Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Random Fact Thread (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/random-fact-thread-74497/)

texaswoodworker 10-17-2012 05:11 AM

Random Fact Thread

Just as the title suggest, this is a place to post interesting, weird, and usually useless facts. Let's here them. :D

The King Ranch in Texas is larger than the state of Rhode Island.

Texas' largest county is Brewster with 6,208 square miles. That is more square miles than the entire state of Connecticut.

Mageiricophobia is the intense fear of having to cook.

Lawn darts are illegal in Canada.

By law, information collected in a U.S. census must remain confidential for 72 years.

winds-of-change 10-17-2012 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker (Post 979951)

Lawn darts are illegal in Canada.

I believe they are illegal in the United States, too. I noticed my Dad has a set in his garage. LOL

Sonic82 10-17-2012 06:08 AM

Cool idea...there are more people living at this very moment....than have died in all of history. And...there are more hairs in one square inch of a Sea Otter than on a German Shepards entire body.

Ultimate_sig 10-17-2012 06:51 AM

The word woman was said to come from the old english word wyfman which translates to wife of man.

You cant say apple pie with your tounge hanging out of your mouth....now put your tounge back in your mouth and keep scrolling

Mason609 10-17-2012 11:02 AM

WoC, lawn darts have been banned from manufacturing. Nothing I could find said anything about use or possession, though there were a few groups that said the ones people still have should be destroyed.

In Massachusetts, it is illegal for a man to wear a goatee without a permit (because it spooks the horses).

winds-of-change 10-17-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mason609 (Post 980020)
WoC, lawn darts have been banned from manufacturing. Nothing I could find said anything about use or possession, though there were a few groups that said the ones people still have should be destroyed.

Good thing. I would hate to have my 83 year old Dad thrown in jail for possession of lawn darts. LOL

I wouldn't destroy them I was thinking about asking my Dad if I could have them.

Trez 10-17-2012 04:02 PM

A typical microwave oven consumes more electricity powering its digital clock than it does heating food. While heating food requires as much as 100 times the power as running the clock does, the microwave heats food less than 1% of the time while the clock is typically always running. Therefore, in total, the clock uses up more electricity.

c3shooter 10-17-2012 05:09 PM

Water will not conduct electricity.

Water with a few minerals in it is a GREAT conductor- but pure distilled water is not.

primer1 10-17-2012 05:11 PM

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

jjfuller1 10-17-2012 05:16 PM

no other word rhymes with orange, or silver.