Random Questions Thread........ - Page 104
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Questions Thread........


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #1031
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Meh, a grunt in the league of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children is an infantryman. I got that covered.
Ass in the grass is always a grunt.......Jarhead is just a special breed of grunt-the meaner variety of the species
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #1032
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

I thought a Grunt was Army.
No a grunt is any combat troop on the front lines that has its feet for main mode of transportation
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #1033
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Ok, from what ive looked up, "En-Bloc" means "all together".. I guess the clip, magazine, follower are "en-bloc" as one unit in the rifle... ??
That's the way I see it. A clip is basically part of the magazine in a Garand.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #1034
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
No a grunt is any combat troop on the front lines that has its feet for main mode of transportation
Oh, Ok. For some reason, I always thought a Grunt was distintively Army.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #1035
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Did Mosin get banned? His title says "user banned", but usually a title doesn't say that when someone is banned.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #1036
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Oh, Ok. For some reason, I always thought a Grunt was distintively Army.
In the army, pretty much EVERY combat arms MOS is grunt, as per the explanation I got from my brother.

Marine grunts are, as Marlin said, combat troops that ride in leather Cadillacs as their main transpo. We riflemen proudly claim combat engineers and navy corpsman as our closest relatives in the grunt family tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
Did Mosin get banned? His title says "user banned", but usually a title doesn't say that when someone is banned.
I think he's just jacking around.
trip286 is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #1037
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

In the army, pretty much EVERY combat arms MOS is grunt, as per the explanation I got from my brother.

Marine grunts are, as Marlin said, combat troops that ride in leather Cadillacs as their main transpo. We riflemen proudly claim combat engineers and navy corpsman as our closest relatives in the grunt family tree.

I think he's just jacking around.
That might be bc they keep us alive most of the time
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #1038
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

That might be bc they keep us alive most of the time
Well yeah! Engineers keep us from getting blown up, and Doc puts us back together AFTER we get blown up. It's a parasitic relationship, it's all about keeping the bullet sponges alive. But we really do appreciate it.
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #1039
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Well yeah! Engineers keep us from getting blown up, and Doc puts us back together AFTER we get blown up. It's a parasitic relationship, it's all about keeping the bullet sponges alive. But we really do appreciate it.
Alot of marines love me then since I was the one w the Bang and had the long range OUCH!!! Factor
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #1040
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
In the army, pretty much EVERY combat arms MOS is grunt, as per the explanation I got from my brother.

Marine grunts are, as Marlin said, combat troops that ride in leather Cadillacs as their main transpo. We riflemen proudly claim combat engineers and navy corpsman as our closest relatives in the grunt family tree.



I think he's just jacking around.
Understood.

Good, I never saw him troll or anything, and I enjoy reading his posts.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Random Thoughts Thread Dillinger The Club House 39357 Yesterday 03:24 PM
Random Creepy Things Thread. Shihan The Club House 114 06-02-2010 08:17 PM
two random questions about my newest greatest tool waxman895 1911 Forum 29 03-20-2010 06:01 PM
Random question Ubergopher General Rifle Discussion 9 03-11-2010 12:34 AM



Newest Threads