Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random acts of kindness

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 12:44 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1085 Times on 535 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911_Marine View Post
Anyway, I have a set of ice hockey skates, helmet, pads, pants and a couple sticks that I would love to donate to a young man looking to get into ice hockey. I am sure there is more up to date stuff out there today but for a youngster that may not be sure he wants to play long term it will be enough to get him out there. I say "him" not because I am sexist but because the skate are a men's 12 and the pads are a large. If you know someone deserving I would love for an anonymous box to show up on his door step. Thanks.
As you can tell by my Avatar, hockey is my game. Take your equipment to one of the rinks and ask for a contact for the local in house rec league. They always have a need for equipment, particularly skates, and you will be surprised at how many those skates will fit. An expensive game, and any equipment donated is greatly appreciated. I thank you when I think of all the equipment I have dredged up for kids teams over the years.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 08-16-2013, 12:49 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1085 Times on 535 Posts
Likes Given: 71

For my donations, for many years I was a certified soccer referee. Did kids, adults, and high school. I did many a kids game for teams that were not necessarily well off, for free. Donated the game fee back, or at a couple of tournaments, took teams to the snack bar with my envelope, and bought them all iceys.

At a tournament the teams pay their referee fees up front in cash. For a U-10 game that would be $15. I could take both teams to the snack bar and buy water ice for them for 0.50 each. Well worth it for the smiles on their faces, and maybe a good thought about the referees.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 08-16-2013, 01:04 AM   #33

Liked 215 Times on 134 Posts

Was cashing my check at the bank drive through today,and the guy next to me wraps up his transaction and goes to crank up his trucks and I heard an old familiar sound... ERRRRRRRRRR KA CLICK CLICK CLICK.

You know the one... The one that tells you your alternator is bad and hasn't charged your battery.

So I'm still waiting on my stuff,but I asked him if he needed a jump, he says yea.

So I hop out of my truck pop the hood and grab my jumper cables out of the tool box and stretch them across the drive through lane and jump him off.

Amazing how two minutes spent helping another can brighten both your days.

I will say though I was quick to help this guy mostly because I had heard that sound and been in his shoes many a time in my first truck. But I do try to pay it forward when I can.