Rabbits eating my spinach!!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Rabbits eating my spinach!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default Rabbits eating my spinach!!!

I was outside just watering my plants and I noticed that one of my small spinach plants was almost completely gone and my biggest one had a few half eaten leaves on it. Im almost positive it was rabbits. I do have a powerful air rifle and if I see it I will shoot it but then I would have to wait outside for a long time right??? I am also wondering what my other options are?

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Live trap and eat the rabbit. You might also dump some human urine around the garden to mark your territory.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 05-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #3

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Live trap and eat the rabbit. You might also dump some human urine around the garden to mark your territory.
You cant be serious about the urine thing ? Lol and how would I know if the rabbit is safe to eat ???
Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.
dango Likes This 
Old 05-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 768 Times on 564 Posts
Likes Given: 225

Urine does work. Just don't whip it out in the garden. Fill a cup indoors. I don't eat rabbit until after the winter kill. And only contwy wabbit!

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

dango Likes This 
Old 05-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2531 Times on 1236 Posts
Likes Given: 1270

Also I have heard one can go to the Farm Bureau Co-Op or farm supply store and get dried blood to sprinkle around your gardens edge to protect plants! I was advised it works for Deer also.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 05-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3160 Times on 1794 Posts
Likes Given: 18367

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Make that wood-ash and urine , also good for the soil..!
Old 05-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8825 Times on 3820 Posts
Likes Given: 1364

Just do not pee on your plants. Seriously, will burn them.

Look, you are a meat eater, right? Meat eaters produce more ammonia in the urine (from pulling nitrogen out of your blood from the meat you ate)

Animals like bunnies have learned to avoid things that eat meat.

Would not eat bunnies this time of year if I had a choice. Pregnant/ parasites.

You can also hit the dollar store for a bottle of ammonia. Stand bottle upright in shallow hole, put a couple of nail holes in the UPPER shoulder of bottle. Not to let liquid ammonia out- to let the SMELL out.

And yes, you will be sitting outside a long time (as Sensei would say, "Learn sit like ROCK!") at dusk and at dawn.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 05-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #8

Liked 284 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 1246

Got to many many dogs around here for the rabits, they dont stand much of a chance.
Ill end up with a rope about knee high a bit higher with white bags tied about every 3 feet, keep the deer out.
But no worrys with that till dead of sumer when they cant find much green to eat.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #9

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

I urinate around the yard too. It works very well. No rabbits. 'course I don't have a garden either...

Carrots -- tell him he wants carrots and spinach is for Popeye.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 05-17-2013 at 10:53 PM.
dango Likes This 
Old 05-17-2013, 11:27 PM   #10
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 943 Times on 620 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Plant enough for all natures creatures, your family, and the creatures that really own your yard.