random fact about yourself - Page 209
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > random fact about yourself

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 02:07 AM   #2081
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1335 Times on 699 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
What? You cant post something like that and not tell the whole story.
Well, that was the random fact!

I was just about to turn 18, but I looked older (6'4", 220 lbs) and was walking home from school when I heard tires in the gravel behind me. I quickened my pace to get out of the way of the automobile I thought was trying to park. The car stopped, two doors opened, and I heard a shotgun slide rack at the same time a brusque voice yelled, "Do not move or I will kill you!!!" One deputy grabbed me, threw me against the hood of the car and locked me up in handcuffs while his partner held a 12 gauge shotgun to my head. I was read my rights while Deputy Shotgun holds his weapon inches from my heart.

Long story short, a home was invaded less than half-a-mile from where I was spotted, three people were gunned down and silver and cash were stolen. I matched the description of the perpetrator and was wearing the EXACT same clothing. After a tense conversation with deputies, they released me and apologized. On the way home, an unmarked car slowed as it passed me and then U-turned. Seconds later, I was facing two detectives pointing their sidearms at me. I was cuffed again, but a quick radio call confirmed the earlier confrontation and my innocence. One of the detectives gave me his card with the case # on it and told me it was a "Get out of jail free" card. i was to show it to anyone stopping me again

I quickly got home and hung the rust-colored vest I had been wearing that had caused most of the trouble. It stayed in the closet for a week before I braved wearing it again. I got almost six blocks from my house when a Sheriff's deputy stopped me again. I showed him my "Get out of jail free" card, got released and headed straight home.

The perpetrator was never caught and I was never able to wear that vest again.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

People Like This 
Old 09-21-2013, 02:11 AM   #2082
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21985 Times on 12396 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Well, that was the random fact!

I was just about to turn 18, but I looked older (6'4", 220 lbs) and was walking home from school when I heard tires in the gravel behind me. I quickened my pace to get out of the way of the automobile I thought was trying to park. The car stopped, two doors opened, and I heard a shotgun slide rack at the same time a brusque voice yelled, "Do not move or I will kill you!!!" One deputy grabbed me, threw me against the hood of the car and locked me up in handcuffs while his partner held a 12 gauge shotgun to my head. I was read my rights while Deputy Shotgun holds his weapon inches from my heart.

Long story short, a home was invaded less than half-a-mile from where I was spotted, three people were gunned down and silver and cash were stolen. I matched the description of the perpetrator and was wearing the EXACT same clothing. After a tense conversation with deputies, they released me and apologized. On the way home, an unmarked car slowed as it passed me and then U-turned. Seconds later, I was facing two detectives pointing their sidearms at me. I was cuffed again, but a quick radio call confirmed the earlier confrontation and my innocence. One of the detectives gave me his card with the case # on it and told me it was a "Get out of jail free" card. i was to show it to anyone stopping me again

I quickly got home and hung the rust-colored vest I had been wearing that had caused most of the trouble. It stayed in the closet for a week before I braved wearing it again. I got almost six blocks from my house when a Sheriff's deputy stopped me again. I showed him my "Get out of jail free" card, got released and headed straight home.

The perpetrator was never caught and I was never able to wear that vest again.

i'd have burnt that vest!
Old 09-21-2013, 02:13 AM   #2083
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1335 Times on 699 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i'd have burnt that vest!
It was a present from my grandmother. I had to hold onto it in case she mentioned it and I had to produce it and prove I hadn't burned it!

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-21-2013, 02:16 AM   #2084
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21985 Times on 12396 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
It was a present from my grandmother. I had to hold onto it in case she mentioned it and I had to produce it and prove I hadn't burned it!
i think after that encounter, she would have understood!
Old 09-21-2013, 02:16 AM   #2085

Liked 317 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989
I think I'm the only person on the planet who gets excited when things don't work.
Nope, my teachers projector broke down today so we didn't have to write notes.

Mamas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies.
better dead than red

Last edited by SRK97; 09-21-2013 at 02:19 AM.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:47 AM   #2086
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8673 Times on 5015 Posts
Likes Given: 11275

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
I once burned a house down with a teddy bear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
Gello will be very proud of you!
You kidding me? Gello has been in the bathroom reading that post for the past hour!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 09-21-2013, 03:34 AM   #2087
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7639 Times on 4590 Posts
Likes Given: 9532

Quote:
My brother and I once caught a shrub in front of the house on fire with a cattail dipped in gasoline on the 4th of July.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-21-2013, 03:35 AM   #2088
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Story time? How did you manage that?

Old 09-21-2013, 04:11 AM   #2089

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I didn't saddle my kids with my name. I don't care for the whole "Junior" thing.
I am the forth in line that has the same name and I am very proud of it. My first and middle name have been in every single generation since my family came to the US before there was a US just not always with the same person. Starting with my great grand father one person got both names. If I have a second son he will be the fifth to have the name.

Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. –Mark Twain

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-21-2013, 04:33 AM   #2090

Liked 389 Times on 257 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Story time? How did you manage that?
One of my best friends has some land thats all woods and pretty secluded in a small town. There's a 2 story house there that his mom lived in as a child, but it had long since been abandoned. There were no longer windows or doors and the inside hand not been maintained in 20+ years. There were obviously some homeless people that had come and gone through there in that time.

So one day she tells us, I want you to get rid of that house, I don't care how, just do it. As a bunch of 16 year olds we're like, "hell yea we will destroy a house!" So we go down there, it's a chilly fall day, and we go inside to make sure there's nothing valuable or anything like that. We notice a bunch of stuff like; a very old mattress, lots of nasty clothes, and a few toys... including a teddy bear. WE clear the house of people (just us luckily), and start to figure out how to destroy this thing. It is a brick house with all wood interior. The inside walls, the ceilings, the floors, the beams. everything except the bricks themselves. So we decide burning it down is by far the best (and coolest) option. SWEET! We go in there and find a pile of trash to light, we get the flame right up next to it... and nothing. The trash wont light. OK fine, We find a piece of wood to light and leave in there to catch. NOPE, wood won't light. At this point we're all pretty upset because we're the only people in the world who cant set an abandoned house on fire. So naturally, we get the gasoline out. We throw some on the wood floor, and throw a match in. NO again. Then another.... and another... and one more to solidify our failure. We decide ok everybody go look for something to burn just to give it a try, we can't do any worse than we already have. So we all scatter and meet back in the house, everybody basically grabbed a piece of wood, except one guy, he grabbed the teddy bear from upstairs. We all look around are just thinking, "yea, I want to set a teddy bear on fire. That will raise my ego!" SO we prop the bear up on an old table next to the wall and get him ready to burn him like a witch. We take the lighter and set his foot on fire, and sure he enough HE BURNS! like hell itself no less. So we are all sitting there watching this bear burn and the house FINALLY catches. We all cheer " YAAAAAY!" and about 10 seconds later, I go," uhh guys..." The entire wall and ceiling are burning so fast that we bust out of there like it was going to blow. By the time we reached a safe distance from the house, the entire second floor was on fire. So we all take our pictures (which I no longer have ) and watch it burn. Sure enough, everything that could go wrong did. The house walls all fell outwards, causing the fire to be twice as big as it should have been. One of the walls almost fell on our friend, and since it was fall, all of the leaves started to catch. So we are all running around creating a perimeter of no leaves so we dont start a forest fire. At this point, the house has fallen but is full roar. We finally get it calmed down to a maintainable point, and that's that. no more fun stuff after that.

That's the story of how I burned a house down with a teddy bear

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

People Like This