Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Rain gear for motorcycles???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 623 Times on 288 Posts
Likes Given: 362

Two piece rain suits designed for riders generally work well. There are also one piece riding suits that shed the rain. Helmets with face shields tend to fog up in rain. Glasses in the rain get rain drops on both sides of the lenses. Glasses under a face shield are a disaster. For me the most important of all was waterproof boots. Second was waterproof gloves.
Probably the biggest thing is the design of the bike. A Gold Wing rider sails through pretty good while a Harley rider takes it in the gut.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:39 AM   #12

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

I would like to add and can testify to Frogg Toggs,one of my many passions riding cross country on the bike for a week or two visiting national parks and other sites through out the country.
One Fall I left Missouri headed for Arizona,of course it was raining the day of my departure and did wait for some heavy stuff to pass before leaving? Well that didn't last very long lol before I was out of MO. the rain began all the way across Kansas to the OK. boarder it rained....Next morning it was still raining finally headed out,it rained hard through OK.,TX, and half way across NM. before clearing up.The Frogg Toggs kept me dry for 2 days of rain and the trip back was about the same hahaha...Never mind about the 2 1/2 days of rain in Utah

Old 06-13-2012, 06:41 AM   #13
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1490 Times on 913 Posts
Likes Given: 7330

Wal-Mart rain suit, two piece, plastic shopping bags and 200 MPH tape for inside my shoes. Good goggles that fit over my glasses, all are kept in my LH saddle bag at all times. I only use them if I get caught in the rain, If it's wet out,I don't ride. My only wreck on a bike was caused by a combination of wet roads and a binding front brake. Road rash sucks.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 06-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #14

Liked 967 Times on 707 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Put aside my bike is like a water park ride when its wet out , Its just too dangerous for me , i almost stop going though curves . Buddy had his V-Star get squiffy with him the other day and all he did was shift into 3rd .
Dad carries his little walmart suit and a bandana for his face and does not seem to have a problem .
I just dont ride when its wet or going to be wet and i dont ride after 7 pm due to the massive amount of bugs I ingest ruins my dinner

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I still have my rain gear from on the job, a set of H-D bib pants and a long orange jacket. Works real well.

I never made a point of taking the bike out in the rain, but if you're already out, sometimes it is unavoidable. You cannot always predict the showers, and the weathermen, oops I meant weatherpeople, don't always get it right. It's best to be prepared.