Rally @ the Capitol!! - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Rally @ the Capitol!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 11:07 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 843 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 1744

ha-HA!!! But what I'll really need is 50 lbs of yeast, 50 lbs of corn feed, 25 lbs of sugar and 12 feet of copper tubing.... I'll bring the rest!!
In case you can't tell... I'm the decendent of Confederates and bootleggers... so I don't really care what laws the federal government passes.
Mosin Likes This 
Old 01-21-2013, 02:46 AM   #22

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

I went to the rally in Albany, NY along with over 2,000 other pissed off gun owners. It was a great showing with some good speakers. Proud to have been a part of it.

Jeff Cooper
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-21-2013, 03:22 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 157 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
The one in Raleigh North Carolina was a complete clusterf**k !!! We started to arrive around 11 at the old capitol building... then were told there was to be a march and speeches. We eventually were corralled on the far backside of the (closed) State legislature building on the green... where NO ONE could see us from the street. There was misinformation about where we could be, where we could march, IF we could have signs and placards (and whether or not we would be arrested).... NO ONE bothered to bring even a bull horn to help direct the event !!.... Didn't really matter... because there was NO media there, and if there were, they would not have been able to even FIND US anyway!! My son and I talked with a police officer for a while and then took ourselves, our signs and went home. BTW... kudos for the cops being professional and controlled. It was if they were walking a line between empathy for the cause... and sympathy about the end results.

Also.... while I also understand how pissed off everyone was ... this was NOT a rally that should have had anything to do with impeachment, taxes, abortion, gay rights or God. It seems too many where using it to drag in other issues instead of staying focused on the task at hand ... the potential punishment of law-abiding, responsible gun owners!!! If you think this is not important... keep in mind how single minded and focused the ANTI's are in this fight!!??

To the organizers; I stand ready to have my voice heard in this... but don't call until you guys can get your $h*t together!! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to try and find ammo for.... well, anything I own.

PS- Some asshat brought a LOADED shotgun to the Dixie show today at the Fairgrounds!! It went off when he took it out of the case to be checked!! Two people injured and the show locked down!! To that IDIOT.. I also say a big "thank you very little!!"
I almost went to that gun show but I was too bussy. I heard that 2 people were shot in in the hand with bird shot and one in the chest.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #24

Liked 843 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 1744

Here's the official story from the "Snooze & Disturber" :
http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/01/19/2617998/accidental-shooting-report-at.html
Nothing really life threatening in terms of wounds, otherwise the paper and tv would have grabbed it and ran.... but the best quote was “This is just a mess, One guy gives all of us a bad reputation because he can’t follow fifth-grade safety rules.” ... Ha-Rumph on that. Meantime the bottom mentions a blurb about the ralley and that "the crowd numbered around 200 people" HORSE HOCKEY !! There were more like 500-600 and if a rep from this rag was there I didn't see them... and I was standing and milling around the back talking to the Po-po's (that's local slang for "police")!!