Random acts of kindness - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random acts of kindness

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 01:29 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2946 Times on 1711 Posts
Likes Given: 1770

Default Thank them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Once in a while there is someone that needs a jumpstart, or getting their keys out of a locked car. I do NOT do this for a living- but if someone is stuck, and I'm free to give them a hand- why not?

For the folks that want to pay me, I ask them to wait until the Salvation Army kettles show up- when passing one, think a nice thought about the Olde Phart that got their car started, and toss a buck in the kettle- and we're even.
And let's not forget to THANK those folks manning/womanning(?) the kettle, who stand out there in the freezing cold, rain & snow, to help out others!

We are all biodegradable.

Ruger, don't leave home without it.
Airborne1 Likes This 
Old 08-13-2013, 01:46 AM   #12
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1334 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

When going through the McDonald's drive-thru, if I see the car behind me is in bad shape and the people inside counting change, I'll tell the clerk as I pay for mine that I'm paying for their order as well. If there are kids in the car, I add cookies or ice cream for a treat. I do the same thing if I'm walking in and see homeless people - grab 'em and ask if they want a meal. It's just to make someone else's life a little bit easier.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

People Like This 
Old 08-13-2013, 02:17 AM   #13

Liked 372 Times on 226 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
For the folks that want to pay me, I ask them to wait until the Salvation Army kettles show up- when passing one, think a nice thought about the Olde Phart that got their car started, and toss a buck in the kettle- and we're even.
it's not a random act of kindness for me, every time i see a Salvation Army kettle, i put money in it. Sometimes while Christmas shopping that means i will see 3 or 4 a day, i still drop something in each one. it's usually not much, but i will every time because i have seen it put to good use.

2 years ago we had rather nasty flooding here, & the salvation army routinely went through neighborhoods & sand bag fill sites to give food & water to about anyone they saw. Me & some friends were filling sand bags at one of the fill sights & a girl from the salvation army stopped by to give us sandwiches & water. we told her thank you but we will pass, give our share to someone who needs it.

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

People Like This 
Old 08-13-2013, 02:20 AM   #14

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
That was probably more than she earns in an hour. Great story.
Way more than I do, and I supply safe drinking water to a whole damn city.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:27 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1817 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Hubby and I help take care of our elderly neighbors. I cook for them, we visit them and hubby has even gone over at 3 am when the man needed help getting his wife up when she had fallen. They know they can call 24 hours per day. Their family doesn't help. I love them like family though so I don't think it counts as random kindness.....

Old 08-13-2013, 03:58 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

I tilled the neghbors garden every year. And she would often come ask for help with something or another. She was arond 90. I sure enjoied the stories she could tell. Once in a while Id take my guitar over to play and sing some gospel songs. She moved in with her daughter last year due to a fall. I sure miss her.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:11 AM   #17
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7384 Times on 4439 Posts
Likes Given: 9136

You are all so awesome and you will be rewarded for your kind and loving deeds.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:14 AM   #18

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

My wife and I are currently cleaning out my parents attic to move them out of their home of 35 years and in with us. Built in baby sitters.

Anyway, I have a set of ice hockey skates, helmet, pads, pants and a couple sticks that I would love to donate to a young man looking to get into ice hockey. I am sure there is more up to date stuff out there today but for a youngster that may not be sure he wants to play long term it will be enough to get him out there. I say "him" not because I am sexist but because the skate are a men's 12 and the pads are a large. If you know someone deserving I would love for an anonymous box to show up on his door step. Thanks.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:49 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 989 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

When I come across a need, I just do....

Become steel or get cut.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:28 AM   #20

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I try not to brag/talk about/advertise my good deeds. I feel it somewhat defeats the purpose, kinda like claiming charity donations on tax returns. Although I know I have mentioned a few.

I'd be more than happy to tell a good deed someone has done for me, or in my presence though. I'm just tired as ****, can't sleep, and can't think of one.

I think I've shared a few here and there in the past on the forum though.