Random questions about buying a house / VA Loan - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random questions about buying a house / VA Loan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #11
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Glad to hear it! We did NOT do a VA loan, because even though the Amt. would have been larger, the rate was higher & less years.

We got an FHA Loan(not everyone gets approved either) for less % then VA, but only for a lesser amt., which was fine anyway because we wanted a less expensive house. We caught the market here in AZ. just in time. My House is already worth $50-$60K more then we paid between the values going up and the work we already put in plus 17.5% down..
In short, 1 year in and because of our down pmt. + some double payments(that we had to stop because my wife had to file for perm.disability) we already have equity....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1654 Times on 986 Posts
Likes Given: 361

If you want to hold the home for rental property after you don't need it any more it might work, but if you buy it, live in it for a couple of months and sell, the fees are going to eat you alive, unless it is way under market value and can be flipped quickly.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan