Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > random fact about yourself

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #611
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
racer_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Arkadelphia, AR
Posts: 961
Liked 283 Times on 228 Posts
Likes Given: 1243

Default

18436572 im a chevy man, well my tacoma is over 200 havent done anything but tires an oil its growing on me

__________________
racer_x is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #612
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kycol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,402
Liked 205 Times on 154 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Ya they are rough. Then again most people drive the dang things way to hard wo proper maintenance. The owners manuals on em say to change the oil no later than 2500 miles. Most people don't change until like 3000 or even 3500
Normally the manuals have 3 or 4 maintenance schedules that you follow depending on conditions the vehicle is operated in. I never have had any engine problems and I have always changed oil at 5000 mile intervals Well at least for the first 100,000 miles after that I've been know to go over that, like by about 10,000. Drove my Ford Ranger to work 70 miles a day for 13 years. Only got a new truck in 1998 because I decided I wanted air condition and automatic trans so I got a F150, only traded it in 2004 with 150,000 miles because wanted 4 wheel drive because new job was farther away with worse roads. Now my 2004 Dodge is still running like a top 152,000 miles. Only things ever done to it is 4 sets of tires, front brakes twice, rear brakes last week.
__________________
kycol is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #613
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 27,405
Liked 20054 Times on 11406 Posts
Likes Given: 50594

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
2.9 Cologne V6.
Considered one of the very worst. From some reviews I've read, few people get over 100k. It's not possible to do a ring job or to bore the cylinders, not if you want it to last. Really, with that engine, you can't do much more than cross your fingers and hope for luck.
IDK! i had one in a 1988 Ranger and one in a 1989 Ranger. the 1988 had over 200K on it the original engine when i traded it in on a newer Nissan 4x4 and still was getting over 22mpg on the highway. the 1989 had well over 160K on it when i traded it in on a new Dodge Ram. proper maintenance and taking care of them and not abusing them is the key IMO. i use my vehickes the way they were designed to be, but i don't abuse them.
__________________
Coming From The Village Of The Damned.
Resist All Tyranny And Oppression.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #614
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol

Normally the manuals have 3 or 4 maintenance schedules that you follow depending on conditions the vehicle is operated in. I never have had any engine problems and I have always changed oil at 5000 mile intervals Well at least for the first 100,000 miles after that I've been know to go over that, like by about 10,000. Drove my Ford Ranger to work 70 miles a day for 13 years. Only got a new truck in 1998 because I decided I wanted air condition and automatic trans so I got a F150, only traded it in 2004 with 150,000 miles because wanted 4 wheel drive because new job was farther away with worse roads. Now my 2004 Dodge is still running like a top 152,000 miles. Only things ever done to it is 4 sets of tires, front brakes twice, rear brakes last week.
The 2300 was pure junk and that is nowhere near the same motor you had. They was only in maybe four years of trucks. 92-96 I think
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:21 PM   #615
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Texas, Texas!
Posts: 27,405
Liked 20054 Times on 11406 Posts
Likes Given: 50594

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
The 2300 was pure junk and that is nowhere near the same motor you had. They was only in maybe four years of trucks. 92-96 I think
the inline 4 cylinder 2300 was used for years in the Mustang and was actually a pretty decent motor if taken care of. might not have been the best choice for the Ford Ranger if people were trying to use the truck for more than it was rated for. which the Mustang wasn't used as a truck, so this could be the difference here.
__________________
Coming From The Village Of The Damned.
Resist All Tyranny And Oppression.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #616
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

the inline 4 cylinder 2300 was used for years in the Mustang and was actually a pretty decent motor if taken care of. might not have been the best choice for the Ford Ranger if people were trying to use the truck for more than it was rated for. which the Mustang wasn't used as a truck, so this could be the difference here.
That's it exactly. Thays why it was only used for a few years in the trucks. It got replaced w the quad 4 was implemented along w the v6s
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:31 PM   #617
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
racer_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Arkadelphia, AR
Posts: 961
Liked 283 Times on 228 Posts
Likes Given: 1243

Default

omg a quad4 is a nightmear

__________________
racer_x is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:39 PM   #618
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x
omg a quad4 is a nightmear
Yes they are.......luckily they change out pretty easily
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:21 AM   #619
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
racer_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Arkadelphia, AR
Posts: 961
Liked 283 Times on 228 Posts
Likes Given: 1243

Default

More of that throw away stuff for the crusher

__________________
racer_x is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:30 AM   #620
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 5,840
Liked 3038 Times on 1695 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1

Someday you and cinder will be arguing over who is hogging all the tools...
I'm real weird about my tools... I don't know if anyone else is allowed to use them.
__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Cinderocka1989 is offline  
dog2000tj Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Obamacare Fact Sheet PrimePorkchop Politics, Religion and Controversy 29 07-05-2012 11:48 PM
fact or........... Marlinman The Club House 66 06-19-2012 07:25 PM
$600 AR - Fact or Fiction Jpyle AR-15 Discussion 35 01-27-2012 11:36 PM
Fact or Fiction? Bronze_Cased AR-15 Discussion 2 07-03-2007 04:09 PM