Random Questions Thread........ - Page 100
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Questions Thread........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #991
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 45 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
I can only speculate but here is my theory.

Iirc he was all of 15 years old. Somebody I believe sponsered him so he could play with the adults. He thought himself clever and slick, much like butter can be. Instead of being happy just being in the kitchen, he was attracted to bantering with some of the more cagey members here. Before butter really knew what happened he was in the frying pan. We all know how that works out for butter, it just melts away. Jmho
Poor guy.
But if he was an ass he probably needed to be banned.

Still a funny name

Old 10-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #992
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Funny indeed; i like the character on South Park, "Butters Scotch".

edit * "Butters Stotch" is his name; "Scotch" is on another character's hat.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 10-02-2012 at 07:09 PM.
vincent Likes This 
Old 10-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #993
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3705 Times on 2052 Posts
Likes Given: 165

I'm guessing neither of you have seen South Park? I'm guessing that's where it came from...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #994
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Ask TWMIM. He came up with the name, so only he knows where the idea came from.
My guess would have been South Park too, or that the name "Butters" just sounded funny.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #995

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford101 View Post
What's wrong with Bravo Company?
That is what I would like to find out.

We had this guy here for awhile, actually I think he was here twice. MJKeat and then MikeJK, I believe, and he was dead set that BCM was THE ONLY AR that was built for battle. He would tought them in every thread and he just went on and on and on about them.

We got into it over companies a couple of times, nothing serious, just difference of opinion.

Then I got a warning, presumably he did too, about brand bashing.

So he got all bent out of shape and started a thread about why he SHOULD NOT buy a BCM as his next AR purchase. He was asking for reasons not to buy.

So, having a case of OCD, I started doing some digging. While a company like Yankee Hill Machine has been in business since the 80's, and has a spotless record with the BBB for the last three years, BCM has only been in business (possibly in this evolution) since about 2002/2003 (depending on when you factor sales vs. incorporation).

In the last three years they have 3 BBB complaints. Two were resolved, but one was not. I sent several requests to access to years beyond the publicly recorded 3 year period and have been denied at every turn.

I was e-mailed back by a representative, her domain name said she was from the Wisconsin Bureau of Business, but not the Better Business Bureau where I made the inquiry. She wanted to know why I was inquiring into the history of the company and what my purposes were.

I explained that I was doing history on the company for a piece I was planning on writing and left it at that.

She e-mailed back within an hour wanting to know what publication I worked for. When I explained it was for a website and gun forum, she wanted to know which one.

Since then someone matching her first name has visited my Linkedin page but has refused to acknowledge follow up e-mails and the BBB has not responded to my requests directly.

What I do know is the owner or founder has a criminal record and that he filed Chapter 11 on another business before the founding of BCM, though it appears to be a couple of years before.

I don't know there is ANYTHING wrong. But when public records are not made available, I begin to get a bit pissed off, so thus I can not and will not acknowledge BCM as a quality maker of anything including toothpicks until I can see their BBB records to see what the big deal is.

*shrug*
Old 10-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #996

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger

That is what I would like to find out.

We had this guy here for awhile, actually I think he was here twice. MJKeat and then MikeJK, I believe, and he was dead set that BCM was THE ONLY AR that was built for battle. He would tought them in every thread and he just went on and on and on about them.

We got into it over companies a couple of times, nothing serious, just difference of opinion.

Then I got a warning, presumably he did too, about brand bashing.

So he got all bent out of shape and started a thread about why he SHOULD NOT buy a BCM as his next AR purchase. He was asking for reasons not to buy.

So, having a case of OCD, I started doing some digging. While a company like Yankee Hill Machine has been in business since the 80's, and has a spotless record with the BBB for the last three years, BCM has only been in business (possibly in this evolution) since about 2002/2003 (depending on when you factor sales vs. incorporation).

In the last three years they have 3 BBB complaints. Two were resolved, but one was not. I sent several requests to access to years beyond the publicly recorded 3 year period and have been denied at every turn.

I was e-mailed back by a representative, her domain name said she was from the Wisconsin Bureau of Business, but not the Better Business Bureau where I made the inquiry. She wanted to know why I was inquiring into the history of the company and what my purposes were.

I explained that I was doing history on the company for a piece I was planning on writing and left it at that.

She e-mailed back within an hour wanting to know what publication I worked for. When I explained it was for a website and gun forum, she wanted to know which one.

Since then someone matching her first name has visited my Linkedin page but has refused to acknowledge follow up e-mails and the BBB has not responded to my requests directly.

What I do know is the owner or founder has a criminal record and that he filed Chapter 11 on another business before the founding of BCM, though it appears to be a couple of years before.

I don't know there is ANYTHING wrong. But when public records are not made available, I begin to get a bit pissed off, so thus I can not and will not acknowledge BCM as a quality maker of anything including toothpicks until I can see their BBB records to see what the big deal is.

*shrug*
This is the beginning of the end! The illuminati! But seriously dude that is pretty messed up.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:21 AM   #997
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7779 Times on 4670 Posts
Likes Given: 9754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyfacenelson View Post
Butters?
How did the poor bastard get that nick name?
Butters.........

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=butters

Old 10-03-2012, 02:26 AM   #998

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford101 View Post
This is the beginning of the end! The illuminati! But seriously dude that is pretty messed up.
You know, it started as merely putting a troll in his place. I mean a company that has been in business for about 10 years is better than companies that have been doing it for DECADES?

Then I started to get the run around on the BBB reports and now I am full blown pissed off. The full reports are to be made available if requested, though some instances to require payment for "extensive" records.

I was willing to pay for the other 7 years from the start.

The whole thing could be nothing. Maybe they only have the three complaints, but then why is it so hard to confirm this?

JD

Old 10-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #999
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7779 Times on 4670 Posts
Likes Given: 9754

I have a 1979-ish Fender Precision Bass guitar I was thinking of selling. How would I go about getting this thing appraised? It belonged to a guy I dated for a couple years in the early 1980's. He died in an accident and his parents gave me his guitar as a keepsake. I'm willing to part with it after all these years. I just don't know what's it worth. I have long ago lost touch with the family. I also have it's original hardshell case that says "Fender" on it.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:32 PM   #1000
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I have a 1979-ish Fender Precision Bass guitar I was thinking of selling. How would I go about getting this thing appraised? It belonged to a guy I dated for a couple years in the early 1980's. He died in an accident and his parents gave me his guitar as a keepsake. I'm willing to part with it after all these years. I just don't know what's it worth. I have long ago lost touch with the family. I also have it's original hardshell case that says "Fender" on it.
I did a quick google search. It should be worth anywhere from $650-$3200 depending on the exact model, and it's condition.

I would find a reputable guitar expert in your area to know for sure (maybe get a second opinion too). I wouldn't trust someone your trying to sell it to though. They'd obviously try to get is as cheap as they could.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 10-03-2012 at 09:35 PM.