Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Rabid Coon?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Rabid Coon?

I decided to take a walk this morning, since it quit raining. My old dog Jack as company, and the cell phone that my wife insists I have at all times. When I rounded the corner of the tractor shed, Jack is raising heck, and a freaking coon boils out from under some old lumber stacked there. The fight was on. I could not get a shot for fear of hitting Jack. The old hound finaly got a strangle hold on the coon and shook the thing to death, then I shot it with the Buckmark for good measure. Funny how something that lasts probably less than a minute seems like a day. I called the animal warden, he picked up the coon, and I took Jack to the vet. He got chewed up a bit, and his shots are current. They cleaned him up, gave him a booster shot, and told me to keep him in for 15 days, and watch him. I didn't handle Jack or the coon. Already took a shower. Rabies scare the piss outta me. Now I have to wait for a lab report. Reminds a man how fortunate he is to have a good hound, and a firearm.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-27-2009, 02:50 PM   #2

Sorry for your dog. Good dogs are just another reason why I know that God loves us. I hope all turns out well.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud in "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"

"My dear boy, I love hearing my relations abused. It is the only thing that makes me put up with them at all. Relations are simply a tedious pack of people, who haven’t got the remotest knowledge of how to live, nor the smallest instinct about when to die."

Old 03-27-2009, 02:57 PM   #3

Default Don't worry to much

[QUOTE=McNabb11b;87697]Sorry for your dog. Good dogs are just another reason why I know that God loves us. I hope all turns out well.[/QUOTE

The old devil is laying on HIS pillow, snoring like a freight train right now.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Old 03-27-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Jack's a good friend. I hope he stays well.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #5

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

If he is up to date on his shots and you didn't start chewing on him or the dog you should be good to go.

Rabies is no joke. I have delt with it as I was the Rabies Bite control officer for Fort Dix, McGuire AFB and Lakehurts NAS.

I have been shot up a few times with rabies for vaccination. I have seen in person that Rabies makes animals do serious things. I watched a cat defye gravity and run circles around his cage from top to bottom none stop. Talk about fun If I had some stray that bit a person I have to kill it and cut its head off. I would then package it up in a foam cooler and pack ice around it and send it off.

I had 2 seperate cases of it at Fort Dix. 4 people had to go on rabbies shots. Them suckers are no gd joke they hurt.

Keep an eye on old yeller and yourself you never know.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:29 PM   #6

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I think I've got your number bobby!
You're just workin' on getin' back to those therapists!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyb13 View Post
Reminds a man how fortunate he is to have a good hound, and a firearm.
No truer words my friend. I am glad that you and the hound appear fine on the surface. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for both of you guys...

And what THE HELL is in the water over there? I immediately demand that bad sh!t stop happening to you and your loved ones!!

Don't make JD angry Fate, you won't like me when I'm angry.

JD

Old 03-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #8

[QUOTE=Dillinger;87716]No truer words my friend. I am glad that you and the hound appear fine on the surface. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for both of you guys...

And what THE HELL is in the water over there? I immediately demand that bad sh!t stop happening to you and your loved ones!!

Don't make JD angry Fate, you won't like me when I'm angry.

It is all good JD. Living and dying in the country, all my life. Wildlife are the norm. Copperheads, Coons, D@mn coydogs, are normal, same as the deer and bear. The heck of it is I feel much safer, happier, here where I can Whiz off the front porch, without upsetting anyone, than I ever have in suburbia, or the cities with the two legged predators. So, my dear friend do not unleash thy rath upon the little County yet. If I die tomorrow, have a celebration of a life that was loved and enjoyed. I have told the Boys, and my Dear Wife. Shed no tears. Heaven or valhalla must be awsome compared to the life I have been granted. Besides the Ducks got my back.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Old 03-27-2009, 03:56 PM   #9

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyb13 View Post
I have told the Boys, and my Dear Wife. Shed no tears. Heaven or valhalla must be awsome compared to the life I have been granted.
Completely understand my friend. I'll raise a glass in your honor and shoot a flaming arrow into the pyre with your men.

But HOW MUCH FOR THE DUCK?!?!?!

Old 03-27-2009, 04:35 PM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Between medical issues, coon attacks, and exploding brushfires, maybe you should think about a rabbits foot or something.