Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Raised By Hippies?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 03:27 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2229 Times on 1383 Posts
Likes Given: 14840

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller View Post
I was raised by a fighter pilot and he went to Nam. I was not a hippie and hated all that stupid crap that the hippies did. Still do.
I was a hippie with a cause and a soldier also.! I served ,I didn't have to agree.!
Old 05-05-2013, 03:28 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7620 Times on 3316 Posts
Likes Given: 1130

Signs that you were raised in a Military family:

1. Kids refer to Mom as Household 6.

2. On Monday mornings, they are standing in the hall with 2 sheets and a pillow case.

3. Your 14 yr old wants a "high & tight" haircut- but you're not sure it would look good on her.

4. For "Show & Tell", the 9 yr old takes a parachute.

5. Waiting in line at the grocery, your wife "takes a knee".

6. The baby wore woodland pattern camo diapers.

7. Your daughter's eye shadow is light green- and loam.

8. After school snacks involve MRE heaters.

9. Returning from a date, daughter checks in with the Charge of Quarters.

10. While at a restaurant, one of the kids says "Daddy, I need to use the latrine."

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 05-05-2013, 04:56 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 926 Times on 617 Posts
Likes Given: 1544

9 signs you were raised by rednecks:

1. You were suspended from school for carrying a knife, on the first day of kindergarten.

2. Your baby shoes were buckskin moccasins

3. Your first bike had a trailer hitch on it

4. You spit out the first store bought Mountain Dew you ever tried because it wasn't what you were expecting.

5. You were a teenager before you learned that not all cars were 4WD

6. Your bus driver called you instead of the school mechanic.

7. The principle automatically called you over the intercom every time a stray animal was found in the school.

8. You were wondering where the skewers were the day the frogs got dissected in biology class, and why they didn't have holes in them from the gig.

9. You were an adult before you found out opening day of deer season wasn't a national holiday.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:31 AM   #14
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7401 Times on 4276 Posts
Likes Given: 9516

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post

1. You were suspended from school for carrying a knife, on the first day of kindergarten.

I carried a knife all through school and in college. Never got in trouble for it though. Still have my favorite one, a 3" Buck folder.

I made a few sets of moccasins as a kid. It was either those or barefoot. I was pissed that I had to wear "regular" shoes in school!

4. You spit out the first store bought Mountain Dew you ever tried because it wasn't what you were expecting.

LOL! I know what you mean- but didn't have that problem. I didn't drink soft drinks at all. Still don't (but I have had them...)

When I was a tennager I didn't need 4X4!

I "stole" the school bus when I was 13 years old. It was full of kids at the time. They caught up to me a mile up the road. I stopped to drop off at the first stop. That created some real excitement! But I never got in trouble for it.

7. The principle automatically called you over the intercom every time a stray animal was found in the school.

Word. Same deal for my kids when they were going to public scool before we started home schooling.

8. You were wondering where the skewers were the day the frogs got dissected in biology class, and why they didn't have holes in them from the gig.

I actually cut the legs off and was going to have them for lunch. They were confiscated though (these were pithed frogs, not the ones soaked in formaldehyde)

9. You were an adult before you found out opening day of deer season wasn't a national holiday.
I also learned to track really well by finding my older brothers when they ditched me. They are still to this day amazed at how good I got at finding them despite their efforts to cover their tracks.

I guess I am a mix between a redneck and a Hippie.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 05-05-2013, 06:16 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3846 Times on 2302 Posts
Likes Given: 3232

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Signs that you were raised in a Military family:

1. Kids refer to Mom as Household 6.

2. On Monday mornings, they are standing in the hall with 2 sheets and a pillow case.

3. Your 14 yr old wants a "high & tight" haircut- but you're not sure it would look good on her.

4. For "Show & Tell", the 9 yr old takes a parachute.

5. Waiting in line at the grocery, your wife "takes a knee".

6. The baby wore woodland pattern camo diapers.

7. Your daughter's eye shadow is light green- and loam.

8. After school snacks involve MRE heaters.

9. Returning from a date, daughter checks in with the Charge of Quarters.

10. While at a restaurant, one of the kids says "Daddy, I need to use the latrine."
Guilty, military brat for life, and I never left it.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:12 AM   #16

Liked 740 Times on 434 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post

I could add a few things to this list (born/raised in Scott Co. Tenn) but one memory that stands out, is my brothers always fighting over the spit cup on the bus, on the way to school.

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 05-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
I could add a few things to this list (born/raised in Scott Co. Tenn) but one memory that stands out, is my brothers always fighting over the spit cup on the bus, on the way to school.
OH...And even better, my high school bus driver kept a bolt action rifle, with a scope on it beside his seat. He was always on the lookout for groundhogs...he could spot them seems like a mile away, stop the bus, and blast the little suckers...lol

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

People Like This 
Old 05-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #18

Quote:
OH...And even better, my high school bus driver kept a bolt action rifle, with a scope on it beside his seat. He was always on the lookout for groundhogs...he could spot them seems like a mile away, stop the bus, and blast the little suckers...lol
And does anybody remember gun racks..? I never see them anymore, But growing up in Tenn, they must have been standard equipment, EVERY truck had one...

towboater Likes This 
Old 05-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6155 Times on 3731 Posts
Likes Given: 7029

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
I remember hearing about Kent State. Also heard about Neil Armstrong landing on the moon. Both quite some time after the event. Was involved in some violence of my own a LONG way away from Kent State.
I admire you, C3.

Quote:
That is hysterically funny. But I would have been mortified as a school aged kid.

Vikingdad, I ditched science class the day we were supposed to pith the frogs. I just couldn't do it.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:39 AM   #20

Quote:
And does anybody remember gun racks..? I never see them anymore, But growing up in Tenn, they must have been standard equipment, EVERY truck had one...
And ..everybody had vehicles with no tags or titles. we drove them all around everywhere, most belonged to dead relatives, Dad used to tell us kids "dont drive uncle Bobby's truck out on the four lane"

People Like This