tool out of yourself if you don't apply ANYTHING, which happens all too often with me because of intellectual laziness.

They don't take into account being outside of a mentally stimulating environment. Being out of school, I'd probably test lower now. One person can take the same battery of tests five different times, and get five completely different sets of results back, even if their environment doesn't change much. MINE has changed a LOT.

Yes, I claim that score, as it's the highest I've accomplished. I also claim to still act like a dumbass, I'm intellectually lazy, my environment is vastly different than it was the last time I was tested, I've abused the living hell out of alcohol since then, and have been hit in the head many times, and had more concussions than I care to count.

Call it what you want, but you asked for no details. I've tested at 185, but I have to admit that I don't think I could pull that off again. It still counts though. Kind of "highest achievement".

Old 10-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #1068

And that's without even getting into the fact that with 3 tests I've taken NONE of them were even close to being similar to each other, nor were my scores from each. My lowest was 150.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #1069
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1735 Times on 1253 Posts
Likes Given: 1980

Default I q.........

Apon exiting high school I took an iq test, they said that i had an IQ of 140.... So wtf happened.......Smart people can really do some dumb sh$t.......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 10-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #1070

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum
Apon exiting high school I took an iq test, they said that i had an IQ of 140.... So wtf happened.......Smart people can really do some dumb sh$t.......
I'm a living testament to that.