Random acts of kindness
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random acts of kindness

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7106 Times on 4277 Posts
Likes Given: 8623

Default Random acts of kindness

Let's hear them. Here's one I heard that impresses me no end.

A certain member here is having a family crisis. One of the family members lives far away. Another member here donated frequent flier miles to reunite the family in their time of crisis. Now that is one good person, isn't it? Some people just know when to jump in and help without being asked and with no motive for any favour to be returned.

What have you done to help your fellow man?

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 952 Times on 568 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

A certain member here is having a family crisis. One of the family members lives far away. Another member here donated frequent flier miles to reunite the family in their time of crisis. Now that is one good person, isn't it? Some people just know when to jump in and help without being asked and with no motive for any favour to be returned.

I have a group of family and friends who long ago lost track of who owes who a favor, some phone calls are made and people show up to help with projects, go to gun shows, car shows, swap meets, trap shoots or what ever comes up if it is a major project the wives will show up at suppertime with covered dishes and a picnic/party will break out. Whoevers house we are working at is in charge of lunch and beer. The group has grown as some of the group has sons that have come of age, and I see they and their friends doing the same things,(us old guys slow down their projects, plus we don't like the music they work too. lol).
Old 08-13-2013, 12:13 AM   #3
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7106 Times on 4277 Posts
Likes Given: 8623

Great story. Come on, folks. Let's lift each other up what have you witnessed or done for someone else. Too much negativity in this world, let's post some good things!

Old 08-13-2013, 12:23 AM   #4

Liked 379 Times on 252 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

This is just a small one. I went to taco bell because i was starving (not literally) and i order my food at the drive thru. As im pulling up to the window i realize i forgot my wallet at home. I get there and she hands me my soda and i tell her "im really sorry but i forgot my wallet. I cant pay for this" so she hands me the soda and says its no problem. I try to give it back, and as im reaching back up to the window she hands me the food too and says "here ya go! Have a good day!" I politely tell her again i dont have any money but i can drive home and come back. She tells me that this is her one good deed for the day and sends me on my way. And this wasnt a few dollars. I ordered ten bucks worth of taco bell. She made my whole week.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

People Like This 
Old 08-13-2013, 12:30 AM   #5
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7146 Times on 3912 Posts
Likes Given: 14463

That was probably more than she earns in an hour. Great story.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 08-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2808 Times on 1635 Posts
Likes Given: 1634

I deal in seasonal produce, from about Memorial Day to around Labor Day. I have been able to find a good, charitable cause to donate my less than perfect, unsellable, yet very nutritious & delicious (the same food my wife & I eat) older produce to. I do ask if they can furnish me with a tax deductible letter, but the lack of one has never stopped me from donating.

I consider it a true sin to throw out perfectly edible food, so it is a 2 way street with me & the people I donate to.

I also sell Christmas trees in December and have been blessed to find a family or 2 that can really use a free tree or a serious discount, so that they can retain their dignity, & still have a real Christmas tree.

The joy that these things bring into MY life is immeasurable!

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

We are all biodegradable.

People Like This 
Old 08-13-2013, 01:02 AM   #7

Liked 348 Times on 213 Posts
Likes Given: 6

a girl that grew up in the same town I did lost a child to S.I.D.S. a couple years back. We don't know each other well, just basically know each other's names & say hi to each other if our paths happen to cross, which is rare. Her & her husband don't have much money & an account was set up to take donations to pay for the funeral & a headstone, I anonymously donated $150. Hope it helped.

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

People Like This 
Old 08-13-2013, 01:06 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8866 Times on 3840 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

Once in a while there is someone that needs a jumpstart, or getting their keys out of a locked car. I do NOT do this for a living- but if someone is stuck, and I'm free to give them a hand- why not?

For the folks that want to pay me, I ask them to wait until the Salvation Army kettles show up- when passing one, think a nice thought about the Olde Phart that got their car started, and toss a buck in the kettle- and we're even.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 08-13-2013, 01:08 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

I'll never be rich, because I like giving too much.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:12 AM   #10
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 952 Times on 568 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Once in a while there is someone that needs a jumpstart, or getting their keys out of a locked car. I do NOT do this for a living- but if someone is stuck, and I'm free to give them a hand- why not?

For the folks that want to pay me, I ask them to wait until the Salvation Army kettles show up- when passing one, think a nice thought about the Olde Phart that got their car started, and toss a buck in the kettle- and we're even.
With your permission I am gonna steal that line, in fact I am kind of ashamed I didn't think of it myself