Rain gear for motorcycles???
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Rain gear for motorcycles???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 16 Posts

Default Rain gear for motorcycles???

You motorcyclist what kind of rain gear do you wear when driving in the rain? I know nothing will keep you 100% dry just wondering what is the good stuff to wear.

Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-12-2012, 12:46 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3087 Times on 1548 Posts
Likes Given: 380

I don't have any actual rain gear for riding. I have a Cordura riding Jacket and Riding pants, best described as water resistant. Since I live in Northern UT & not Seattle, it does the job. I prefer to avoid the rain when possible. If it were more of a worry, I'd probably keep some Frogg Toggs in a saddle bag.

http://www.froggtoggsraingear.com/Suits.shtm

NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?

Old 06-12-2012, 02:49 AM   #3

Liked 1220 Times on 872 Posts
Likes Given: 621

Since i have no wind shield or front fender , I keep my ass off the bike when its wet

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 06-12-2012, 03:31 AM   #4

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

These aren't bad Frogg toggs I purchased a set 4-5 yrs. ago they still keep me dry in the rain,they're light weight and pack small

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGdVu.qdZPYiIAEttXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1bmUzc3R lBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkA1NNRTExOF8yM DM-/SIG=11i9cqvfq/EXP=1339497022/**http%3a//froggtoggsraingear.com/

Old 06-12-2012, 03:49 AM   #5

Liked 2018 Times on 1112 Posts
Likes Given: 1349

This may sound stupid or redneck...but I bought a rain suit at Walmart several years ago. It came with a hood that snaps on and off. It was about $30. It really works good. They are quite heavy weight. I keep them in my saddle bags on long trips.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:19 AM   #6

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I don't ride if there's much of a chance of rain.. If I get caught I get wet.. Most of the rain I've been caught in hasn't been for very long.. My leather jacket and double bubble screen keep my upper body dry enough and my plastic does well enough on my lower body.. Assuming I'm moving that is...

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #7

Liked 1220 Times on 872 Posts
Likes Given: 621

I dont care what you have on or what kind of bike you have , you pull the front fender off and its wet , your cool factor goes into the negative , like a dang water hose hitting you in the face

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 06-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #8

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
I dont care what you have on or what kind of bike you have , you pull the front fender off and its wet , your cool factor goes into the negative , like a dang water hose hitting you in the face
Why would the front fender be off?

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #9

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Frog Toggs are the way to go!

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3087 Times on 1548 Posts
Likes Given: 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Rain sucks enough with all the pieces installed, no call to make things worse. Odd thought, I know, but you could always put it back on.
NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?