Rambo?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Rambo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2008, 11:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Rambo?

Yo! Anybody but me see "Rambo" over the weekend? It was about what I expected, lots of bad acting and gunfire. Some of the wounds were exagerated, but that's Hollyweird for you.

Same old tired plot, the hero reluctantly takes liberal do-gooder missionaries up river into a war zone, (Burma) only to have to go back in with a group of mercs to rescue them.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-30-2008, 01:25 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Rambo is a anti gun activist and was seen sponsoring them at a fun raiser, he will not get one penny from me nor will i ever watch another one of his movies .

Old 01-30-2008, 01:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
Rambo is a anti gun activist and was seen sponsoring them at a fun raiser, he will not get one penny from me nor will i ever watch another one of his movies .
He did endorse John McCain on the Letterman show I believe. John McCain acted like he could care less though.
Proud NRA member

Old 01-30-2008, 03:28 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Some pretty interesting stats.

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 02-04-2008, 06:38 PM   #5

i enjoyed the movie other than the fact that it did not have plot, but for once a movie didnt give a liberal message in the end.

"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." ~ Elmer Davis

Old 02-05-2008, 11:10 PM   #6

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberry View Post
i enjoyed the movie other than the fact that it did not have plot, but for once a movie didnt give a liberal message in the end.
Oh it had a plot. The hero reluctantly takes liberal do-gooder missionaries up river into a war zone, (Burma) only to have to go back in with a group of mercs to rescue them. The head do-gooder, liberal, pacifist, missionary said to John Rambo that he would "report him" for killing a bunch of river pirates, thereby saving the lives of the male missionaries and the "honor" of the female. He said something like; "There's never a good reason to kill anyone." Later during the big finale shoot-out killing scene, that same male (former) pacifist beat a bad guy to death. I guess he chanaged his mind. The plot was that sometimes it is necessary to kill.
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 02-06-2008, 02:37 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You want a Stalone movie with a plot, go get the movie "Oscar". I won't tell you the plot, but my wife and both thought of the old Cary Grant comedies when we watched it. He then went on and made "Stop or my mom will shoot." The critics tore him a new one on that and he said he'd never make another comedy. Go check out "Oscar" and make up you're own mind.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:57 PM   #8

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Stalone rankes right up there with Hittler and Sadam for people I would listen to about anything. Rambo was good FBP2 was ok FBP3 was not so good so I figured Rambo 4 was going to suck azz. I would rather have seen Tom Seleck in a movie at lest he is on our side.

Who wants to watch a 60 moron shoot up a country? I don't. But then again I am an odd person.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:55 PM   #9

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
My wife and I just bought the Jodie Foster movie, "The Brave One", where she goes after the thugs who beat her boyfriend to death, and her nearly the same. It a good movie, but then we watched the "Special Features" segment and she was saying how "wrong" everything her character did was. "Once she made the decision to buy the gun, she was doomed after that". What she doesn't say of course is, if she or he would have had a gun to begin with, there would have been no story after that because they could have dropped the thugs right from the get go. So typical. A liberal Hollywood actor making millions shooting guns in the movies because they themselves know that's what everyone wants, then condemn it in real life. Too bad her character in the movie wasn't her in real life. She'd be a better person. Bill T.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:50 AM   #10

I've heard Stallone was a draft dodger. Even Snopes could not confirm nor deny this fact. He's about the right age, so I'm suspect. I have no issue with folks that opted out of the draft, I can not sayu what I would do having not been in their shoes at the same time, however, I feel making movies about being a Vietnam War hero is a real slap in the face to the folks that served there. For that reason, he can kiss my.....
No more of his movies or BS for me.