Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Rally @ the Capitol!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 12:59 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 663 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 1368

The one in Raleigh North Carolina was a complete clusterf**k !!! We started to arrive around 11 at the old capitol building... then were told there was to be a march and speeches. We eventually were corralled on the far backside of the (closed) State legislature building on the green... where NO ONE could see us from the street. There was misinformation about where we could be, where we could march, IF we could have signs and placards (and whether or not we would be arrested).... NO ONE bothered to bring even a bull horn to help direct the event !!.... Didn't really matter... because there was NO media there, and if there were, they would not have been able to even FIND US anyway!! My son and I talked with a police officer for a while and then took ourselves, our signs and went home. BTW... kudos for the cops being professional and controlled. It was if they were walking a line between empathy for the cause... and sympathy about the end results.

Also.... while I also understand how pissed off everyone was ... this was NOT a rally that should have had anything to do with impeachment, taxes, abortion, gay rights or God. It seems too many where using it to drag in other issues instead of staying focused on the task at hand ... the potential punishment of law-abiding, responsible gun owners!!! If you think this is not important... keep in mind how single minded and focused the ANTI's are in this fight!!??

To the organizers; I stand ready to have my voice heard in this... but don't call until you guys can get your $h*t together!! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to try and find ammo for.... well, anything I own.

PS- Some asshat brought a LOADED shotgun to the Dixie show today at the Fairgrounds!! It went off when he took it out of the case to be checked!! Two people injured and the show locked down!! To that IDIOT.. I also say a big "thank you very little!!"

Old 01-20-2013, 01:04 AM   #12

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Yup. The media is going to take every incident across the country, compile them all together and make it look like gun owners are stupid and guns are not safe...
Morons hurt the cause more than the anti gunners sometimes.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

NC1760 Likes This 
Old 01-20-2013, 01:08 AM   #13
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
The one in Raleigh North Carolina was a complete clusterf**k !!! We started to arrive around 11 at the old capitol building... then were told there was to be a march and speeches. We eventually were corralled on the far backside of the (closed) State legislature building on the green... where NO ONE could see us from the street. There was misinformation about where we could be, where we could march, IF we could have signs and placards (and whether or not we would be arrested).... NO ONE bothered to bring even a bull horn to help direct the event !!.... Didn't really matter... because there was NO media there, and if there were, they would not have been able to even FIND US anyway!! My son and I talked with a police officer for a while and then took ourselves, our signs and went home. BTW... kudos for the cops being professional and controlled. It was if they were walking a line between empathy for the cause... and sympathy about the end results.

Also.... while I also understand how pissed off everyone was ... this was NOT a rally that should have had anything to do with impeachment, taxes, abortion, gay rights or God. It seems too many where using it to drag in other issues instead of staying focused on the task at hand ... the potential punishment of law-abiding, responsible gun owners!!! If you think this is not important... keep in mind how single minded and focused the ANTI's are in this fight!!??

To the organizers; I stand ready to have my voice heard in this... but don't call until you guys can get your $h*t together!! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to try and find ammo for.... well, anything I own.

PS- Some asshat brought a LOADED shotgun to the Dixie show today at the Fairgrounds!! It went off when he took it out of the case to be checked!! Two people injured and the show locked down!! To that IDIOT.. I also say a big "thank you very little!!"
As sad as it sounds, it sounds more effective than the rally in Massachusetts, no surprise. I honestly expected to hear of deaths in this state.
Hell, after a 10 hour work day,being sick, consuming 3 beers and approximately 100 ml of 100 proof rum just to be comfortable due to illness I just had to explain the Doppler effect to a 23 year old who graduated high school with a 3.0+ GPA. Wtf is wrong today?

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:24 AM   #14

Liked 43 Times on 21 Posts

Well...,. Our rally in Utah went well! Several thousand people on the steps of the Capitol. Had some good speakers and Rep Brian Green introduced his bill about to be put to vote. It basically says ANY new gun laws will not be enforced in Utah and attempts by Feds to grab guns will be a felony! I would say about 75-80% of the people were open carry and many had long rifles right on the state Capitol! No one hurt, no ND or AD just thousands of freedom loving Americans standing up for their right to defend their homes, families and selves. If all the sheep out east and in California won't show up and defend our rights you can be damn sure the fine people of Utah will not be backing down in this fight!!

Old 01-20-2013, 02:33 AM   #15

This was right at the start and the crowd grew some after this.

image-2602343514.jpg   image-3971360464.jpg   image-3363061796.jpg  

Old 01-20-2013, 02:40 AM   #16

Liked 1660 Times on 936 Posts
Likes Given: 1118

I ended up going and carrying my P95. I thought there was over 200 people there. But the news said 500. I was one of the first 100 or so. So I was up near the front and couldnt really tell how many people were behind me. It was a great event. I thought about bringing my AR. But I didn't want to be "That Guy". Well half of the people there had long guns. There were ARs, 20 inch Mossy 500s, several M1As. But there were a bunch of long guns. I felt kind of left out will my pea shooter. There was a State Representative that spoke as well as retired LEO and Military. The state rep spoke pretty boldly. He said that our president is a tyrant and so is our governor. The media was there too. Only one guy looked like a tactical stooge. Who was on the news? Him of course. But he actually sounded good. I was amazed at the news story. They made us look good. But there wasnt anything bad for them to record and show. Come to think of it I am suprised they ran the story!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:44 AM   #17

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760

It was canceled bc the state reps were on vacation or some bs that's why I didn't go today

Old 01-20-2013, 02:52 AM   #18

The news here reports about 3500+ showed up at the Capitol here in Utah.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #19

Liked 663 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 1368

Well hell.... Utah is looking a lot better for my retirement move. Do I have to bring my own coffee ??

Here's a follow up on N.C. .... It appears as if THESE guys should have ran the rally yesterday instead. At least the media AND local sherrif's were present at this one;
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/11990494/#/vid11990494

Last edited by NC1760; 01-20-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #20

Nah they's got plenty o coffee.. Can even get smokes n drink if you can believe that..