Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Raised By Hippies? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/raised-hippies-90000/)

Vikingdad 05-03-2013 05:20 AM

Raised By Hippies?

I think I was raised by Hippies. First clue is that I grew up on a commune, but it was drug free ('cept for alcohol). Find out for yourself!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/sandraeallen/29-signs-you-were-raised-by-hippies

DrumJunkie 05-03-2013 05:39 AM

I was in cloth diapers but it was 1963-64 :D

dango 05-03-2013 06:11 AM

Fore dead in Ohio , Kent State Uni. .! Governor Rodes ?.! Was there , I got arrested there , I was a hippie ...! :p

One of the few times this whole frogging country stood as ONE..! I'm ready to stand again , damn (Neo-con) murdering , thieving , black hearted , SOB's....!

To people's of major power , what is gold , or money , or diamonds to a stanking corps...? While I'm at it , FBI ,CIA , DHS , ETC. , COME AND TAKE MY GUNS FOR IT IS A GOOD DAY TO DIE... !

Was I polite enough....? :confused:PIECE....! .....:( oh yeah , I forgot ,
Baaaaaaaah , hail to the Queeeeen. , go USSA..! :D

^____|---l___\~>^ = Eeeek..! Feelin feisty....! Eeeek..,! :confused:

Daoust_Nat 05-05-2013 01:09 AM

When Kent State went down I was in Alabama, in a very conservative Methodist School, now known as Athens State Unversity. Even Athens had a reaction to Kent State, and a demonstration. It was minor in nature, but a phenominally big thing to the town of Athens, AL. It showed them that there were other opinions on what was going on, and there were reactions.

There was no violence, but there was people who wanted to make a statement on what was in their opinion right. There was no one at that school that went and meet returning Viet Nam vets in Huntsville, AL and demonstrated against them. But the school wanted to protest things like Kent State.

At that time, I believe a Kent State type protest in rural North Alabama, might have been bloodier. Thankfully, it was not an issue.

I was pretty liberal then, but since then I have gotten a job!

Axxe55 05-05-2013 01:17 AM

well i can honestly say i wasn't raised by hippies!:D

c3shooter 05-05-2013 01:55 AM

I may have to put together "15 signs you were raised by Rednecks...."

:p

I remember hearing about Kent State. Also heard about Neil Armstrong landing on the moon. Both quite some time after the event. Was involved in some violence of my own a LONG way away from Kent State.

Axxe55 05-05-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1237073)

I remember hearing about Kent State. Also heard about Neil Armstrong landing on the moon. Both quite some time after the event. Was involved in some violence of my own a LONG way away from Kent State.

a Southeast Asia vacation perchance?

Vikingdad 05-05-2013 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1237073)

If you could distill it down to just 15 it would be quite a feat!

Quote:

That sounds more interesting.

limbkiller 05-05-2013 03:10 AM

I was raised by a fighter pilot and he went to Nam. I was not a hippie and hated all that stupid crap that the hippies did. Still do.

DFlynt 05-05-2013 03:22 AM

I wasn't raised by hippies either Dad worked at the Naval Avionics Facility Indianapolis and Mom stayed home and raised 4 kids, she finally went to work as a cafeteria lady in the Shelbyville School district when all of us kids were in school. Had a 3 bedroom house and 2 cars, one was always a Buick Special Station Wagon and the other one was a pea green Volkswagen Beetle.