Random acts of kindness - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random acts of kindness

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #21
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9082 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

I agree with Trip. But I will say that I will never pass anybody up who needs a hand when i have the time.

Oh, that reminds me, several years ago I was at a gas station and there is this guy struggling with getting gas into a gas can. You know that vapor recovery boot that you have to pull back otherwise it won't pump any gas? Well, it looked like he didn't know how to do that. So I said "Hey, need a hand?"

He stands up and looks at me before I notice his one empty sleeve..

I apologized and pumped the gas for him then gave him a ride to his car. He said it was no big deal but I still felt bad.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I agree with Trip. But I will say that I will never pass anybody up who needs a hand when i have the time.

Oh, that reminds me, several years ago I was at a gas station and there is this guy struggling with getting gas into a gas can. You know that vapor recovery boot that you have to pull back otherwise it won't pump any gas? Well, it looked like he didn't know how to do that. So I said "Hey, need a hand?"

He stands up and looks at me before I notice his one empty sleeve..

I apologized and pumped the gas for him then gave him a ride to his car. He said it was no big deal but I still felt bad.
must be some more of that infuriating California ****.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1788 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
must be some more of that infuriating California ****.
No they had them here where I live in Missouri till recently.
“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 08-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1918 Times on 843 Posts
Likes Given: 1442

There have been many but one I have never forgotten: Several years ago I was traveling home for Thanksgiving coming across Cimmaron turnpike in north central Oklahoma. Just before I got to the rest area I started dodging shards of a tire in the road . When I pulled in I saw a truck pulling a fifth wheel rv setting out front with a shredded tire. I went in done my business and grabbed something to drank and stepped in line to pay. While I was in line this elderly gentleman asked the clerk if there was a tire shop nearby. Real hateful like she said" no!! nearest one is in Tulsa". He said "that is 60 miles away and I can't make it that far". She then said" I'm sorry sir but I can't help you". He walked out and I paid and walked out behind him, catching up to him and said " sir do you have a spare"? He whirled and very angrily said "ya I got a spare but I just got out of the hospital and can't change it".
Me: not a problem I will change it for you.
Me: do you have a jack ?
Him: No I don't have a jack.
Me: Well there is one on your truck and one on mine maybe we can make one of them work.
It was no easy change but we got it done. When we got thru and went to shake hands he thrust 20.00 in my hand and said" go buy you the poison of your choice. I said "I don't want your money"!!!! He then said" Son my name is --- Cody and I am a direct descendent of Buffalo Bill Cody and your going to take my money.
I then got to spend the next 30 minutes listening to stories about the Cody family. Listening to him talk made it worth it.
Sorry for being long winded!!!!
People Like This 
Old 08-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 437 Times on 288 Posts
Likes Given: 42

The guy at Chicafila gave me 9 chicken nuggets in stead of 8

Old 08-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1788 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 1553

When I lived in Florida I collected 1/64th scale cars (Hot Wheels, Matchboxes, etc.) it was near Christmas one year and I was listening to the radio in my truck as I was heading back to the shop, the DJ's were bragging how they had raised 50 bucks for Toy for Tots, I thought to myself "Hell I can beat that easily", I called one of the reporters at our newspaper chain (he was a Marine and was the coordinator for our local Toys for Tots drive) and I asked him "You want a donation of some Hot Wheels?" "Why sure! of course how many you got?" I replied "Oh about 300", I swear I heard his phone hit the floor , "When can we pick them up?" "You can't I'm about 2 minutes from your office and I'll drop them with you." I dropped off 3 big Rubbermaid tubs full of cars. Couple of days later one of the guys at work said "Dude you made the paper" I took a look and the reporter had written a story about me and what I did.
“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly
People Like This 
Old 08-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #27

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK97 View Post
The guy at Chicafila gave me 9 chicken nuggets in stead of 8
At my local chicfila, if you go in right when lunch time starts, they give you some leftover breakfast samples.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #28

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I just did my act of kindness for the day. We were walking through the mall and I found a phone on the bench. So, I turned it in at the cashier inside Sears.
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 08-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #29
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8799 Times on 5254 Posts
Likes Given: 11667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
I just did my act of kindness for the day. We were walking through the mall and I found a phone on the bench. So, I turned it in at the cashier inside Sears.
What?! There was no Mall Cop to hand it over?

Old 08-16-2013, 12:02 AM   #30

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

What?! There was no Mall Cop to hand it over?
I didn't go look for one. We were leaving.